PDA

View Full Version : Starboard Ultrasonic review?

JK
20th May 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi

Has anyone sailed the starboard Ultrasonic yet, if so how do you rate it.

Has anyone read a review on it yet.?

Thanks

espen
20th May 2011, 11:04 PM
I’ve sailed the Ultrasonic a couple of days now, and I use it mainly in <10 m/s winds with 9 sqm sail.

Three good things about the board:
• Lightning fast early planning – it just pops on to a plan
• Very nice balance and a smooth ride – you can push it hard or ride comfortable long distances
• Go for it – It eats chop - you just glide over!

For me this is an ultimate setup for winds around 7 m/s, it easily beats my old 155 Futura and 175 Formula. BTW the 175 was a killer board!

The supplied fin spins out when pushed, but with my Select S11 it’s no problem. I will try to sand the fin next time and see if it’s better, has worked before with Drakes.

It has a huge wind range and there is no problem with a 7,5 and winds < 13 m/s with a smaller fin, the width is no problem.

Very little volume in the front took some getting used to for a board this size. I’m over 100 kg and it sinks 10 - 20 centimeters if I have the foot in front of the mastfoot. But, it’s good training for a fat and slow 44 year old; soon I can dance around my better half with my quicksteps :-)

MOP
21st May 2011, 02:53 AM
Hi
I will probably try my ultrasonic next week.
What kind of 9 sqm sail do you use? race sail with 3-4 cambers or more freeride oriented..?

Here is the only review I have seen so far:

http://windsurfingmag.com/gear/2011/04/04/2011-starboard-supersonic-147/

JK
21st May 2011, 09:02 AM
Sounds good espen, how did you find its gybing performance compared with the 155 Futura.

espen
21st May 2011, 01:23 PM
I would say there is a lot of difference between the two boards. The Futura is fast and forgiving, while the Ultrasonic is fast and wild. Where the Futura glides smoothly, the Ultrasonic just reacts.

The tail helps a lot when it comes to gybing, it’s wide so you have to commit, but for me as newbie to gybing it holds higher speed in the turn, and have a quick exit. I was taken by surprise by the speed the first time I gybed it. For me turning used to be a breather but not anymore, now it’s just all in – all the time.

On the reach I feel the Ultrasonic is easier to control and I use less power on my back leg than on the Futura. Where I used to stand with a straight leg and push on the Futura, I now hang nicely in the harness with bent legs absorbing the chop on the Ultrasonic. Just shift a little weight and it points in a new direction.

I’ve used NCX 9 and 7,5 Mojo sails on the board. I feel the NCX worked fine, but I can’t wait for my 9.2 Turbo. I haven’t found the sweet spot for the Mojo, it felt a little too small for me on this board. The board needs some grunt to get going and to lock it in. If I had the money I would have bought an 8.8 and a 9.6, for me that would have been the ultimate quiver.

JK
21st May 2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info, I have 8.5 ezzy infinity and 9.5 which should suit the board fine
I am also around 105 KG so the extra with should help with early planing..
Where did you buy your board, there is a 2 month waiting list in UK.

espen
22nd May 2011, 12:54 AM
I ordered the board last autumn, so there were some waiting ;-)

mcross19
4th June 2011, 02:01 PM
My Ultrasonic finally turned up last weekend, went down to the shop to pick it up and it had a hole in it! Must have been done at the factory as the packaging was undamaged. Not happy at all as I have waited nearly 5 months for the board. They want to repair it and sell it to me at full RRP still, so what do I do? Buy a second hand board for 1549 or wait another 4 months?

Martin

mark h
4th June 2011, 06:26 PM
I think I'd only take it if thet gave a good discount on it. No way pay full RRP for a repaired board.

Ken
4th June 2011, 09:34 PM
Did you buy it through a shop or dealer? If so, they should fight on your behalf.

mcross19
4th June 2011, 11:20 PM
It was through my local board shop. They said they would do me a bit of a discount on the bag! No really, that is what they said. Their initial response was to apply some Dr Ding, yeh right I told them where to poke that.

They took a couple of pics of the damage and said they were going to send them to Starboard so as to claim the money back on the repair.

Having owned lots of Starboards this is the first time their quality control has been poor. It is obvious that the production worker smashed it against the corner of a table or something.

