PDA

View Full Version : fin and sail size

nickgre
3rd June 2011, 04:56 PM
Hi, my name is Nick and i have a question about formulas fin and sail . My previus board was rsx but i was too heavy 84 kg, and im a new one to the formula windsurfing. I just want to race and i want your advice. I already bought starboard HWR 162. The wind in my region Greece (thessaloniki) is always about 2-3.5 bf with a peak maximum 4bf in summer. What size sail do you reccomed to start and what fin? I like to sail confortable powered (a clik less than overpowered) with maximum angle at upwind directions and speed in downwind. Also i hate to be underpowered. I was thinking to start with a 11 sail (is it small ?) and a power fin? right? I would like to hear your opinion about sail and fin size ? 78 cutdown to 70 or xs or xxs????? i m really comfused ? there are so many opions? I just want the best size for my sailing conditions.

Thanks a lot.

Remi
3rd June 2011, 05:09 PM
Hi Nick,

A 11 m is the good average size that you will use most of the time. For the fin I recommend you to contact Virus who are very good and inexpensive and very high quality and high performances.
Michał Aftowicz <virusfins@gmail.com>
You have also Z Fins who are excellent just a bit more €
www.zfins.eu

All the best