|Starboard Futura 155, Windsurfing USA, May 08|
Posted:03-Apr-08, Read 10813 times,
• WHAT WE LIKED: "What the light–air board test should be all about, " said one tester. The most light–air–dedicated board of the fleet took the gold medal in early planing – and blasted through lulls like they weren’t even there. Some testers noted it carved an amazingly tight–radius jibe for such a large board.
• BUYER BEWARE: One tester thought the fin could have been bigger. In higher winds, smaller testers found the width a bit difficult to control – but remember, it’s the widest board in the fleet.
• BETTER THAN THE FLEET AT: Being a big, wide board that gave
testers big, wide grins.
• BEST SUITS: Multiple foot–strap options make the Starboard suited for a range of sailors from beginners to flat–water dragsters.
• OTHER HIGHLIGHTS: Tuttle fin box lets sailors experiment with super– size fins, dramatically increasing sail range. Deep double concaves keep the ride smooth and controlled.