PDA

View Full Version : Delivery times of US147?

mcross19
31st May 2013, 01:03 AM
Have been waiting for 3 1/2 months for the delivery of a new 2013 Ultrasonic and there are still no signs of it even being close, has there been a problem at the factory does anyone know?

Remi
31st May 2013, 11:24 PM
Hi Mcross

theirs is no problem at all at the factory, from which country you are?

all the best

mcross19
1st June 2013, 04:12 AM
England, the board was ordered mid-February

Farlo
3rd June 2013, 11:54 AM
By the time you get it the 2014 model will be out. You may ask for a nice discount.

mcross19
5th June 2013, 09:47 AM
Just heard that it is arriving later this week which means it will be 1 week short of four months wait which is outrageous!

Was thinking about ordering a 121 Futura but couldn't stand the thought of waiting again so I have just enquired about a JP Supersport and guess what? It is coming tomorrow, now that is service Mr Starboard!

COACHG
8th June 2013, 05:30 AM
Don't feel bad. I've been waiting 6 months in the U.S. for a set of 4 Armour Tech Rios for my school. I was recently told they wouldn't be in until the end of July which is one month past our fiscal year! Had to switch to the Kailua SE which I can get in a week.

Coachg

BelSkorpio
8th June 2013, 06:25 AM
On the forum of MauiSails you can read about some French guys who were waiting 6 months for their newly ordered TR-9's. Sad. :(
I think that there were some payment issues between the surfshop and the distributor or between distributor and MS. It's in most cases a similar problem and it can happen with any brand. Nobody delivers if they are not payed. As simple as that.

Unregistered
8th June 2013, 09:28 AM
issues of distributorship
look up the distributors of SB and then go to their websites
half of them NO longer distribute SB
as consumers in this day and age - we are ready to order from the company itself
we know what we want and are ready to pay shipping and duty
the companies like SB and MS might consider such an option
in a case like SB , they are large enough to handle the extra load !!!!

mcross19
8th June 2013, 10:19 PM
Well the board came in (only one week short of 4 months!) only to have been damged by the courier, UNBELEIVABLE!

Unregistered
9th June 2013, 02:06 AM
personally feel you should return the board and go for a JP SLW !!!
i was considering a SB US, butt not any more $%^&*()

one of the CAPTCHA words was "Honour" = irony

mcross19
10th June 2013, 08:16 AM
Most people I know in the UK are swapping their JP SLW for the SB US147! Says it all really.

BelSkorpio
10th June 2013, 10:15 AM
That's really tough luck, mcross19.
Just a week ago, in my country there was a US147/2012/Carbon 2nd hand sold for only 1000 euro.
It was hardly used and in perfect condition. I know the guy who sold it. He's into catamaran sailing now with light wind, so he doesn't need the board any more. But like we say in our language "Figs after Easter".

The only thing I can add, the US147 remains a damn good board.

Unregistered
10th June 2013, 11:33 PM
in which aspects is the US 147 better than the two(2) JP SLWs ??
speed perhaps, and ??

BelSkorpio
11th June 2013, 11:12 AM
The JP SLW starts planing a tidy bit earlier and behaves more like a mini formula. It points higher but will also start pulling at your ankles (a bit like formula) when overpowered.

If you 're looking for more speed and maneuvrability, say the slalom feeling, then the US147 is the board to choose. With the US147, you will not quickly be overpowered.

Unregistered
11th June 2013, 09:08 PM
Belskorpio & mcross19:

If that are the main differences between SB US and JP SLW
then i do not understand why someone would change one for the other !!
both are winners in my book
the issue with SB seems delivery on time and in one piece are not guaranteed - depending where u are
for me JP SLW is at the local dealer and can be checked and walked out with ...
older models of JP are found cheapeer

mcross19
12th June 2013, 08:34 AM
The differences are small yes, but enough to make the SB more desirable.

The damage done was by courier this time but last time it was the factory at fault.

Unregistered, ask yourself the question why older JP SLW are cheaper and greater stock?