PDA

View Full Version : steveC vs.

8th February 2007, 07:40 PM
man - o - mon,

I want back!

I can't stand people trying to stick their heads even further up other peoples arses like last months winner does!

crazychemical
8th February 2007, 11:13 PM
Keep it civilised will you!

8th February 2007, 11:49 PM
I 2nd that and nominate the guest poster who sacrasticly brings back the fun to this forum. Its been damn quite the past few months.
Its the internet- if you dont like it, ignore it.
So bring it on, continue to question weather the appolo will actually plane in 2k

-Lampi-
9th February 2007, 01:03 AM
It's true that it's been quite boring on the forum, but everyone has the right to talk about whatever they want to. It doesn't matter if it's about the planing abilities of of the appolo or if there are a million questions about what board to choose. Like you said yourself... If you don't like it, ignore it. If you think this forum isn't fun enough, find another one!! I think Steve_C deserves to be th winner becouse he did contribute the most to the forum in january. And the competition has it's rules---> the judges decision is final.:D

However the original post from Guest would be more suitable in the guest forum, don't you think;)

crazychemical
9th February 2007, 02:37 AM
agreed, and i've been kicked of forums for a lot less then the first message. And if you want to discuss the apollos abileties, just join in the fight on the forum, don't start things like this. And iff, judges rule is final, if we lose faith in their impartialety we might aswell forget about the competition. I was just as eeger as another for the t-shirt, the best man won, so be it.
Gladiators, fight on! :d
but for pete's sake, no need to insult others. It may be fun, but u can be really offencive if you don't wathc out. After all, we're all fellow windsurfers here.
ps: if you want to know if it planes: TEST IT!!!!!! Theory only goes so far...

9th February 2007, 03:15 AM
Can anybody recall steveC ever talking about riding anytime a Starboard? He seems to promote his custom boards even on Ask Team forum. Will we see his picture now he wins?

-Curious George

9th February 2007, 03:59 AM
Would the real steve c please stand up

9th February 2007, 05:31 AM
Poster, or poser, of the month????

Del Carpenter
9th February 2007, 08:52 AM
SteveC's posts are thoughtful. He is a consistent and frequent contributor and what he writes is worth reading. As a reader I would like to find more posters like SteveC.

As an owner of two of Starboard's products I want the resale value to hold up. As mediocre sailor I want these forums to provide information so I can at least dream about learning things that will help me be a better sailor. I think the most any manufacturer is doing for the future of windsurfing is Starboard's support of Roger Jackson's Taste of Windsurfing Tour. Starboard gets my support because I see Starboard supporting windsurfing.

Mistakes are made and when that happens we should tell Starboard. We should also tell them when they get it right, it is to our advantage to encourage Starboard. I think SteveC's support of Starboard is ultimately helpful for the rest of us.

In the late 70's or early 80's there was a book called "The One-Minute Manager." It said positive comments are more powerful motivators (in the desired direction) than negative comments. It said if you want to motivate someone, catch them doing something right and tell them. Our collective comments can influence Starboard and each other positively or negatively.

Ian Fox
9th February 2007, 12:36 PM
in case it's necessary...

The Rules : Simplified

1 > It's about having fun.
2 > If not, please see Rule 1.

Can't see any rule that requires being patronising about Starboard.
Good or bad. Agree or not. The key ingredient is "worthwhile contribution".
(Somewhere The Rules do reference "play fair". For the full rules, see that thread..)

Steve's got that win, realistically difficult to call it any other way.
There's plenty of room for 11 others.
If you thought we were joking about the handouts, we're not...
Come December 25, someone's gonna get a pretty neat Xmas present.
It will go down, fair and square. For all to see.
So, it's all there to play for, if you're up for it.

Game on.

Cheers ~ Ian

Ian Fox
9th February 2007, 12:44 PM
PS : Nope, the Apollo won't plane in 2 knots. ;)

9th February 2007, 03:07 PM
- to the wanna be contributors of the month: the original poster couldn't care less (what do you win again? a virtual pat on your back (wow), what do you lose (your selfrespect, hmm a real hard decision))

- ? is "l e e d" a forbidden word? was supposed to be last word in subject title...

steveC does contribute (never said he didn't) but quite often you just can't tell where his head ends and e.g. a star-board forum member asses starts.

You can be objective, positive or just a local resident in someones arse.

tada

the fun is back in town :)

9th February 2007, 05:44 PM
Is it true that steveC's entire Starboard kit is only consists of one bloody new *board tShirt???? How ironic when he wins the board.
It will be his first Starboard ever? Can't wait to hear the acceptance speech.
Seems appropriate, I reckon. Lead on Miss Amerika.

9th February 2007, 11:45 PM
my toilet door would plane in 2 kts of wind providing the current would push it fast enough against the wind (e.g. 14kts, toilet doors don't plane all too early)

o2bnme
10th February 2007, 03:49 AM
This is an amazing thread. I vaguely remember reading about a contest but never even thought that I was competing for anything every time I posted. I'm just here for rule #1. ;-)

Jean-Marc
10th February 2007, 04:13 AM
Guys,

Do high-quality contributions need to be made by owners of StarBoard products on any of our 8 forums ? Not at all.

That's an openess and fairplay of the game which should be truly recognized for what it is for : quality and respect, regardless of your background, will be celebrated. Discourteous, rude and reckless behavior of all sorts should certainly not be rewarded. End of story.

