PDA

View Full Version : What Size Evo?

Matt
28th June 2007, 06:13 AM
Hello,
I'm 19 years old and weigh around 55-60kgs and am looking for my first wave board as I want to start doing some freewave competitions next year. I have an 05 110 Freesex which I use for general light wind cruising and freestyle on a lake on a 5.8m sail or bigger, and an 02 86 Freesex which i use with sails between 5.8 and 4.5 at the coast but this is likely to be replaced with an 88 flare. I have very limited experience in waves and am looking at an evo. I was thinking probably the evo xtv 70 but just want to see other peoples opinions.
Thanks
Matt

Ola_H
30th June 2007, 03:47 AM
For true high performance wave sailing, no doubt the EVO 62 would be the right choice at your weight. However, when you don't have that much wave experience, I think the EVO 70 will indeed be a better board. It will be more forgiving and probably make you progress faster in the waves. I think the extra size will also make it crossover into freestyle a bit better too. The EVO 70 is also very controllable and extra versatile when it comes to differerent types of wave conditions. It will also give you a healthy overlap with a Freesex 86 or Flare 88.

So, EVO 70 is my recommendation. I weight 68 myself and its my favourite board.

Matt
3rd July 2007, 06:56 AM
Thankyou very much for the advice will order the board as soon as possible:D