PDA

View Full Version : Weight Futura 2012

dennisg
1st September 2011, 03:18 PM
In the free section of this forum a topic is strarted about the weight of the 2012 Futura. I have ordered a 2012 Futura 131 wood, so I am very interested in the story behind this big increase in weight of the wood version of the Futura.

Compared to 2011 the Futura has a weight gain of more than 10% heavier. The 2012 wood versions are according the information on the futura webpage heavier than the Technoria versions in 2011. That seems a bit strange. Most logical explanation is that the information on the webpage isn't correct, but maybe there is another explanation?

I have ordered a wood version because of the very good weight/strength/comfort ratio. If the information about the weight is correct I will change my order to the carbon version I think. Is it correct that the 2012 Futura is build in the very stiff pure Carbon technology now and not in the wood/carbon version like 2011?

Ulf
1st September 2011, 08:06 PM
Dear DennisG, As you can see from the pic above no-one at Starboard is in the right condition to answer your question. May be when the hangovers subside or they come out of rehab you'll get lucky.:D

dennisg
2nd September 2011, 01:23 AM
Dear DennisG, As you can see from the pic above no-one at Starboard is in the right condition to answer your question. May be when the hangovers subside or they come out of rehab you'll get lucky.:D

:):)

I really hope someone from the team could find the time the reply to my questions. I found the follwing information on the Futura webpage:

Special note on construction: Starboard's Carbon, Wood and Technora technologies have been merged into two technology options for 2012: Carbon and Wood. The Carbon is the lightest and stiffest option. The Wood is a hybrid between last year's Wood and Technora, to offer a blend of high rigidity, high comfort and more value.

What does this mean? Is this the explanation of the weight gain? Why do such a thing, the 'old' wood contruction already was a pefect blend. Now it seems to be a Technoria version with the looks of a wood version at the price of an very big weight gain.

Starboard, please give me an explanation for this? I am not so happy with my order at this moment....