PDA

View Full Version : Severne Reflex II 6.2 with Unifiber

Nathan iSonic
9th March 2012, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have experience with Unifiber 100% carbon mast (hard top) in a 6.2 Severne Reflex II?

I have searched the internet but could find anywhere an answer, I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Gyurmo
2nd April 2012, 04:50 PM
hi nathan,

i dont have experience with unifiber masts. but i think its useful to valuate, ALL the sail makers' top racing sails are very mast sensitive. not just because a different characteristic mast kill the performance and the fun feeling of the sail. but you can have camber rotation or camber jump off problems with a different diameter mast too.

if you want to take the 100% speed and performance from the sails always worth to take the recommended mast - in this case the severne enigma.

if you dont want to compete with it just have fun and you want to save money i would prefer the severne blue line (75% carbon) for you. the characteristic perfect for the sail, about 10% heavier and little bit slower than the enigma, but im sure you wont feel that different when you want to have fun.

with the blue line you make much smaller performance and fun compromise than with a probably wrong characteristic 100% carbon mast for sure. on top of that i think the 75% carbon mast will have better price than the 100%.

i hope its help a little bit,
gyurmo

Nathan iSonic
17th May 2012, 12:22 PM
Best Gyurmo,

Thank you for your very clear explanation.
I want to get maximum out of the Reflex so i chose to buy the Enigma mast.

mcross19
17th May 2012, 03:34 PM
Good luck in getting hold of one, I've waited six months for a 490 and am still waiting........

BelSkorpio
17th May 2012, 04:28 PM
Where I surf, I know a few guys who use the Unifiber masts in the Severne Reflex sails.
They seem to be happy with it.
One of them used to sail slalom competitions.

Of course, if you have the budget and don't want to take any risk, you should go for the recommended Enigma mast. But if you're going for perfection, then I say you should also go for the enigma mast of the same year as the Reflex sail, because masts tend to differ slightly over years ...