PDA

View Full Version : Which board? From where?

welshtrowy
8th October 2007, 07:48 PM
Hi All, just joined today so go easy!! This has been my first summer windsurfing and its been great, although not sure where the wind has gone currently!

Anyway to business i currently sail a jp 180 ssh! but good news is i want a starboard.........just not sure as to whether i should plum for the go or carve? Vitals are 100 (ish kilo's) planning sometimes! in front footstrap mostly, I sail on flatwater ponds at the mo but would like to progress to the coast imminentley. I want a board that will grow with me for a while and provide me with lots of fun and challenges over the next couple of years. Any ideas?

Also having spent a small fortune this summer and wanting to keep the jp to introduce friends to the sport my budget is not massive so looking for second hand or ex demo/hire any advice greatfully recieved.
:D

Screamer
8th October 2007, 08:08 PM
Welcome Welshtrowy

You have a 180 lit board, you are planing, you want to sail on the coast, and want a board you won't outgrow for a while (so Go is out of the question I'd say). The last part means that you'll struggle a bit in the begining but don't let that put you off. I think I see a healthy dose of enthusiasm in your post, so go smaller (relative to your weight of course).

Not bigger than, say, a Carve133 (around 70cm width) or similar.