PDA

View Full Version : Status on Maui?

Friend-O
2nd April 2008, 02:20 AM
A couple of buddies cancelled their Maui trips due to some vacation rental fiasco goin on over there. What's the real story?

Is it that much of a pain to rent a car and drive from Kihei? I hear traffic is an hour or more?

Do I have to go to Aruba?

Unregistered
2nd April 2008, 02:28 AM
Kihei to Kanaha is 20-25 min...Haiku to Kanaha is 10-15. There is also excellent sailing right in Kihei. Obviously Hookipa is a little farther, but that is less of a tourist spot.

Or you could go to Aruba, and sail in flat water downwind of a bunch of new hotels

Call-It
2nd April 2008, 02:48 AM
Why would my buddies cancel if it's only a 20 minute drive?

Also, I thought all the vacation rentals in Haiku got shut down?

Unregistered
2nd April 2008, 04:09 AM
Boy, I wish it was only a 20-min drive. I seem to sit in traffic with all this construction going on and it does take about an hour to get to Kanaha from Kihei. If your going to Sprecks or Hookipa, add another 15-25 minutes. I work in Kihei and live in Kahului, so, I am pretty tuned up on the situation. You can do it in 20-minutes if its like midnight and there is no traffic and you dont follow the speed limits.

This TVR fiasco has been real pain for A LOT of people here. If only we could recall Tavares so she can go back to running her bowling alley. You should check the polls on the Maui News. she has a 123% approval rating. Awue! Save us!

Unregistered
2nd April 2008, 09:52 AM
Dude, what are you smokin? You can get from central Kihei to Puunene in about 15 minutes, maybe 5 more if ya gotta wait for the construction. From there, Kanaha and Sprecks are about the same, depending on whether you turn left or right. Hookipa is another story because you need to go thru Paia, not so much fun with the 8000 or so new houses in Haiku.

Man, it sure is tiresome listening to all the TVR cheerleaders. Your gal Charmain still has choke support from the people who care about Maui.

Maui Local
2nd April 2008, 12:40 PM
We don't want you here. We've got plenty of tourists already, and your money isn't worth the space you take up when you're here. Unless you're an unbelievably hot babe from Italy or Sweden or Brazil, go to Aruba.

H........G............A
2nd April 2008, 01:13 PM
You tell em, brah.

Unregistered
2nd April 2008, 01:33 PM
I don't see how anyone gets from Haiku to Kanaha in 10-15 minutes, not unless they're on crack. Ten minutes from Haiku barely gets you to Ho'okipa. From there it's another twenty minutes minimum to Kanaha. Total 30 minutes if you're lucky.

Guess what, asshats, Kanaha is a shorter drive from Kihei than it is from Haiku.

Unregistered
2nd April 2008, 02:56 PM
Dude you are so right - I was trying to point out that Kihei is plenty close enough, I forgot how long it takes to get past all that junk between Mamas and Paia. So there it is - Kihei is actually closer, mr TVR promoter tool.

I love it how the same people who are like 'build build build' turn around and cuss at da traffic. I remember when you could sit at Cozy Corner (where the Paia Fish Market is now) for 20 minutes and maybe 5 cars would go by. Now it takes 20 minutes to cross the street.

steveC
2nd April 2008, 03:36 PM
Again, I wonder how the TVR shutdown has affected the rental rates of "legal" Northshore rentals, particularly those on the beach. Nobody seems to want to address this issue. While a bunch of smoke and mirrors stuff is offered in pretended support for the local scene, I think that the bottom line is focused on leveraging the interests of large hotel firms on the Southshore.

Why would anybody want to drive back and forth all over the island while on vacation just to try and have some fun? Sounds like a kind of funky vacation to me.

Unregistered
3rd April 2008, 12:48 AM
I've been living in a converted storage shed in Haiku; it's all I could afford. Thanks to the TVR ban, I'm moving into a nicely fixed-up studio at the beach - a former illegal TVR. Prices on long-term rentals for locals are down. The Tavares plan is working. When the County gets done shutting down all the TVRs that are still operating illegally, things should be even better for locals. Guess what? You tourists can whine, but we're the ones who vote here. Amen, Mayor.

Ken
3rd April 2008, 03:51 AM
I have only been to Maui once and it was a good experience. I stayed in a condo in Kihea which worked out well.

I certainly don't know much about all the issues here, but one thing for sure for resort communities that rely on tourism, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

It may be that the impact is only on visiting windsurfers, surfers and kiters that can't afford the big resorts, which are also not practical for windsurfers. If no one comes to Maui to sail or surf, I can see why the locals would like the plan, especially if it doesn't impact the economy.

However, I wonder how the new cheaper rents will impact the property owners in the long term as well as having fewer tourists. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

I wonder how the Maui locals would feel if they came to the mainland and the locals welcomed them and showed them all the good places to sail and surf as well as sharing a beer on the beach. I live in a place like that, too bad its not everywhere.

steveC
4th April 2008, 06:19 AM
Ken,

Your comments are quite meaningful in my mind.

However, for some personal perspective, I'll offer some further thoughts about the Maui situation, at least from my perspective.

My first trip to Maui was in 1991, but I'd already done significant time on Kauai since 1977. What I realized by the mid-80s in trips to Kauai is that it was paramount to be located on the beach at your dream spot (Northshore is the prime spot there too). I started my experiences at Maui on the beach at John and Louise Severson's property between the public "Speckelsville" launch and Sugercove. No driving around, and able to sail to Kanaha or even to Hookipa (which I did, and had the opportunity to make unexpected runs along with Robby Naish), and really everywhere in between. I did 6 trips from 91-97, and all were at the Severson property. I think I got real value in my vacations. So, the idea of driving around as a commuter for fun has to be viewed as a bit too foreign and foolish.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid things have changed considerably. I'm quite sure that an increased interest in the Northshore experience has skewed Maui's view of how they want to develop and control growth. I think that's reflected in the majority thought and focus of Maui's current county representatives.

