PDA

View Full Version : Website menu problem....Tony?

Phill104
22nd February 2008, 03:51 AM
Since you added the extra item to the dropdown menu all the dropdowns are way out of whack. I have to click on start to get the forum dropdown.

My tiny brain easilly gets confused by this. I've lost count of the number of times I've clicked on what I thought was forum and tried to post on the Rutland water and Jeri threads:rolleyes:

James
23rd February 2008, 12:32 AM
I've noticed the same problem with the drop-down menus. It just appeared this week. Please fix it!

carvesalot
23rd February 2008, 11:06 AM
its got to do with 104

matt12
23rd February 2008, 02:20 PM
Mine is also messed up. You need a development and acceptance environment for your roll-out process.

Also make sure you test it with linux and the common linux browsers - firefox, opera, konqueror, etc.

Thanks.

Jean-Marc
23rd February 2008, 11:49 PM
Gotta agree. The "Forums" flash menu dropdown doesn't work under Firefox.

If I click on Start of the "Start Windsurfing" flash menu dropdown, I've got the forum dropdown menu.

If I click on the Windsurfing of the "Start Windsurfing" flash menu dropdown, I've got the expected Star Windsurfing dropdown menu working.

Cheers !

JM

Doby
6th March 2008, 06:03 PM
When will you fix the top menu?

John Kemsley
15th March 2008, 01:26 AM
Hey guys please fix the problem

matt12
16th March 2008, 06:18 AM
Hurry up SB!

I still don't understand why Starboard changed their website from their fast & responsive design of about 03, 04, 05. It also had the most popular forum in the industry, provided great fun for many many people, and brought in windsurfers to your website who don't even use Starboard.

I would love to know who made the decision at Starboard and who they commissioned to design this dodgy website. Must be one of the worst web designers in the world.

Phill104
16th March 2008, 04:33 PM
I think that is unfair matt12. I suppose it is a matter of taste. I quite like it.

Yes, this site takes longer to load but as broadband takes over from dial up, content can be richer. For the internet to move forward new technologies must be embraced and we have to stop pandering to those who wont change from their 800*600 screens and 56k modems.

In 2003 only 22% of home users were on broadband. It's now up to 89%.

I bet in 2003 the site felt slow to most. I certainly remember waiting ages for images to appear.

As for the forums? Yes, they are quieter now but if you go back a couple of years most of the content was junk, people attacking LeeD, spam or just general bitching of other peoples products.

It is a shame that some of the posters from those times no longer post, especially some of the team as there were some very informative posts.

Phill104
19th March 2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for fixing it. I know it was just a tiny problem but it was one of those things that was driving me potty.

Jean-Marc
20th March 2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the fix as well. Everything works neatly, fast and responsive (broadband).

2008 website has by far the richest content and complexity so far available as compared to previous years. Look at the Company, Products, Forums and Download dropdown menus and their content and compare with that of 2000-2005. A Drake fins section as well as StarBoard sails section is may be missing...

Cheers !

JM

matt12
24th March 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for fixing the menu problem.
So what was the reason for the problem in the first place?