PDA

View Full Version : Maui Accomodation - Please help

Ricardo
29th February 2008, 03:22 PM
Hello everybody!

We are travelling to Maui later this year, and am looking for a nice place to stay for 14 nights. I think the best place is on the north shore, close to windsurf spots. We don't want the tourist hustle and bustle. Ideal somewhere we can cook in or eat out, and space to park a car.

Can anyone help us by suggesting somewhere please? Travel agents will put us anywhere just to get a sale.

Thank you!

Ricardo G.

Unregistered
29th February 2008, 03:45 PM
Ian Fox directed a poster to some places to stay on the northshore awhile on this forum , so back check the archives..you'll find the info there.
cheers...
shredulato

Ricardo
2nd March 2008, 03:21 AM
Hi guys,

Can't find Ian's thread on Maui locations. Can any put me in the right direction please?

Thanks guys,

Ricardo.

Unregistered
2nd March 2008, 03:34 AM
The problem is, that most of the vacation rentals on the North Shore have been, officially, shut down, because they are in violation of the established zoning ordinances. In reality, most of them are still operating, just not advertising, for fear of drawing attention. I am going to give you a local tip: Look through the "for rent" advertisements on Craigslist.com, in the regular "for rent" section, and, if something kinda sorta sounds like a vacation rental, i.e., it has a good location, it's furnished, it's recently renovated, immaculately maintained, does not require a lease, and so on, call them, and ask them if they would be willing to do a short-term rental. Kinda like the way someone looking might ask a guy wearing a "Legalize it!" t-shirt if he has anything to share. The Maui City Council has created a black market, for vacation rentals! An this is how the vacation rentals are advertising, without advertising.

Unregistered
2nd March 2008, 04:01 AM
Go to Kevin Pritchard's blog and email him.

Unregistered
2nd March 2008, 04:56 AM
my neighbor and i were set up and flushed out by county investigators so i would be leary of anyone claiming to be a tenant. we received injunctions to cease and desist!!!

this is horrible for maui and windsurfing....

WILDWINDSCA
2nd March 2008, 07:49 AM
cut and paste this

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3247

its a few pages back, Ian has the scoop on legal rentals.
Id give you more info on places i HAVE stayed at but some people on this site are against the "illegal" rentals on the northshore , which is fair enough so i dont want to to stir the pot.
As mentioned the county is actively seeking out websites and are hitting people.In fact you could be the county yourself.LOL

also check out www.mauiwindsurfari.com" they have legal stuff on the northshore, too expensive for my tastes. Kevin pritchards website has a referral service, good service as well.

I am staying in Kihei this year.

Kihei ....Sad but true.

Alex Aleioka
2nd March 2008, 10:57 PM
I am Agent Aleioka of the Maui County Enforcement Division.

I am here to ask all civic-minded windsurfers and visitors to send information on illegal North Shore rentals and any other illegal activities to my email address alex.aleioka@maui.co.gov or call me to report info at 808-564-2922.

We appreciate your support to ensure that visitors have a safe and legal experience on our beautiful island of Maui. Tips leading to successful prosecution will be eligible for our CVX Rewards Program.

Aloha, and Mahalo

Alex Aleioka, CPSD
Senior Investigative Agent
Maui County Enforcement Division
1312 Inokea Drive
Wailuku, HI 96783

Unregistered
2nd March 2008, 11:17 PM
see i told you!!!

wildwindsca

Year of the RAT
3rd March 2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks Ricardo.

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 01:45 AM
Poor Kevin Pritchard, ratted out, on the Starboard forum!

steveC
3rd March 2008, 03:14 AM
I'm awfully curious whether the County of Maui's targeted shutdown of many Northshore rental opportunities has worked to increase the cost of the remaining legal rentals, particularly those on the Northshore. Supply and demand has always been a very strong force that readily affects pricing.

I wonder if anyone has studied this and has some enlightening data to share. Maybe our enterprising county official that posted above fishing for rats would like to tackle this issue. Then again, maybe he has something extra to gain here playing the cop and he would just prefer to look the other way.

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 03:43 AM
I think a troll is being fed here.
I think someone is making it a personal crusade to attack and threaten windsurfers when it comes to maui .
Some sleuthing led me to believe this.
the zip for this "A" guy is a big island, zip / streets names in the area of that zip do not match up.
Cannot find that street name in the area of that zip OR in wailuku near the goverment offices.
Maui counties email do not go maui.gov.co
that email bounces on an emil check.
maui county government offices use 270 local exchange.
there no mention fo any reward program on the maui county website
what a farce!!!

Aloha ,
windsurf sleuth

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 03:46 AM
also, the phone number appears to be non-working. dumbass troll. we're safe!!!! phewww

I think a troll is being fed here.
I think someone is making it a personal crusade to attack and threaten windsurfers when it comes to maui .
Some sleuthing led me to believe this.
the zip for this "A" guy is a big island, zip / streets names in the area of that zip do not match up.
Cannot find that street name in the area of that zip OR in wailuku near the goverment offices.
Maui counties email do not go maui.gov.co
that email bounces on an emil check.
maui county government offices use 270 local exchange.
there no mention fo any reward program on the maui county website
what a farce!!!

Aloha ,
windsurf sleuth

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 04:19 AM
You mean, there's someone on here, on the Internet, posting under a totally fake identity!?

Nah! GTFOOH!!!! why would somebody DO a thing like that?

Gzek
3rd March 2008, 11:47 AM
Could be a head-fake to throw everybody off. Sounds too good to be true.

Relax your guard, keep renting and then, BAM! There's a county inspector slapping an injuction and fines all over your ass.

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 08:02 PM
It may be that the original "ricardo" post have been a lead into this Hoax but lets give ricardo the benefit of the doubt .
Agent "A" cut and also pasted the message over at KP site.I looked back in the link wildwindsca posted and old postings at Giampapolos site over the last few months, when the vacation issue first came up. There has been a vocal group or individual that actively arguing their valid opinion against Vacation rentals.
But someone has now made this a personal vendetta and yes the net and anonyminity is such that anythign cna be believed, but vailidity is laways questionable.
The negativity has to be stopped. I think an adult rational discourse with the appropraite level of maturity and logic is the only way to discuss this issue.

windsurf sleuth

Unregistered
3rd March 2008, 08:04 PM
and to add , a discussion with proper spelling LOL.
windsurf sleuth

Unregistered
4th March 2008, 01:47 AM
windsurf sleuth, sometimes an attention-seeker will create a hoax, and then take credit for exposing it... know what I'm sayin? it's obvious that you are somehow able to chase this thing down almost instantly wherever it appears. keep on sleuthing... and let us know if the hoax letter has already appeared in any other places where you haven't gotten around to exposing it yet. ;)

Unregistered
4th March 2008, 01:57 AM
windsurf sleuth, sometimes an attention-seeker will create a hoax, and then take credit for exposing it... know what I'm sayin? it's obvious that you are somehow able to chase this thing down almost instantly wherever it appears. keep on sleuthing... and let us know if the hoax letter has already appeared in any other places where you haven't gotten around to exposing it yet. ;)

If this is the case, WS is a psychopathic genious. Very entertaining. He must be very bored.

Keep it up!

Unregistered
4th March 2008, 02:41 AM
WS is a psychopathic GENIUS.

Unregistered
4th March 2008, 08:04 PM
Sometimes, when your a hammer and you hit the nail on right on its head,
ya just know it!!!
dont ya...
LOL
windsurf sleuth