However, I think that many of the "voices" posted here are not truly authentic. I think that they're contrived voices that are trying to create a specious "locals" position, which I surmise is actually based on large monied interests on the island. As I'm sure that you understand, the little guy is never the real focus and concern. Monied interests are at the heart of the situation. I live in a "vacation type" locale that is world recognized, so I know that the illusions presented by some are just offered to suit there interests.

Time will tell if great windurfing is able to thrive on Maui.

Unregistered
4th April 2008, 08:46 AM
First, while there are some illegal beachfront TVRs, the majority are in the residential neighborhoods of Haiku etc. These are what people object to, although to be sure the beachfront ones, with their big new fences and electronic gates, are not popular with the fishermen.

Second, there is no money to be made shutting down illegal TVRs. The idea that 'monied interests' are somehow behind the law enforcement is absurd. Think about it - illegal TVRs have artificially inflated property values and rental prices. The 'monied interests' (multiple home owners etc.) are profiting BIG TIME from illegal TVRs.

Can you imagine that many local residents would be in favor of cheaper housing and lower rents? I'll bet everyone else can.

Ken
4th April 2008, 11:06 PM
SteveC,

Thanks for your insight. My concern for any top windsurfing destination is for the visitors to have a positive experience; the locals to respect the value of the visitors, be friendly, and for everyone to play fair with the dollars charged or spent.

Historically, Hawaiian surfers have had a reputation of being "less than hospitable" towards tourists. I don't know about windsurfers and kiters, but I suspect there are some that don't want anyone sharing "their water" either. I suspect that this attitude can surface anywhere it gets too crowded. Lake sailors like myself certainly complain plenty about the boaters and jet skis that like to get too close, but for our "own kind", I have never experienced anything but friendliness, regardless of whether they are local or not.

steveC
5th April 2008, 02:35 AM
Ken,

You and I think very similarly about wanting a friendly and positive attitude meeting up with others that enjoy windsurfing and kiting. Having come to windsurfing from a surfing background, I was really stoked about how personable and open windsurfers tended to be. As a surfer, I tended to be less inclined towards easy relaxed communications because of the competitive nature of sport and the pressures of the lineup. Windsurfing was a real breath of fresh air, and it opened a new door in my life that I enjoy so much.

Regarding Maui, I really hope that things don't change so much from what I've known and appreciated so much from past experiences. The way things now appear, much of the aloha and positive spirit is at risk. Of course, it could be likely that much of the negativeness we're hearing is quite limited, and a friendly easy going attitude still thrives on Maui. However, if the Northshore experience is closed to visitors and stiffled, I know at least for me, that it won't be worth it to vacation in Maui. Too many other quality spots to choose from that are open and friendly.

Needless to say, I still hope for the best.

Unregistered
5th April 2008, 04:33 AM
While the locals in the Hawaiian Islands are pretty territorial about their surf breaks, in 25 years of surfing here I've never experienced anything that was as bad as a typical day in California. The whole 'my beach' mindset originated in CA, and for anyone from there to point fingers is pretty sad.

But that is surfing. There never has been much attitude in windsurfing, and there is even less now, except maybe during a crowded day at Ho'okipa. Windsurfing crowds have actually diminished to the point where you can sail some pretty good spots with just a few other people. There has NEVER been a better time to windsurf Maui, at least not since the very early 80s. On a historic note, in the early 80s, I stayed in Kihei, and I can tell you that a lot of the local windsurfing community at the time bought houses over there at places like Maui Meadows because it was MORE CONVENIENT TO THE SPOTS THEY SAILED EVERY DAY THAN HAIKU, where most of the illegal TVRs are located.

Yes, there have been some stupid altercations between surfers and windsurfers at Ho'okipa - a rehash of some old issues recently brought on by the fact that the illegal TVRs which have inflamed the local community are very windsurfing oriented, and the surfers (basically long time locals) were lashing out wherever they could at the 'enemy'. Things seem to be settling down now, and I expect they continue to do so - 'aloha' is one of the most appealing things about Hawaii, and it is never far from the surface.

steveC
5th April 2008, 06:03 AM
I find the recurring phase "illegal TVRs" noteworthy, if only for its new found prominence on the scene.

It's interesting on how some would like to creat a reality, and try to influence an understanding of things out there. Sounds to me like a cagey lawyer's voice to sway the jury.

Unregistered
5th April 2008, 06:58 AM
By 'illegal TVRs', I was referring to 'TVR's or 'transient vacation rentals' that are 'illegal' or 'against the law'. I use that term to distinguish them from 'legal TVRs', which are 'TVR's that are 'legal' or 'comply with the law'. There are plenty of 'legal TVRs' on the north shore of Maui, and no-one I know has any problem whatsoever with them.

Please also note that those laws have been on the books for a long time. We are just now coming out of an era of extremely lax enforcement, during which time a lot of people have made a lot of money violating those laws.

I hope this helps with your effort to understand this issue.

steveC
5th April 2008, 07:44 AM
Was that actually "travel" or "transient"? I would think that many vacationers are truly travelers rather than transients. I think most folks have a negative view of real transients, as they are more likely folks that have no job, income or responsibility, and they're just moving through at the communities' expense. Under the circumstances, I'm afraid your comments are clearly specious and poorly presented.

Please remember here that this forum is an international community. I think that Maui's long range focus and interests honestly deserve a more credible presentation.

Unregistered
5th April 2008, 08:05 AM
The Maui Vacation Rental Association (www.mvra.net) says 'Transient'. Guess what they are promoting. Great attempt at changing the subject from your earlier specious comments, though!

I am assuming the subtle distinction between 'illegal' and 'legal' is now clear to you since you had no comment?

Aloha!

Unregistered
5th April 2008, 09:54 AM
Was that actually "travel" or "transient"? I would think that many vacationers are truly travelers rather than transients. I think most folks have a negative view of real transients, as they are more likely folks that have no job, income or responsibility, and they're just moving through at the communities' expense. Under the circumstances, I'm afraid your comments are clearly specious and poorly presented.

Please remember here that this forum is an international community. I think that Maui's long range focus and interests honestly deserve a more credible presentation.

