PDA

View Full Version : 2008 boards on this site......

hubert
8th August 2007, 12:55 AM
I've read the new starboard and severne sail catalogue at my local distributor. i got no copy coz' the qty is pretty limited. when will it being uploaded to this site? both JP and NP has done it. I can't wait to check out the detail (though I've already ordered the new futura and 2 gators.....:D)

Jean-Marc
8th August 2007, 06:05 AM
Like each year, August 15 will be the unveiling day for the new gear...

Cheers !

JM

8th August 2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Hubert,

No problem to find all the technical details about 2008 iSonics.
It's been on most of the European forums since about 2 weeks.
For instance the Belgian surfforum www.surfforum.be

honk
8th August 2007, 08:56 PM
some pics here too :

http://www.bluefinz.com/jm/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=28

8th August 2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.star-board.com/2008/pages/products/v_isonic.php

2008 is online B)

9th August 2007, 02:50 AM
Great find!

James
9th August 2007, 04:22 AM
Looks like a lot of thought has been put into both the design of the new boards and the composition of the range as a whole. Kudos to starboard.

geo
9th August 2007, 01:25 PM
Pity they already put it offline... maybe the witnesses will share the info they found?

geo
9th August 2007, 01:42 PM
Don't worry, it's easy...
http://biwakofr.exblog.jp/6140650

9th August 2007, 01:48 PM
what I've seen and I can remember (sorry for my english) on the 2008-site:

Formula:
Easier to handle. No specifications untill August/September. It will also be the Formula board for 2009 because of the new 2-year-FW-rule.

Apollo:
Same ultra light wind performance. Improved medium wind performance. 75cm fin. Goal: Get Formula concept to Olympics

Futura:
Freeride-(race-)Board of the future. Replaces S-Type, with iSonic-race-Genes and the comfort of a Carve

Serenity:
Unchanged

Evo:
New size: 98Ltrs (developed with/for AA)

Flare:
Some sizes with wider tail

9th August 2007, 02:15 PM
The most drastic change in the lineup (IMO) was indeed the merge of S-type and Carve into Futura. Also, what got me thinking was the same shape of the new Futura and the new Go in most of the size alternatives. This was emphasized in the overviews for both models. So essentially, the new Go models (122, 133, 144) are pretty much the same boards as the respective Futuras, only with different construction (Go: Tufskin, Futura: Technora/Wood). I wonder how much the stiffness and weight differences due to different construction methods affect on the actual riding characteristics.

geo
9th August 2007, 05:50 PM
AFAIK, stiffness and weight do affect the ride a lot. I found this in the small changes between similar, already light and stiff slalom boards, and I guess it must be even more so for bigger construction/materials differences.

I think Starboard made a good choice to have the same shape in the two lineups, Go and Futura; this probably points to the fact that an excellent shape has been developed, with no shortcomings neither performance wise nor ease wise.

9th August 2007, 06:10 PM
I agree with you there, they must be up to something pretty good shapewise. The thing is, I am contemplating whether I should go for the new futura or the new go, as one will be mine in the coming months. According to your view, the futura must then be the better of the two in terms of long term enjoyment (not speaking of the durability though).

Cheers.

9th August 2007, 07:25 PM
all these new boards havent been kept all that quiet have they?

9th August 2007, 07:53 PM
They certainly haven't. There have been leakages here and there even though the great unveiling is supposed to take place next week. On the other hand, it shows that there is always a great interest in the upcoming models. Especially among customers. For the retailers, these leakages are obviously not that positive.