View Full Version : Fins: what is TT, R & so on..

21st June 2007, 03:24 PM
Simple question: reading about fins you can often see,

-XY xx cm TT
- or XY xxx cm Rxx

I guess R is a stiffness coefficient, what is TT?

21st June 2007, 05:24 PM
With regards to Deboichet fins the Rxx is the model name; R13, R14, R17, R19 etc are all different foils. The stiffness is most often M or S with additional subcategories like +, -, -- etc. The rake is a number with a + in front of it; +6 or +8 being the most common. The 70cm R13S +8 is the R13 foil in s Soft flex raked 8 cm forward from the original Deboichet fin.

I can't recall seeing the Rxx used differently, but please link such an occurrence if this try at an explanation doesn't work.

TT most likely refers to the Tuttle box / fin head. When Powerbox tends to be referred to as PB and the wave/freestyle fins as US (called US-box).

21st June 2007, 06:29 PM
Thank you! That's really what I was looking for: yes I referd to Deboichet fins!
I didn't know about +6 +8... and I thought tuttle fins were TB :)
Thanks again