You say these 'transients' are 'folks that have no job, income or responsibility, and they're just moving through at the communities' expense' - yup, that pretty much sums it up, couldn't agree more! Good to see you finally coming around, Steve!

Unregistered
5th April 2008, 03:05 PM
Yes, there have been some stupid altercations between surfers and windsurfers at Ho'okipa - a rehash of some old issues recently brought on by the fact that the illegal TVRs which have inflamed the local community are very windsurfing oriented, and the surfers (basically long time locals) were lashing out wherever they could...

Way to go spreading bullshit. There is no connection between TVR's and anything going on at Ho'okipa. What happened at Ho'okipa is that the surfers sought and obtained a County ordinance (the ten-man rule) to protect their rights of access to the waves, which were being trampled by windsurfers. Once they got the ordinance they sought and obtained enforcement by the authorities. Since that happened, windsurfers have been A LOT more respectful - that's what it took to get the message across to the thick-headed idiots who had no regard for common courtesy in the waves.

What does this have to do with TVRs? Nothing. If you want to connect this to the TVR situation, you're on crack.

steveC
5th April 2008, 11:56 PM
I guess my misunderstanding of the acronym "TVR" warrants eating a little crow, but that doesn't change my stated view and opinions about the troublesome situation on Maui. Frankly, I find it very disturbing that paying vacation visitors to the island are considered "transients". In my neck of the woods the word "transients" doesn't have a positive connotation at all, as I tried to explain earlier. Seems like Maui's dim view of vacationers might come back to haunt them.

Unregistered
6th April 2008, 12:51 AM
Way to go spreading bullshit. There is no connection between TVR's and anything going on at Ho'okipa. What happened at Ho'okipa is that the surfers sought and obtained a County ordinance (the ten-man rule) to protect their rights of access to the waves, which were being trampled by windsurfers. Once they got the ordinance they sought and obtained enforcement by the authorities. Since that happened, windsurfers have been A LOT more respectful - that's what it took to get the message across to the thick-headed idiots who had no regard for common courtesy in the waves.

What does this have to do with TVRs? Nothing. If you want to connect this to the TVR situation, you're on crack.

Yeah, I didn't say what I really meant, which is that Maui is a small community, and all these divisive issues play out in ways out in ways you might not expect. But for sure the TVR debate contributed to anti-windsurfing sentiment, and there is a little more to the Ho'okipa story than just 'rights of access' when you've got surfers sitting out in junk 30 knot conditions for hours for the sole purpose of preventing people from going windsurfing.

The fact that some 'H.G.A.' dude (real or pretend, no matter) is posting on an obscure windsurfing forum thread relating to TVRs tells you exactly where it is at.

H*G*A
6th April 2008, 06:14 AM
http://hookipagrom.com/

We grew here, you flew here.

Aloha, now GTFO!

Unregistered
6th April 2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I didn't say what I really meant, ....

Yeah, you've made your point, which is, you're not even capable of saying what you really mean. And you want anyone to take you seriously?

Now, as the other guy said, GTFO.

Unregistered
6th April 2008, 09:25 AM
http://hookipagrom.com/

We grew here, you flew here.

Aloha, now GTFO!

No, THIS makes my point. Thanks for playing, better luck next time!

Unregistered
6th April 2008, 08:02 PM
Its amazing the hater attitude that SOME "locals" end up giving tourists over issues like this. I have seen it in costa rica the dominican republic, toabago, and YES in hood river oregon!!

But i have seen it with americans coming over the border to Canada and buying up cottage land and driving up local cottage prices. Or people from other places in Canada looking for cottages as well!!
Our attitude is that they are outsiders they dont belong!! Its a global thing.
Its not going to stop.

But back to maui
Who are the real kaa mahina??? that suffer from the "invader"??
I love the recent transplant that takes up the anti tourist "hue and cry" and now having a zip code and registered as a resident in the state considers themselves a "local" mauian.
And now become the hater of tourism the local that says"hey get off my wave!!"

I met a few of these guys in Jaques bistro, attitude and whiter the a bleached bone. i was labelled but them as a "north american " tourist.

yeah brah whiter then white ,
what a laugh,

the worst hater.

how does this person feel when the real kaamahina suffers???
Yes the person of hawaiian ancestry, the one who were robbed and contunue to be roobed by all ( yes the japanese, the tavares, the descendants
plantation workers are they real kaa mahina??!!)
I met all i respect only one.
Back to jaques bistro while transplant Joe ( i call him) terms me a north american, beside me eating and enjoying a beer is a guy named francis, having a beer and tapas, the frinedliest guy i have met, offered me some food and a conversation ensused. seems he has worked on molokai clearing unexploded ordanance.

I met a friend of his later that week a park ranger just as
nice.
These guys had "the blood"NO DOUBT.
these guys no grief, just all aloha,
all hawaiian all kaa mahina.!!!

they tell me to go........I go!

they tell me they cant afford housing i repect them.

you other transplants , prove your ancestry!!!

if your not a real local, oh pious ones, give "them"their islands back and go home
youselves if you dont like the crowding and conditions in maui!!!

True Local
6th April 2008, 10:36 PM
you are so right about these guys. mainland haoles that come to maui and think they are kamaina, give you attitude and think they are local. and so right that the true locals show you aloha and welcome you

why do you think haoles are so hated?.

Unregistered
7th April 2008, 03:16 AM
how does this person feel when the real kaamahina suffers???
Yes the person of hawaiian ancestry, the one who were robbed and contunue to be roobed by all ( yes the japanese, the tavares, the descendants
plantation workers are they real kaa mahina??!!)

Exactly. This thread was started by a pro TVR sh*t stirrer trying to get some support for his cause, and has degenerated into the usual 'what are you on crack' and 'GTFO' commentary between people that have (maybe) been here a few generations, and some who have been here one or less. But that does not rule out the possibility that someone could move here, and over time become aware of the issues as they effect the local community. You can support 'limited growth' without being 'anti-tourism'. You can decide, regarding TVRs, that the costs to the community outweigh the benefits without being a 'hater'. You can play an active, positive role in shaping the Maui of tomorrow even if you've only been here a few years.