Ken
5th June 2011, 02:46 AM
I am not a dealer, but your's should be able to get reimbursed for the repairs as well as receiving a discount on his dealer cost for the board. Starboard should take the hit on this deal and you should be able to get the board at a fair discount. You should be pushing to make this happen.

If the dealers don't fight for their customers, then the customers stop coming and the dealers fade away, as so many have in the last 20 years.

mcross19
5th June 2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks Ken for your replies, I will chase this matter up on Monday.

mcross19
5th June 2011, 06:58 AM
Obviosly I haven't used the board yet but can some one tell me if the supplied 58cm fin will be ok for my 11m Overdrive for an 85kg sailor. Going by the info on the side of the board it says that a 62cm is ideal for this size of sail.

Also I am considering a drop down sail from the 11m has anyone any recomendations, I am currently looking at a 8.7m H2 and a Severne 8.6m Turbo, has anybody tried both? and what size fin for either of these sails? I have a 52cm R13 NR race but I bet this will be too small.

Martin

Ken
6th June 2011, 03:58 AM
Martin,

I have no experience with the board, but the 58cm fin should be fine. To maximize early planing and upwind capability with the 11.0, the 62cm fin is a good call, but the 58 will give you a much better overall range and you won't sacrifice much with the early planing. Upwind is likely a non issue unless you are racing on upwind/downwind courses.

I have a formula 160 and have raced with sails from 11.0 down to 6.6. (not the norm by any means with the smaller sails, but I am an old guy, weigh 78kg and have raced a few times in 30 knots on the formula board. I was only interested in survival and finishing.

With that said, I drop from my 11.0 to a 9.2, then 8.4, then 7.6. My favorite sail is the 9.2 and is a reasonable jump down from the 11.0. 11.0 to 8.6 as you suggest is OK, but it's a big gap.

I don't have a fin recommendation for the smaller 8 meter sails, but I wouldn't go shopping until you get some water time on the 58cm first to see how it does with the smaller sails.

If you don't have adjustable outhauls on your sails for this board, it would be a wise investment. Fewer trips to the beach for adjustments, less re-rigging, fewer fins, less stress in the gusts and more fun.

I am anxious to here more about this board. I may go that way when I wear out my formula 160.

mcross19
6th June 2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks again Ken for your response. I just sold my 9.2m and my next sail down is a 7.2 so I just thought the 8.7 a good middle ground, am just trying to reduce my sail collection down a bit. There maybe a lightly damaged second hand US available soon at my local shop if they don't do me a bit of a discount!

Ken
6th June 2011, 11:03 PM
Martin,

I understand the desire to reduce your quiver size and an 8.7 will fit fine between the 11 and 7.2. The down side is that the range of the 11.0 (at least for me) is about 8-13 knots. Other younger, stronger guys can carry an 11.0 to near 20 knots (up wind/down wind - not reaching). At your weight with the 8.7, you will likely plane in 10 knots (a few white caps) with some pumping. At 12 knots, you will not have a problem, so it looks like you may have everything covered if you have steady winds.

Where I live, we have gusty variable winds where I have to choose between being overpowered occasionally or slogging occasionally, but usually its both no matter what I rig.

mcross19
7th June 2011, 04:25 PM
It can be a bit gusty and variable here too but generally not to bad. I have now ordered the Pryde 8.7, I really did want to get one of those Turbo's but the dealer network here in the UK is very poor with no official importer so I could be waiting a long time whereas the Pryde will be here tomorrow. I already owned an 490 X9 so I suppose it made sense. The other downside to the Severnes is the fact that the built in pulley is the other way around to most other makes and doesn't work with my North shox extension so you have to buy the dedicated Severne extension and thread it through four pulleys which is time consuming (if anyone from Severne is reading this take note!).

My Enigma 210-260 boom has just turned up and what a piece or kit. So light yet so strong, can't wait to try it.

MOP
8th June 2011, 04:30 AM
North shox can easily be adjusted to fit the severne pulley angle. cost: about 20 dollars

mcross19
8th June 2011, 12:10 PM
What do they do to it for $20?

afblaster
9th June 2011, 02:15 PM
mcross 19
I have sent you a visitor message
Afblaster

MOP
10th June 2011, 04:55 AM
What do they do to it for $20?

