The purely experimental Serenity Cat is our case study to explore how far the concept of shared windsurfing can be pushed. We want to see how a totally different approach can transform the windsurfing experience.
To maximize the ability to enjoy windsurfing together, an ultra stable shape that can carry up to two passengers is required. The design has to be more stable than any other board ever conceived.
To maximize the fun, we need a concept that glides effortlessly and holds a full set of features to make cruising a social and very enjoyable experience. From beer can holders, fishing rod holders and water-tight storage compartments to storage for sun-block lotions, phones and sandwiches, we needed plenty of neat ideas.
On the water, its greatest asset of all is the effortless and speedy glide. The Serenity Cat, with its twin round hull design, glides beautifully and accelerates in the lightest of breezes.
"The world's most stable and most social windsurfing concept. A truly different windsurfing experience altogether."
- Cup holders and water-tight storage compartments: keep your sun block lotion, phone and sandwiches with you.
- Raised upper deck. One adult or two kids can join you on board.
- Strap loops on the deck: bringing an ice-box? Strap it down using the convenient strap loops placed around the deck and side sections.
- iDO inserts: if you want to make learning windsurfing even easier, add an iDO that will hold the sail upright.
- The side sections of the upper deck are raised. These side sections of the upper deck support the sail when it is not used, keeping it dry and out of the water: uphauling is always easy.