The bottom line is that vast majority of us are here by the grace of the original inhabitants, who have endured centuries of injustice. While there will probably never be real reparations because that's just not the way the world works, a little aloha on the part of ALL the newcomers would go a long way. A good starting point is 'ohana' - considering something greater other than just your own interests when these issues arise.

Aloha

Unregistered
7th April 2008, 09:15 PM
Don't bother going to Maui, it has been ruined by the mobs of millionaires. Lots of good sailing at Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, and we have 70 miles of beach here!

Lower your carbon footprint, sail closer to home wherever you live. One long airplane trip is essentially equal to your carbon budget for the entire year.

Read George Monbiot's book, "Heat" if you want to learn more.

Leave Hawaii for the Hawaiians.

Unregistered
8th April 2008, 03:24 AM
carbon foorprint, a damn good point but most people arent aware the food they eat has a carbon footprint a thousand miles long at times.
eat local produce...if you can find it ( out of season forget it!!)
Anyways the way i see it, fossil fuel or lack thereof is going to make things different and very soon. Look at the price of oil just today april 7th!!
Gadzooks!!!
the way i see it and i could be waaaay off but flights to exoctic locales, one day, will be very prohibitivly expensive.
Look at aloha airlines!! cut rate competition , increased operating costs with old 737s, one day here next day gone!!
and now hawaiian raising flight rates, its all a sign of big change happening soon. Look for alot more turboprops to be flying interisland very soon

In light of this, and in reference to TVRs, mauians will have their long term rentals, and lots of them when hotel room vancacies rise. In say 10 years.
mainlanders will be trying to find money to pay their mortgage ( unless they have already defaulted ) and pay for gas in their SUV. No money for maui flights!!

BUT beware, energy and imported goods like many of the foods they eat will be too expensive to ship in , so as real estate as defined by cheap rent is now the issue, it ownt be in the future.
BUT FOOD will be a big issue.
it isnt easy to grow just any old crop on maui, and remember commercial fertilier is from fossil fuels!!
kaamahina will be pouding poi again!!!

steveC
8th April 2008, 10:51 AM
Filled up the van in SB today, and gas was $3.749 a gallon for regular. Over $93 to fill up, and that's only worth about 330 miles or so. I can't imagine what it's like in Maui, and on top of that the imported food costs. With no viable vacation spots on the Northshore, the thought about having to commute to the Northshore daily from the Southshore and back has got to be a real strain and a half. Staying close to home seems to be realistic and wise. The way things are going, a Maui vacation is truly a pipe dream.

Kau Inoa
8th April 2008, 11:43 AM
Between Mayor Tavares' smart policies, anti-windsurf legislation, Aloha/ATA bankruptcies, Northshore Maui is now a ghost town.

Thank you, God.

Ken
8th April 2008, 07:55 PM
With all these "smart policies", I hope everyone on Maui has good employment not related to tourism. However, I guess if I had to be a homeless person, Maui wouldn't be a bad place.

jacquestrap
8th April 2008, 11:16 PM
I heard my fave coffee shop shut down due to lack of business? Is thisw true?

Unregistered
9th April 2008, 03:31 AM
Filled up the van in SB today, and gas was $3.749 a gallon for regular. Over $93 to fill up, and that's only worth about 330 miles or so. I can't imagine what it's like in Maui, and on top of that the imported food costs. With no viable vacation spots on the Northshore, the thought about having to commute to the Northshore daily from the Southshore and back has got to be a real strain and a half. Staying close to home seems to be realistic and wise. The way things are going, a Maui vacation is truly a pipe dream.

You DID see the posts that pointed out that Kihei is actually closer to most sailing spots than haiku, where most of the the illegal TVRs are located, right?

Unregistered
9th April 2008, 03:35 AM
Between Mayor Tavares' smart policies, anti-windsurf legislation, Aloha/ATA bankruptcies, Northshore Maui is now a ghost town.

Thank you, God.

Yeah, the other night when I was waiting an hour for a table at Flatbread, and the traffic in Paia was bumper to bumper in both directions, I was thinking "Damn these 'ghosts' and their damn rental cars!"

Unregistered
9th April 2008, 03:42 AM
With all these "smart policies", I hope everyone on Maui has good employment not related to tourism. However, I guess if I had to be a homeless person, Maui wouldn't be a bad place.

Man you got that right! Never mind the nearly 2 million tourists shoveling thousands of dollars a day into the economy in the parts of Maui that are actually zoned for resorts - Anyone with half a brain knows that our real bread and butter is a few thousand windsurfers that stay in illegal TVRs on the north shore to save a few bucks!

You tell 'em, big guy!

Kaleo
9th April 2008, 09:02 AM
You guys crack me up. All you local haoles thinking you know whats going on here and what we, real locals, want. The local people here dont like whats going on with Tavares and her attacking small business including TVRs. Its hurting people more than helping. The one bugga on here who got himself one beach front place is lolo if he thinks that same same for everyone. He just selfish. He got his, now everyone else go bugga off.

Those with the koko know whats up and there is a betta way to deal with stuff than shuttin everyone down. We like the surfers, the windsurfing, the kiters, the divers. All of dem are good for Maui. Mo betta than some jetkiers going around out there poluting the ocean.

Things are slowin down with many people out of jobs because of the airline stuff and also many jobs lots from not working at the vacation rentals. Its only gonna get harder.

All you braddahs spoutin off on here betta know, the kapuna are listening and watching and know da truth. Your not helping. so, betta check ya self.

Mahalo lui noa...
Kaleo

Kaleo
9th April 2008, 09:04 AM
Awue! sorry mis type

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Aloha....

John Doe
9th April 2008, 09:35 AM
Just like them haoles that try to talk pidgin...

Unregistered
9th April 2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, the 'locals' are really gonna miss cleaning the toilets at illegal TVRs out in the Haiku jungle. Of course, what with illegal TVRs being a cash business and all, most of those 'locals' are actually illegals working for cheap pay under the table and no benefits.

