PDA

View Full Version : Manual/registration papers for F-Type 158?

kimax
10th April 2007, 08:34 PM
Aloha! :)

I've just got a new F-Type 158 2006 and I'm happy. But I didn't get any papers with it, no manual, registration form, etc. Shoud there be?

Should there be board serial number somewhere? (I had before only Mistral&Fanatic, they have serial numbers near mast track)

Together with fin screws there are two small rubber washers, are those spares for airvalve?

Desperately waiting for warm days in Finland to test the board!!! :)

kimax
11th April 2007, 01:49 AM
Ouch, sorry, I was just blind. Serial number is there!!! I don't understand how I could miss it. :D

But other questions are still relevant.

o2bnme
11th April 2007, 02:35 AM
The rubber washers are for the fin screws. They go on top of the board, the bolts go through them. They help protect your feet from the bolts.

mmoritz
11th April 2007, 04:43 AM
Kimax, here on *board site use the menu, go to Products/Assistance/Installation Guide. All you need is there.;)

kimax
11th April 2007, 07:54 PM
Thanx for a tip, mmoritz! I haven't noticed it. But I still have questions:
1)Small black washers are o-rings for airvalve?
2) Why do I have two big metal washers? They are not mentioned on Assistance/Installation page. Personally I don't like idea if metal washer has be in contact with the board...
http://www.photoshare.ru/data/7/7342/3/2wyk02-vng.jpg

mmoritz
11th April 2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry, Kimax but it is hard to figure out without actually seeing. Maybe you got some extras. And no don't put metal directly in contact with your board skin. For your F-Type fin just put screw through metal washer and them through/inside rubber safety washer (this is to protect your toes). Check the air-valve the o-ring should be already there.

kimax
11th April 2007, 08:55 PM
OK, thank you! Here is picture in bigger rezolution. Yes, airvalve already has o-ring. May be those are some extras.
http://www.photoshare.ru/do/original_photo.php?id=292896

Roger
11th April 2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Kimax,
Yes, the 2 extra "O" rings in the little plastic bag are spares to use on/under the vent plug.
Looks like you have the fin screws set up correctly, but if there are no large diameter white rubber washers stuck to your board, then I would look for some rubber fender washers to go under the 2 larger diameter SS fender washers (the last washer you have put on your fin screws) to ensure a good seal with the deck.
Hope this helps,

kimax
12th April 2007, 01:57 AM
Hi Roger. The thing is - should there be those "large diameter white rubber" supplied with the board. If yes, then I will ask about it from my supplier. Thanx!

mmoritz
12th April 2007, 07:49 AM
Or just don't use the larger washers (the last one you put on the screw). I don't use any and don't even recall having them. Let us know when you sail your F-Type, very nice board.

Roger
12th April 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi KiMax,
I'm not sure where the large white washers came from.
A few of my '07 boards came with them glued on to the board.
I've asked for some spares, but not sure if I'll actually get them.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you use the large dia. SS fender washers, you need some sort of sealing washer under them to get a good seal.
As mmoritz suggests, it's absolutely OK to just use the smaller 6 mm washers and smaller clear rubber seals.
I'm going to suggest to Starboard that they consider gluing the sealing washer to all their boards, and perhaps change to a higher durometer hybrid composition fiber/rubber washer so the washer stays on the board and you just use the fin screw and a SS flat washer.
I really think that this may have been the idea behind the large dia. white rubber washer.
Hope this helps,

kimax
12th April 2007, 10:56 PM
Thanx, mates! Buy the way, this is what I have found from Starboard Catalogue 2006
http://www.photoshare.ru/original/photoshare.ru-293757.jpg

kimax
3rd June 2007, 05:23 AM
OK, I had two session on F-Type now. IT IS JUST GREAT BOARD!!! I used it with 7.5 and 10.5 sails. I like it very very much meaning that I have made a good move when I decided to buy it. :)

Just one detail, seems like longest fin screw is 1-3mm longer than it should be, because I was not able to put it tight... or fin hole is too short... or ther must be those big white washers... I'll investigate more, may be just cut 2mm off the screw...