They change a part and thereby changle the angle. It works perfectly. My local shop did it

mcross19
11th June 2011, 12:14 AM
MOP, can you please post a link to a photo of what was done to the foot of your sail, thanks.

nakaniko
13th June 2011, 07:29 PM
BTW buying a new board and finding it broken would be a horrible experience for me.
Serenity had a very little scratch of the sharp stern edge, but this was for sure caused by the red flag I've attached to the tail of the long pack for carrying it from Munich (Munchen-DE) to Venice.
I think in similar situation I would wait for a new board, asking an used old one for the months I'me waiting (f.e. from rental), and obviously for free; with cars I've heard they do this way.

mcross19
14th June 2011, 12:53 PM
Well nakaniko that was my initial though but as I had just sold both my Starboard Formula and 133 isonic I really needed a bigger board to relieve the boredom of those lighter wind days. I really wasn't prepared to wait another 3 months for one so I pushed hard for a better deal through various sources and finally they have let me have this board (now repaired) until a new one arrives in the country. I pick it up tonight so am hoping for some lightish winds for this weekend to try the thing out. I will write a report on here as soon as I have tested it.

MOP
19th June 2011, 02:27 PM
The link to the mast foot job; the picture at the end/bottom:

http://www.srfsnosk8.no/2011/03/31/varservicevedlikehold-power-xt/

MOP
19th June 2011, 02:35 PM
I sailed the ultrasonic and turbo 9.2 yesterday in 7-9 m/s wind.
The board planes really easy, has a very low planing thresfold and it is really a fast board in light winds and points very high. The gusts were up to 11 m/s and that caused me no problem(88 kg). The place I sailed has a lot of big chop and it just flies over. That impressed me a lot.
I did feel the size of the board though, so I am looking forward to try my friends isonic 117 to compare the fun factor.

mark h
19th June 2011, 11:57 PM
Have you tried it in light winds as yet? Will be interesting to see how the US147 is in real light winds, 7ms to 11ms is about 13k to 22k, a fair bit of wind me thinks:)

BelSkorpio
20th June 2011, 03:04 AM
Yes, me too.
I would like to hear more reactions with e.g. 10-11m2 gear (or bigger) in very light winds, i.e. 8 - 12 knots.
If I would buy the US147, it would be primarily for these conditions.

MOP
20th June 2011, 03:26 AM
My point was the very good comfort and control I felt when the wind picked up.
At the end of the session it was abaout 11-15 knots and I was able to have a good time in these conditions, but with my 9.2 turbo and 90 kg I am not sure that I would be able to plane in less wind.
My pumping is very bad, so I guess with better pumping it would be another story.
I will try to get out this week as the forecast says light winds.
My friend is 74 kg and sailed futura 122 and overdrive 7.5 and was not able to plane when I was having a ball planing on my gear.

mcross19
23rd June 2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks MOP for sending me the link, my dealer needs to know the North part numbers so he can make an order, can you find these out for me? Alternatively does the shop owners speak english?

MOP
23rd June 2011, 01:07 AM
This is the shop

http://www.srfsnosk8.no/

mcross19
30th June 2011, 01:54 AM
Here is my first review of the Ultrasonic. Finally got out on it this morning, it started off as a force 3 but rose to a 4 by high tide and I only had my 11m Overdrive with me so that is what was used on it. I weigh 88kg's at present and I fitted the max size fin a 62cm NR13 Drake. I would say that it planes nearly as early as a formula board but not quite but once up on the plane it no only feels very quick it actually feels alive. The water state was pretty flat so no problem there but what chop was thrown up by passing speed boats it handled quite well although due to the width the wind did get under it which unsettled it for a second before powering back along. Personally I wouldn't use anything bigger than an 11m although I would say that if you weigh around the same and have one of these boards and are going to use it with an 11m then get yourself maybe a 60cm fin as the 62 was a smidge too big as I had trouble holding down the rail when the wind gusted.

The nose does sink a bit if tacking but much less than on my isonic 133 which I used to own. All in all a cracking board and well worth the 4 month wait for it. I will write another review when I have tested it with my 8.6m Turbo.

Martin

mark h
30th June 2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks Martin, its good to know the US147/11m is working in 7k to 10k.