You go, 'Brah'!

Unregistered
9th April 2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, the other night when I was waiting an hour for a table at Flatbread, and the traffic in Paia was bumper to bumper in both directions, I was thinking "Damn these 'ghosts' and their damn rental cars!"

Cuz was not kidding, it has been noticeably quieter on the North Shore. An improvement. Now if only it could stay like this, or get quieter even.

So, let's recap the reasons you windsurfers should all go to Aruba: Maui is expensive, flights cost a fortune, the rental cars are crap, it's crowded, the traffic is awful, there's no decent place to stay, the food is terrible, the service is worse, there's nothing to do, the water is rough, the locals are pricks, surfers get in your face, stuff gets stolen all the time, you can get skunked any time of year, and when you're not being skunked it's too gusty, there is big bad sharks in the water, recently there was an outbreak of dengue fever, the airlines are all about to stop flying to Maui and if you're here already when that happens you will be stuck in the middle of this godawful mess. Nobody really likes it in Maui who doesn't get paid to say they like it. Aruba is infinitely better. Go there instead.

Unregistered
10th April 2008, 10:15 AM
You guys crack me up. All you local haoles thinking you know whats going on here and what we, real locals, want. The local people here dont like whats going on with Tavares and her attacking small business including TVRs. Its hurting people more than helping. The one bugga on here who got himself one beach front place is lolo if he thinks that same same for everyone. He just selfish. He got his, now everyone else go bugga off.

Those with the koko know whats up and there is a betta way to deal with stuff than shuttin everyone down. We like the surfers, the windsurfing, the kiters, the divers. All of dem are good for Maui. Mo betta than some jetkiers going around out there poluting the ocean.

Things are slowin down with many people out of jobs because of the airline stuff and also many jobs lots from not working at the vacation rentals. Its only gonna get harder.

All you braddahs spoutin off on here betta know, the kapuna are listening and watching and know da truth. Your not helping. so, betta check ya self.

Mahalo lui noa...
Kaleo

Hey, I got a question for ya - what's a 'real local', and how come a 'local haole' isn't 'real'. I mean, the first haoles were here long before the Chinese, Japanese, Philipinos, Portugese, Tongans etc. and a lot of other haoles on the island go back many generations. Just sayin'...

Here's another thought for ya - the Kapuna are very definitely about 'Aloha', and last time I checked, racism was not a big part of that.

P.S. weren't you the guy on the other thread that came up with the compelling argument that, since an illegal TVR up the street was better than a crack house, we should retroactively legalize them? Hey, a Karaoke Bar would be better than a crack house too - why don't we put one of them up in your neighborhood ?

Dakine Braddah
11th April 2008, 01:09 AM
Eh, is Mr Ax Grinder. The Hawaiian people dont know racism except coming from the other side. We love all people, of all races, but when people who arent from here start spouting off about what is good for the aina when they dont know wassup, then we get choke pissed. ok? So, check yer self.

So, when my ohana come over from Kauai, where they stay? I have no room in my place cause I no have a big house. In a tent out back? You want me send them Wailea?? You gonna pay?? Didnt think so.

When my cousin come over from Oahu to work on the bridge that was colapsing out in Hana, they can no stay out there, but had to be transported back to Kahului to stay Maui Beach, all at state expense. Good business yea? Thats my tax dollar at work. Before they can stay out where the work happens. Make no sense brah!

Proper permit process will help smooth this thing and can deal with problem TVRs. No need shut everyone down. The mayor has no aloha for the real people of maui and she only think of herself and her business contributors. She just approve huge development out Makena with no water . Good practice for Aina, yea? You guys just dont get it.

An to the guy who dont think Im from hear, show me where you stay, and we can talk story about what you doin for the aina and how you have better idea. yea? I can bring some ono poke and I can listen to what you have to say in person. ok?

Aloha kakahiaka aku!

Kaleo

Dakine Braddah
11th April 2008, 01:18 AM
You wanna see racism? Check the guy who think only local people pissed about the TVR problem cause they clean toilets. Never guess we customers, huh? I guess we all too stupid and poor to be on the other side, yea? Dats that attitude that cause all the beef and make the booga booga come out.

Mahalo
Kaleo

steveC
11th April 2008, 01:52 AM
I think that Kaleo has made some very good points here. The thing that I think is worthy of thought is that the building that was done on the Northshore (for good or bad) must have been approved by the county. While I could be wrong, but construction projects usually require a lot of permits and approvals before, during and afterward. Now, the possibility that these properties weren't presented as TVR projects remains somewhat cloudy and unclear, but again, I have to think that the county had the opportunity to review architectural plans and approve construction to building codes.

I think that Kaleo is absolutely right about creating the proper permit processing to deal with this situation. Now the idea about native Hawaiians being victimized by development over the years should be closely reviewed and considered by both the county and state. It's very possible that specific development projects should be created to address their real near term and long term needs. To me, that makes sense, as a proper balance is highly desireable.

Maui will continue to feel the pressures of growth as many desireable places often do, and I think that's the type of challenge that local government's face. I would hope that the current county administration finds a better balance and reverses much of the strife that seems to be growing.

Unregistered
11th April 2008, 02:16 AM
You wanna see racism? Check the guy who think only local people pissed about the TVR problem cause they clean toilets. Never guess we customers, huh? I guess we all too stupid and poor to be on the other side, yea? Dats that attitude that cause all the beef and make the booga booga come out.

Mahalo
Kaleo

The point of that post was that 'locals' are not gonna lose jobs if illegal TVRs are shut down - those jobs, of which 'cleaning toilets' was an example, are being done by others.

Guess I struck a nerve when I noted the racism in your rant, huh?

Unregistered
11th April 2008, 02:41 AM
Eh, is Mr Ax Grinder. The Hawaiian people dont know racism except coming from the other side. We love all people, of all races, but when people who arent from here start spouting off about what is good for the aina when they dont know wassup, then we get choke pissed. ok? So, check yer self.

So, when my ohana come over from Kauai, where they stay? I have no room in my place cause I no have a big house. In a tent out back? You want me send them Wailea?? You gonna pay?? Didnt think so.

