PDA

View Full Version : Acid 80 Vs Evo 80

johnleo
17th August 2007, 04:52 PM
Hi I am a 100 kg sailor, and i am looking for a smaller wave board to complement my 95fsw board. I would like to use it in force 6 and more with sails from 5.5 max down to 4.0. I sail in onshore conditions with small waves and i am looking more for control, speed and good release for wave jumps rather than waveriding, i also like to sail a little bit overpowered rather than underpowered. I can land FWR loops, One handed jumps and occasionally back loops. Which board do you think will suit me best EVO or ACID?

Ola_H
17th August 2007, 07:14 PM
With that description I think you will love the Acid 80. You could also have a look at the Kombat 79 which has the same rocker and similar rails as the Acids but a slightly wider tail.

EVO is more wave riding oriented and if you're not much into that you'll be better of with Acid or Kombat.

johnleo
17th August 2007, 08:01 PM
Thank's a lot Ola_H.
I think that the wider tail of kombat may cause me control problems because usually i sail overpowered with very choppy sea state and some ridable waves (remember i will use it with 4.5 when most people will be with 4.0 at force 7-8). Something like Pozo but with smaller waves and more confused sea state, with chops coming from all over directions.
Thanks a lot for you input.:)