BelSkorpio
30th June 2011, 04:00 AM
Hi Martin,

Finally a review of someone as heavy as me and also with the sail size 11m2 in which I am particularly interested. It's nice that you can compare it with a Formula board. With what formula board do you have experience ? According to you, can the US147 replace a Formula board if one is not interested in racing, but just early planing ?
Concerning the low end, if I'm planing on my F161 with my 11m sail, only ugly lulls ( < 5 knots) get me off the planing. Is the US147 as good as a formula in these kind of lulls ?
Concerning the high end, how much faster on a reach do you think the US147 is compared to a Formula ? When I encounter gusts to 15 knots, my F161 gets very difficult on a reach. How about the US147 ?

Unregistered
30th June 2011, 05:28 AM
I sailed the ultrasonic and turbo 9.2 yesterday in 7-9 m/s wind.
The board planes really easy, has a very low planing thresfold and it is really a fast board in light winds and points very high. The gusts were up to 11 m/s and that caused me no problem(88 kg). The place I sailed has a lot of big chop and it just flies over. That impressed me a lot.
I did feel the size of the board though, so I am looking forward to try my friends isonic 117 to compare the fun factor.

MOP,

With 7-9m/s (13-17 knots) wind, do you need a 140ish board and a 9.2 m sail to plane? Wouldn't the real test for the Ultrasonic be in conditions like 7-10 knots?

mark h
30th June 2011, 07:04 AM
MOP,

With 7-9m/s (13-17 knots) wind, do you need a 140ish board and a 9.2 m sail to plane? Wouldn't the real test for the Ultrasonic be in conditions like 7-10 knots?

????That's what Martin said. He started the session in force 3 (7-10k), and was planing nearly as early as a formula. Martin was not using a 9.2m either. He only had his 11m with him, wind picked up to a force 4 and this combo still worked fine.

MOP
30th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered; yes a 140 board would be fine in those conditions. As I posted earlier; that day I had the chance to sail it in more wind and I was surprised by the control in more windy conditions.
No problems on a reach in 15 knots Belscorpio. I used the R13 drake 58 standard fin.
I have never tried a formula board so cant compare.
Weight 88 kg.
I think the board is very easy to sail and very fast.

BelSkorpio
30th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Hi MOP,

Also no problems with a 11m2 sail on a reach in 15 knots ?

I know from another guy that the US147 is very comfortable with smaller sails, all the way down to 6.5 m2 sails and in rather high winds over 20 knots. Not really the conditions I would use it for, but OK it's nice to know.

Again, I'm really interested in the combo US147 + 11m sail in winds 8-12 knots with gusts up to 15 knots.
Often it happens that when you start to rig up you only measure an average of 10 knots, which I find is very good for formula, but then when you're sailing for an hour or so it picks up to max 15knots

Ken
30th June 2011, 09:22 PM
The real test will be the full range of the 147. What will it be like in stronger winds compared to a formula board. Upwind and downwind with big sails, reaching over powered, etc.

The board will appeal to many that only want a couple of boards in their quiver, so its full range (in control) will be good to know.

Could one be out in 20 knots with a 9 meter and stay in control (at least upwind and downwind)? I am guessing that it will do as well as a formula board in these conditions, but confirmation would be nice.

My hope is that it will be more stable and faster than a formula board fully powered on reaches. Upwind and downwind is less important, but will be good to know.

mcross19
1st July 2011, 01:55 AM
I have owned both 159 and 162 (personnaly I prefered the 159). As for replacing a Formula board for recreational use only I think it is definitely the way to go, little things like the reduced tail width compared to a Formula make the board so much more responsive to foot/rail pressure, also the rounded rails make sailing it much more comfortable. I had the footstraps set on the inside setting due to having uk size 10 feet but I may get away with the outside ones withouth my heels dragging, that is something I will definitely try at a later date. I had the footstraps set to the mid position of the 3 also.

It planned through most lulls without coming off the plane the ones that I did come off the plane on, a formula board may have got through them but there isn't much in it.

The board is definitely quicker, a lot quicker on a reach than say a formula board, obviously not quite as good up wind but very capable of pointing quite high. Did not try a dead downwind blast but did get onto a broad reach a couple of times and then it gets supremely fast.

I probably had the odd gust of 15 knots and the worst that happened was that the windward rail lifted a bit due to me not being able to keep mast foot pressure, the board remained very flat and did not tail walk or get out of control at all.

