PDA

View Full Version : Fins with S-type 137

hans kleingeld
23rd March 2008, 08:05 AM
I am very interested in with finsizes are good to use with the S-type 137 from '07. The site tells me the OFO is 47 cm and finranges is 38-52 cm.

I want to use the board especially with a V8 8.0 in flat to choppy waters. Should a select sl7 41 be ok, or can I go 2 cm smaller in nice 4 Bft conditions. The mentioned finrange goes to 52 cm which appears to me to be quit big with the OFO of 47 cm. I don't want to take to large fins because of the shallow waters and 46 stock fin may be too large (also for midwind blasting with 8.0).

Just someone have ideas about my question? Thanks in advance, Hans

steveC
23rd March 2008, 09:01 AM
I don't know if weeds are included in your shallow water scene, but I would recommend checking out Wolfgang Lessacher's asymmetrical offerings. Even if a raked planform may not be a requirement, the lift factor realized with much shorter lengths can be more readily tapped to your benefit.

http://www.cameraid.com/Lessacher/

hans kleingeld
23rd March 2008, 03:31 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I know the chameleons quite well. I have the 22, 24 and 28. This fins behave very nice in shallow and flat waters, especially the smaller ones below 32 cm. However for midwind blasting performance of slalomfins concerning average speed, planing through lulls and upwind performance is significantly better. Therefore I prefer a slalomfin, but fins larger than 45 cm will be really a problem due to weeds and sandbanks. Also I don't know the quality of the stockfin

Lessacher
28th March 2008, 01:26 AM
Hallo Hans! You can try 2 fins from me, if you want. I think 39cm Duo Freeride in Carbon.
Or a new 40 cm Duo elliptic fin. Speak with Frank. Please look:
www.designlessacher.com

Wolfgang