When my cousin come over from Oahu to work on the bridge that was colapsing out in Hana, they can no stay out there, but had to be transported back to Kahului to stay Maui Beach, all at state expense. Good business yea? Thats my tax dollar at work. Before they can stay out where the work happens. Make no sense brah!

Proper permit process will help smooth this thing and can deal with problem TVRs. No need shut everyone down. The mayor has no aloha for the real people of maui and she only think of herself and her business contributors. She just approve huge development out Makena with no water . Good practice for Aina, yea? You guys just dont get it.

An to the guy who dont think Im from hear, show me where you stay, and we can talk story about what you doin for the aina and how you have better idea. yea? I can bring some ono poke and I can listen to what you have to say in person. ok?

Aloha kakahiaka aku!

Kaleo

I got no axe to grind. And I agree 100% that the Makena project, along with the proposed golf community above Honolua Bay (and pretty much every other gated community), is WAAY worse for Maui than the (illegal) TVRs.

I also agree with the proposed legislation that would permit some TVRs so long as the owner was on premises. I do NOT agree that people, and now some actual corporate entities, should be able to run multiple hotel type businesses in residential neighborhoods that are zoned otherwise - it drives up real estate prices, which effects people who live here at least as much as not having a place to stash the ohana, and it introduces all kinds of unfamiliar traffic into areas with keiki and pets and so on. My neighbors are dakine - I'd hate to see them pushed out by people cashing in.

As far as the 'tax dollars at work', don't get me started.

Aloha

Unregistered
11th April 2008, 02:55 AM
I think that Kaleo has made some very good points here. The thing that I think is worthy of thought is that the building that was done on the Northshore (for good or bad) must have been approved by the county. While I could be wrong, but construction projects usually require a lot of permits and approvals before, during and afterward. Now, the possibility that these properties weren't presented as TVR projects remains somewhat cloudy and unclear, but again, I have to think that the county had the opportunity to review architectural plans and approve construction to building codes.

I think that Kaleo is absolutely right about creating the proper permit processing to deal with this situation. Now the idea about native Hawaiians being victimized by development over the years should be closely reviewed and considered by both the county and state. It's very possible that specific development projects should be created to address their real near term and long term needs. To me, that makes sense, as a proper balance is highly desireable.

Maui will continue to feel the pressures of growth as many desireable places often do, and I think that's the type of challenge that local government's face. I would hope that the current county administration finds a better balance and reverses much of the strife that seems to be growing.

I disagree with any solution that involves additional development. Maui is tapped out both with regards to water supply and infrastructure (read 'traffic!'), and there are already plenty of houses to put roofs over the heads of the people that live here. The solution lies in:

1) Reducing multiple home ownership
2) Reducing off island ownership
3) Revitalizing some existing neighborhoods

Unfortunately, the TVR situation INCREASED both multiple home ownership AND off island ownership. This was the basis of the county initiative, although as has been pointed out, it was handled in an unnecessarily heavy-handed way.

Da Kine Braddah
11th April 2008, 06:50 AM
The point of that post was that 'locals' are not gonna lose jobs if illegal TVRs are shut down - those jobs, of which 'cleaning toilets' was an example, are being done by others.

Guess I struck a nerve when I noted the racism in your rant, huh?

Sure did brah! We get so tired of being treated like we children and cant decide for ourselves how to live and like we all on welfare and stuff. We want to live and let live, but don come in here and try to make trouble and cause problems. Most of the stink eye come from years and years of getting stepped ova.

We watching the windsurfers for years at ho'okipa and we dont hate all you buggahs, jus the guys who act like they own it. Im actually trying to learn and is why Im here. If you wanna laugh at a local braddah trying to windsurf come down to kanaha on a weekend. You will see dis fool on the water with all da keiki bussing my okole.

Aloha
Kaleo

Unregistered
11th April 2008, 07:55 AM
Sure did brah! We get so tired of being treated like we children and cant decide for ourselves how to live and like we all on welfare and stuff. We want to live and let live, but don come in here and try to make trouble and cause problems. Most of the stink eye come from years and years of getting stepped ova.

We watching the windsurfers for years at ho'okipa and we dont hate all you buggahs, jus the guys who act like they own it. Im actually trying to learn and is why Im here. If you wanna laugh at a local braddah trying to windsurf come down to kanaha on a weekend. You will see dis fool on the water with all da keiki bussing my okole.

Aloha
Kaleo

Hey, it's all good - we maybe just don't agree 100% on the TVR stuff. I try to live aloha every day, and like I said before, we are ALL here by the grace of the Hawaiians. But same time, there are 'local haoles' who are real 'locals', and there are 'locals' who haven't been here even one generation. Some of the latter might wanna work on their bad attitude too!

Most (but not all) of the 'real locals' I know figure that their kids maybe being able to buy their own house some day is more important than the short term TVR stuff. Ya know, try get da keiki outta da ohana before they turn 40!

RobertV
12th April 2008, 01:34 AM
Hey,

I just got back from a two week trip to Maui, and had to stay in Kihei. We usually stayed in Haiku but no rentals available. Although the trip to the Kanaha Beach took over 30 minutes, it was fine. Being on vacation, we werent in any hurry anyways. I agree with an earlier poster than traffic has gotten worse, and it isnt an easy 15-minute ride at all. It probaby wasnt any farther than staying in Haiku, however, but the drive to the beach was less scenic, and mostly hot and dusty as opposed to cool sea breeze purdy view kind of ride. :)

Id still rather stay in Haiku if I have a choice. The TVR situation is going underground although. When I was here I made a few contacts for rentals next time on the northshore. All through word of mouth instead of through the usual booking agencies. Next time.

Cya--
Rob

County of Maui
12th April 2008, 02:39 AM
Any questions?

radio free america
12th April 2008, 02:51 AM
ill be at one next week,

HAH!!