As I said before I will try with my 8.6m Turbo and write another report then but I can't see it being anything other than brilliant as it just skims over the little bit of chop that I had. Just get the right fin for your weight/sail size and the board should be able to deal with what you throw at it.

Personnally I wouldn't use a 6.5 with this board as there is loads better boards to be having fun on when the wind blows to that strength.

BelSkorpio
1st July 2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks Martin,

You confirm that what I've thought so far.

twharton
4th July 2011, 07:37 PM
Can anyone recommend on online retailer for the Ultrasonic. Bought a Futura 141 3 yrs ago from Isthmus and love it (after I replaced to POS Drake fin) but need an even earlier planer for light summer winds here in the Florida panhandle. I know you would think in FL lots of windsurf shops but I live in Gulf Breeze (Pensacola) so Tampa is 7.5 hours, Jacksonville 6 hours, Miami 12 hours plus. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

mcross19
7th July 2011, 05:19 PM
I don't know if the situation is any different there in Florida but if you read my earlier posts I had to wait four months for this board therefore you will miss those light summer winds that you so want the board for. Surely any retailor that stocks some starboard boards can order you in one of these? In the meantime you could pick yourself up a cheap formula board?

hansspeed
9th July 2011, 01:48 AM
I have sailed the Ultrasonic now for 2 months with sails from 7.8 Blade Loftsails to SwitchBlade 10.0 with Fins from 52 for 7.8 and 58 for the 10.0 Freerace .
I had 10 years ago a falcon 90 witdh and have same good feeling with the ultra ist a fantastic board who fits me better then the 127 Isonic i tested also .
My weight is 88 kg and sailed it in 9 to 22 knots no problem with the control and very very fast also with the 7.8 on it I can compete with the Isonic 127 .
Thanks Starboard for this fantastic easy and fast board I waited a long time for this miracle that give my the good feeling of windsurfing again

Perry
9th July 2011, 03:14 AM
I have sailed the Ultrasonic now for 2 months with sails from 7.8 Blade Loftsails to SwitchBlade 10.0 with Fins from 52 for 7.8 and 58 for the 10.0 Freerace .
I had 10 years ago a falcon 90 witdh and have same good feeling with the ultra ist a fantastic board who fits me better then the 127 Isonic i tested also .
My weight is 88 kg and sailed it in 9 to 22 knots no problem with the control and very very fast also with the 7.8 on it I can compete with the Isonic 127 .
Thanks Starboard for this fantastic easy and fast board I waited a long time for this miracle that give my the good feeling of windsurfing again

Hans,

Could you tell us more about the conditions? Did you get the board planning all the time even in the 9k conditions, does the board plan through wind holes? I am interested in this board have two Simmer SCS freerace sails and looking for a formula type board.

Thanks for reply.

Perry

hansspeed
9th July 2011, 03:45 AM
The boards keep on gliding also in 8 a 9 knots in Lulls it keeps going I dont like a formula because I have a Bad back, but on the Ultra its so easy its a combie off race formula and slalom.
It s a real winner I sailed it in heavy chop and flat water the control stays alright its feels very alive and loose on the water also with a 7.8 and when you put a 10.0 or bigger its a racingmachine a miniformula slalom cruising machine. all in one .
The best you can get .
I bought a 11mtr formulasail but never used it , I hope in the coming months to tested it with the 11 mtr.

Have good winds

mcross19
9th July 2011, 02:47 PM
Can anyone tell me if they got a Starboard screwdriver included with this board, cos I didn't. Surely if you spend 1549 on a board you would think a screwdriver would be included?

Sailboarder
9th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Well, I bought a moutain bike for a bit more and it didn't come with Allen keys... :)

Crazyed
10th July 2011, 01:18 PM
I have the ultra sonic for 6 weeks now and surfed on it about 7 times. Till now I have surfed on it with winds from 12 till 24 knots with a 10 mtr Gaastra Vapor (2011) and surprised many people that with this large set (board/Sail) I reached very high speeds. Till know the highest speed is about 64.03 km/h for 2 seconds.
I think it's possible to reach higher speeds with this board because it's very stable and easy to surf with higher speeds. with a little bit more wind and a smaller sail (Vapor 8.6 2011) I think it must be possible to reach the 70 km/h limit.
One thing: my weight is 125 kg and though I surf this board with a Select S11 41 cm, I don't know if this board is also stable with less weight and/or larger fin

BelSkorpio
10th July 2011, 05:35 PM
That's extremely fast, Crazyed.