Cheers !

JM

crazychemical
10th February 2007, 04:09 PM
theoreticlally, if one would be able to make a huge sail, and i'm talking huuuuuuge, and then get a special adapted board for such a sail (like a new disigned formula which would have to be about 200 liters) i do thing one is able to plane in 2k :d but there are technical bounderies to take in acount and furthermore, by increasing the mass of the baord and it's voluwe the sticking abilety of the water increases on the bottom of the board making the efforts futile again unless we find superligt materials to use (and those usually break).
So it wouldn't plane in my opinion :d

10th February 2007, 07:58 PM
I reckon "quality" is in eye of beholder.
Apparently, steveC doesn't believe in the quality of Starboard products enough to own one. It's fair to say that it seems he hasn't spent even one of his hard earned nickels on one. Perhaps, he should enter that caveat on his profile or sig line. In fact, I can't discern from reading his droppings that he's EVER even ridden a Starboard product!
Of course, he's welcome to dispute that.

???Foolish men mistake transitory semblance for eternal fact??
(Thomas Carlyle)

-Lampi-
10th February 2007, 09:06 PM
Hi all..

THERE ARE TWELVE MONTS IN THE YEAR. If you didn't win january, try harder in february:D And so on and so on....

So stop talking about what steve c did and didn't do!! What if someone was saying those things about you? Who cares if he doesn't ride starboards? What if he likes his customs? I'm sure i wouldn't buy production boards from ANY company if i could make my own board that is surely and without a doubt stiffer than the production one.

The guest that started this thread is just jellous because he doesn't take the time to write all those long helpfull replys that hepl people decide what to do.

As for the 2k planing.... Ever heard of light wind freestyle people?

It's about having fun, not planning:p:p

11th February 2007, 12:49 AM
Simple question.
Has steveC EVER ridden a Starboard?
Yes or no, please.

11th February 2007, 05:13 PM
Hey guys I think you're mixing things up:

I don't give a shit who wins whatever little prize (e.g. paper towel to wipe off fecis attained during contest). That was not the point.
Actually I didn't even know steveC had won in the first place.

The point was that and related threads (actually almost all pre "new forum") were interesting, imformative and amusing. Whatevever has been written lately in the name of steveC was just ouzing sweetsour slimey blahblahblah.

The guy doesn't stay loyal to himself (question is, is it the "real" steveC or maybe some *b employee "soft"spaming this site (humping it with his mouse)).

BTW who cares what board(s) you or anyone else owns.

So keep on trying to talk yourself or others into wanting to be best pupil in the class (or just grow up).

Actually I should win the contest this month for saying the truth without licking someones arse (puke).

11th February 2007, 05:15 PM
BTW seems like crazychemical is competing for lamest dick of the month too.

11th February 2007, 09:43 PM
Definitely a bit of a brown noser, that one.
Propensity for a fair bit of pompousness, and arrogance to boot.
To top it off, the anal old booger apparently has no personal experience with the Starboard brand. I'm sure he'll look quite dapper and spiffy in his new t-shirt threads. Heaven knows what the Tiki god thinks. Probably finds it rather amusing.

Julian
14th February 2007, 06:57 AM
Yoda says:

I sense a certain jealousy in the force:D

Come on guys, take it easy and go for that t-shirt yourself. Some of the things Steve_C says interested me a lot, and some other times he just preaches on what most of us already know: good for the ones that don't I'd say!

As long as it's true, you won't hear ME complain ;)

15th February 2007, 12:46 AM
MY arse says,

I feel a certain force (no wonder, steveC is sticking his head up it right now).

I want me tshirt so i can show off at the kindergarden.

Please suckers, just get back to surfing and leave all crap aside

stay cool and surf, improve and don't go for a swim just to cleans yourself.

16th February 2007, 02:18 AM
Talking about boring forum, what happened to , he used to add a lot of fun to this forum :)

16th February 2007, 02:19 AM
Talking about boring forum, what happened to LeeeD, he used to add a lot of fun to this forum :)

16th February 2007, 04:48 AM
I think got a life and went back to windsurfing.

mark h
17th February 2007, 08:04 AM
Probably sticking my neck out here (but after half a bottle of red, not to bothered), but this is how I see things. Fast approaching mid-40's, and having tried numerous sports over the last 30 years from from boxing to bungie jumping (and not got addicted to any, but had fun) windsurfing is the one for me. The main reason being that (through my eyes) windsurfing does not have the same acid rivallery that other sports have (maybe with the exception of the PWA tour), people are happy to share all of there windsurf knowledge with total strangers from all-walks of life and they dont expect any return favours. You meet all sorts of people that you would not get to meet normally. A toilet cleaner could be taking to a doctor about fin size or the merits of extra downhaul, they dont care other than the fact that they have common ground and what they do to turn a coin just doesn't matter, its a level playing field in our chosen sport. Its a serious break from our normal mundain monday to friday lives. Some of the comments on this thread are clearly from intellegent and funny people, but a "few" others are from people that I always liked to think where not into our sport/way of life. I just dont get it, my stance is to encourage people to share knowledge, not scare them away. Loads of kids, including my 12 year old lad are starting out in this sport, it would be a real shame after all the support and words of encouragment they have had from the masses to be put off by the minority.

Cheers