PDA

View Full Version : Phantom 301 cmm or Start M

12th June 2007, 04:02 AM
Hi fellows

I am going to by a board for my family members, myself i have an iSonic 155.

I have seen the Start models and was to by an Start M, but was given an advice to try the Phantom!

I have a kid 11 years old, and two teenagers 16-19 year, who is eager to learn/progress. So my dilemma is which of this two board i should choose?

I know that we must have a center fin, so the choice is really between the Start M, or the Phantom 301

/alf

12th June 2007, 10:33 AM
Go for the Phantom. It is a great board for progressing. In lighter winds it will be more exciting than the Start. It has a very nice glide as well.

12th June 2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks

crazychemical
12th June 2007, 04:33 PM
Have you considered the Go? It's made for progressing with the range of strapsettings, it's got a huge sailrange and in light winds, you can use it for freemove and freerace because the go planes really early. I think it'll be harder to get the phanton planning because of it's length vs it's width.

12th June 2007, 04:39 PM
Hi

Yeah, well i had a Go 155.

I want to have a centerfin, as it shoud be used by total beginners, and then they eventually would move forward.

I have seen that new windsurfers, gain a lot more from learning on a board like the Start so no fins is not an option for this one.

I was more skeptical to the lenght, and how the Phantom turns etc.

/ama

13th June 2007, 06:32 PM
Pick the Phantom. A longer board has much better glide (compared to a Start or Rio) in light winds and will still work well as a planning board in stronger winds.

I have not tried a Phantom myself (I am a KONA owner) but I have seen the board and I do think it looks promising.

PG