I didn't know it was possibe to do 64 km/h (35 knots) with a 10m2 sail.

A lot of surfers don't even get to 35 knots on smaller sails & boards.

It must have been really flat water.

Ken
10th July 2011, 11:34 PM
BelSkorpio,

When speedsurfing.com had a formula ranking (no more), there were a couple of guys that broke 30 knots with 10 or 11 meter sails. I seem to recall the top speed was around 32 knots.

35 knots is believable with an US147, but few of us could pull it off. Crazyed is big enough to do it. I only weigh 77kg and in my earlier formula sailing days, I set a goal of breaking 30 knots (started carrying a GPS on all my outings beginning in 2005). My best was in 2007 and was 28.3 knots on a 7.6 sail on a F147. I am just not heavy enough to go super fast on any board. The big guys have an advantage here.

MOP
11th July 2011, 04:02 AM
Will a smaller fin (in addition to the Drake R 13 58 coming with the board) extend the wind range (more control in more wind)using the same sail(9.2 turbo)?

A big fin for light wind and a small fin for higher wind-using the same sail?

Perry
11th July 2011, 02:52 PM
The boards keep on gliding also in 8 a 9 knots in Lulls it keeps going I dont like a formula because I have a Bad back, but on the Ultra its so easy its a combie off race formula and slalom.
It s a real winner I sailed it in heavy chop and flat water the control stays alright its feels very alive and loose on the water also with a 7.8 and when you put a 10.0 or bigger its a racingmachine a miniformula slalom cruising machine. all in one .
The best you can get .
I bought a 11mtr formulasail but never used it , I hope in the coming months to tested it with the 11 mtr.

Have good winds

Hans,

Are you from the Netherlands I quit interested to see the board live, if so could you indicate were you surf? As there are only 10 boards sold in 2011 in the Netherlands it is quit difficult to see it in real and in action.

Regards,

Perry

hansspeed
12th July 2011, 04:10 AM
No screwdriver :( but with a 58 drake fin :)

hansspeed
12th July 2011, 04:13 AM
Yes I am from Holland mostly I am windsurfing on the grevelingendam in the southwest from Holland

mcross19
12th July 2011, 04:40 AM
Thank you Hans. Sailboarder firstly 1600 buys you a mid of the road mountain bike whereas 1550 is the top end of our sport and as we used to get a nice screwdriver with every Starboard I was wondering why I didn't get one. Did you get a set of allen keys the last time you bought that brand of bike?????

Crazyed
12th July 2011, 11:28 AM
heren,
ik heb ook een ultrasonic en vaar regelmatig op strand horst, met een vapor 2011 in de maten 10.0 en 8.6.

gr Edwin

Perry
12th July 2011, 10:35 PM
Hans/Crazed,

Houden jullie de snelheid bij op de GPS?

Hans, ben ook regelmatig te vinden bij de Kabbelaarsbank op het Grevelingenmeer, is het mogelijk een keer bij jouw te komen kijken? heb je trouwens de carbon of de wood versie?

Groet,

Perry

MOP
13th July 2011, 01:38 AM
In english please?

Crazyed
13th July 2011, 12:03 PM
hi Perry,
I surf with gps and upload the sessions to gps-speedsurfing.com, under the name crazyed.
I have bought the wood version for the strengh; carbon is stiffer and I have experienced that after a fall/catapult I have a hole in the deck.

regards, edwin

mcross19
14th July 2011, 04:57 AM
Hi Edwin, whereabouts do you live? The reason I ask is that the wood versions were not available to us here in the UK.

Crazyed
15th July 2011, 03:28 AM
the Netherlands

hansspeed
19th July 2011, 12:49 AM
I have the Carbon version ,and no gps, but it is very fast,, most off the time I am surfing on Grevelingendam at the boothelling. let my know when your in the nabourhood.

Best regards Hans

MOP
19th July 2011, 04:09 AM
Ultrasonic carbon and turbo 9,2, weight 90 kg; wind: 13-16 knots: seastate: quite choppy. fin: drake R 13 58. max speed : about 25 knots.
Almost same speed as my friend(73 kg) with isonic 117 wide and overdrive 8.5
The gybing performance of this board is amazing. Also how it rides over chop; amazing.