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 07:06 AM
Good Luck County of Maui, cause yer gonna need it. Were coming, cant stop us. :) Im arrive next week and staying for three. Good times!! ;) Thats the problem when the government is unreasonable, the "problem" goes underground. All this means is the state and county are going to get even less taxes from those who tried to be legit. Owell, cest la vie.... :P

RobinHood
12th April 2008, 07:09 AM
me2 ;)

This crack down has totally unaffected our trip cause we became friends with owners of the place we stay at and they are fully booked because of it. They dont even need to advertise wich is how the county found the ones they closed. These guys dont even need to leave the house to get the place rented out. If anything, the crack down has increased their business. The county is clearly missing the mark.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 08:39 AM
Good Luck County of Maui, cause yer gonna need it. Were coming, cant stop us. :) Im arrive next week and staying for three. Good times!! ;) Thats the problem when the government is unreasonable, the "problem" goes underground. All this means is the state and county are going to get even less taxes from those who tried to be legit. Owell, cest la vie.... :P

Same thing with crack dealers - the county shuts one down, the others take up the slack. Why can't the county learn - just legalize crack, drunk driving, whatever. I mean, who needs zoning laws, right? We need Taco Bell in Haiku, maybe some porn shops, etc.

Hey at least you guys don't just selfishly care about saving a few bucks on your vacation, screw the community, and at least you're not coming here planning to break the laws and so on...

Oh wait, that's exactly what you are doing. Way to go - you make visitors look bad, and that's exactly why no one is gonna give a crap when the county shuts down your TVR and you end up camping in your rental car.

PS: FYI, most illegal TVRs don't pay taxes now, so nothing much changing there.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 08:42 AM
me2 ;)

This crack down has totally unaffected our trip cause we became friends with owners of the place we stay at and they are fully booked because of it. They dont even need to advertise wich is how the county found the ones they closed. These guys dont even need to leave the house to get the place rented out. If anything, the crack down has increased their business. The county is clearly missing the mark.

The county finds a LOT of illegal TVRs as a result of neighbors turning them in. Hope it works out for ya - but don't be surprised if it doesn't!

Narcs R Us
12th April 2008, 09:45 AM
The county finds a LOT of illegal TVRs as a result of neighbors turning them in. Hope it works out for ya - but don't be surprised if it doesn't!

Too many Euros and loud parties all night long....plus, who wants depreciating real estate value? The market is tanking as it is.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 11:37 AM
did you hear about the property that was confiscated by the feds? talk about stupid criminals, the owners had a tvr ohana unit and were busted for drugs. property, vehicles, windsurf gear all confiscated and auctioned off.

i gotta great deal on some stuff for cheap!

Ron44
12th April 2008, 11:44 AM
Same thing with crack dealers - the county shuts one down, the others take up the slack. Why can't the county learn - just legalize crack, drunk driving, whatever. I mean, who needs zoning laws, right? We need Taco Bell in Haiku, maybe some porn shops, etc.

Hey at least you guys don't just selfishly care about saving a few bucks on your vacation, screw the community, and at least you're not coming here planning to break the laws and so on...

Oh wait, that's exactly what you are doing. Way to go - you make visitors look bad, and that's exactly why no one is gonna give a crap when the county shuts down your TVR and you end up camping in your rental car.

PS: FYI, most illegal TVRs don't pay taxes now, so nothing much changing there.

Wow, Im starting to understand why Maui is so screwed up. TVRs are akin to crack, drunk driving, and hmmm lets add wife beating. Nice place to live. :) I see the priorities are WAY outta wack! LOL.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 11:50 AM
did you hear about the property that was confiscated by the feds? talk about stupid criminals, the owners had a tvr ohana unit and were busted for drugs. property, vehicles, windsurf gear all confiscated and auctioned off.

Sorry, this is actually false. Nice try. Im on the job and none of busts involved any TVRs and/or windsurfing equipment. And for your reference, any seizures from these kind of operations take over a year to go to trial and only after convictions are inventories sold in government auctions, sometimes pending appeal. If your gonna BS us, atleast make it believable.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 11:58 AM
it DID take over a year. almost 2.

better shut down your tvr and cut out the crack.

RobinHood
12th April 2008, 02:20 PM
I dont think any of us are feeling paranoid at all. Perhaps it the one making all the noise that is paranoid? :D I believe it was you acusing TVRs of raising your housing costs. Couldnt be the overall market could it. Better get cracking on your econ degree. Or therapy for your paranoia.

I'm looking forward to my vacation on Maui and I hope I see you at hookipa so I can laugh at you in person. Oh, thats right, your still sailing on the bunny slope. sucker...

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 07:12 PM
I said it last week, poi pounding for all Kaamahina and ohana, and recent haole tranplants if they want to stay in Maui long term, the root cause: fossil fuel prices. even costo co. will costs lots!!!
Signs of my prediction being correct since my post , 1st sign?? : aloha is gone, mesa group is crumbling.
( actually the 1st real sign was the TVR crackdown as a cheap shot maui county scapegoat for issues beyond the average persons countrol but i will look at that later)
the aloha pension fund is in trouble, and all current employess out of work.
Am I fearmongering? believe you me, i dont want the easy cheap life to end, OR to be the one to point at the writing on the wall.
The decrease in the trickle down economics of a threatened tourism base is going to hurt mauiains ....even the ones waaaay at the bottom. And its going to hurt bad.
this island has NO diverisified economy, there nothing to fall back on!!
The TVR crackdown is irrelevent as all MAuians will be scrambling to cope to pay bills for imported goods. Fuel for their vehicle and increasing payments over the long term due to the bad finance scam this year on ever more increasing leveraged debt.
back to the TVR issue, this is a scapegoat for the county to satislfy the grumbling of the disenfrancised . But ultimately those people whether truly hurt or just pissed at the
"rich Haole" are under threat from forces beyond their , Maui County the State Of Hawaii or the US of A.
Its unsustainable cheap oil.
Bush was trying to get some by putting the thumb on Iraq. But it wasnt that easy and wont be (How'd i get to the iraq issue you may ask .... bush is just trying to tie down a cheap source of oil, so the average american can sustain THIS lifestyle we have gotten used to.)
All new oil reserves world wide are down, easy to get out oil in the ground is waaaay down, sweet crude its called, the cheap 1 barrel of equivalent oil energy used to get even 37 out (texas oil days) is ONLY cheap with oil in the middle east) tar sands in canada ( touted as the cure for north american energy woes are 1 barrel to every 4 you extract!!)
bad times...
watch for more signs on the road to taro pounding in a valley near you.

