PDA

View Full Version : Which (freeride)board planes the first?

reinh
1st February 2011, 03:07 AM
My home spot is a lake with a lot trees around it. Beautifull but not good for the wind off course. So I search for a board where I can plane from 3 or 4 Bft on, or 10-12 knots.
Now I have an old Fanatic Falcon 90 cm wide board which planes early but it is hard to jibe (because of it's wide square tail and it's fin of 70 cm)

So I'm looking for another board which planes as early (or earlier) and is also fun to ride, jibe, tack and maybe to do light wind freestyle tricks. So beside early planing, manouverability is important, as toughness (a tufskin with EVA looks very attractive to me with rocks on the lakeside).
I saw the Ultra Sonic but it looks very vulnerable (and expensive)

I'm 73 kg and and an advanced surfer. Which board do you advise the GO (windsurfer), the big Kode or Carve or Futura?
The big sizes, are they all planing as early?

Remi
1st February 2011, 05:25 AM
Hi Reinh

The only board I can see that can beat in early among your current board is the Ultra Sonic 147 and will be more easier in jibe also. For Freestyle is not really a board for that.
The Wood version will be more durable and stronger than your carbon board, so should be ok as soon you don't drop it on a sharp rock
Wich sails you use right now on your board?
Hope this help

All the best

reinh
1st February 2011, 05:40 AM
I have a 7.5 Flash (gunsails) and a 8.5 Tribord But I'm also looking for a good camberless 8.5 or 9 sail.