View Full Version : 2010 IS or 2011 Futura?
6th March 2011, 04:18 PM
What would the differences be between last years IS and this years Futura's be?
In terms of speed and control. I'm looking at either a 2010 IS121or a 2011 Futura 122, I'm about 98kg's and will be using 7m and 8.2m Naish redlines and a NP RS 6.2m.
I will mainly be using it on fresh water at time on the coast.
12th March 2011, 10:54 PM
This topic comes up quite a bit. Not just between Futura & Isonic, but between a slalom or a freeride board. Telling another person what board "they" want never made sense to me so here is a list that might help you.
Why would you choose an Isonic?
1. I’m in a hurry to get from point A to point B. I value VMG over max GPS.
2. I like to use powerful sails and powerful fins.
3. I like to sail overpowered with a big sail on a small board.
4. I can do a very good shortboard tack.
5. I don’t throw any freestyle moves in between point A and B. See #1.
6. I like to be physical and pump onto a plane.
7. I sail for short stretches and take plenty of breaks. Comfort is not important.
8. I want to win races.
Why would you choose a Futura?
1. I’m in no hurry to get from point A to Point B but I want good GPS speed.
2. I like to use fast, swept fins and fast sails with few or no cams.
3. I like to sail efficiently with a small sail on a big board.
4. I may not be able to do a shortboard tack.
5. I like to throw in a few upwind & downwind freestyle tricks in between point A and B.
6. I’m not a big fan of pumping and would rather coast up to a plane.
7. I’m on the water for a very long period of time with few breaks. Comfort is important.
8. I’d like to be competitive in races.
13th March 2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for this,
I have to say that I have already gone for a 2011 122 Futrua, which should be with me this coming week.
I wanted the wood version but the imported has decided not to import the Wood and only have the other 2 constructions, I didn't want to spend as much but I went for a wood carbon. I have to say if it wasn't for the shop doing a good deal it would have been a Fanatic.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.