Unregistered
12th April 2008, 09:23 PM
TVR`s are as fast as Porsche ;half price and sound twice as good.And theyre built right ere in sunny Blackpool.Come here intsead.Sailing is loads better than Maui;besides last year all you 52nd Staters were moaning about WS being banned.
Stop whinging ;you live in Paradise.
You telling me its not worth a 30 min drive to sail ????!!!

Shazoo
13th April 2008, 02:02 AM

Wow, you live on Maui and are taking pleasure in obtaining other peoples gear which was "allegedly" confiscated from vacationing tourists staying in a TVR durring a drug bust? You really are the kind of shit Haole we keep hearing about living on Maui. However, your story is incredibly unbelievable, and the other poster seems to know it as well who works "the beat" on Maui. Yer laughable. Your whole ant-TVR rants are meaningless. The real estate prices in the US have been booming for years leading to higher prices, not some pidly 1-3% of housing being used for TVRs. You really think we are all that stupid. Yer just on the "localism" band wagon. Enjoy it, cause its a short ride to the pot, and Maui is getting there fast with all the loss of jobs and shrinking tourist economy. Good luck.

Im sure now that the real estate prices are going to tank I suppose your gonna say SEE LOOK MY HOUSING PRICES ARE DOWN. Yea, all cause of TVR crack down. Are you sure you didnt smoke any of that crack from the auction as well?

Oh, and btw, Im too am staying in a TVR on the northshore that I obtained through word of mouth. Good luck NARC in stopping it.

Unregistered
13th April 2008, 02:53 AM
Wow the threads getting .....radical.
anyways ,
shazoo will be maui after next week maybe see you at kanaha. Probably sailing a kombat or pure acid with naish or neilpryde sail....
LOL easy to pick out of the mix LOL...
have fun man its gonna be great!!!
star-boarder thread posters unite!!!
peeeeeace out.
shredulato

Unregistered
13th April 2008, 03:48 AM
I dont think any of us are feeling paranoid at all. Perhaps it the one making all the noise that is paranoid? :D I believe it was you acusing TVRs of raising your housing costs. Couldnt be the overall market could it. Better get cracking on your econ degree. Or therapy for your paranoia.

I'm looking forward to my vacation on Maui and I hope I see you at hookipa so I can laugh at you in person. Oh, thats right, your still sailing on the bunny slope. sucker...

TVRs contributed a lot to the speculative housing market in Haiku - 150 $USD per night income is one of the few ways to justify spending half a mil on a 1000 sq ft cane shack out in the jungle. Didn't they teach you about stuff like that in your econ class at the community college?

Can't wait to see you out shredding Ho'okipa and laughing at the locals...you GO, girl!

Unregistered
13th April 2008, 03:55 AM
Wow, Im starting to understand why Maui is so screwed up. TVRs are akin to crack, drunk driving, and hmmm lets add wife beating. Nice place to live. :) I see the priorities are WAY outta wack! LOL.

I never equated TVRs with crack - I just pointed out that the posters logic for justifying TVRs could equally be applied to things like crack and drunk driving laws, which are also difficult to enforce.

I even added the part about zoning laws to put things in proper perspective, but maybe that as beyond your 5 word comprehension limit?

Anyhoo, nice try, troll!

Unregistered
13th April 2008, 04:19 AM
Wow, you live on Maui and are taking pleasure in obtaining other peoples gear which was "allegedly" confiscated from vacationing tourists staying in a TVR durring a drug bust? You really are the kind of shit Haole we keep hearing about living on Maui. However, your story is incredibly unbelievable, and the other poster seems to know it as well who works "the beat" on Maui. Yer laughable. Your whole ant-TVR rants are meaningless. The real estate prices in the US have been booming for years leading to higher prices, not some pidly 1-3% of housing being used for TVRs. You really think we are all that stupid. Yer just on the "localism" band wagon. Enjoy it, cause its a short ride to the pot, and Maui is getting there fast with all the loss of jobs and shrinking tourist economy. Good luck.

Im sure now that the real estate prices are going to tank I suppose your gonna say SEE LOOK MY HOUSING PRICES ARE DOWN. Yea, all cause of TVR crack down. Are you sure you didnt smoke any of that crack from the auction as well?

Oh, and btw, Im too am staying in a TVR on the northshore that I obtained through word of mouth. Good luck NARC in stopping it.

I don't think that was an 'anti TVR rant' - I think it was a straight up TROLL post.

As for the rest of your post, let's see...if the 1500 (plus) TVRs make up 1-3% of the total housing that would put between 50,000 and 150,000 houses in Haiku. You sure you wanna run that dog?

As for the Maui economy, don't forget the weak dollar and the international tourism at the big resorts. As ugly as they are, those resorts that are the real backbone of our tourist economy and coincidentally provide the bulk of the tourism related jobs (with actual benefits, health insurance etc!). Sure, we're gonna take a hit - but it will be far from a doomsday scenario, and in some ways, it might be a good thing, giving Maui an opportunity to shift gears and work towards sustainable growth and a better future.

Aloha

Shazoo
13th April 2008, 08:35 AM
Wow the threads getting .....radical.
anyways ,
shazoo will be maui after next week maybe see you at kanaha. Probably sailing a kombat or pure acid with naish or neilpryde sail....
LOL easy to pick out of the mix LOL...
have fun man its gonna be great!!!
star-boarder thread posters unite!!!
peeeeeace out.
shredulato

Actually, we will be sailing either Hookipa or Spreks and Im on a quiver of Ezzy sails and Quatro boards, thank you, DAVE/PIO, very much. :) And I will be easy to spot, I will be the one busting the one handed arials! lol Come down and see us having a good time!!

Unregistered
15th April 2008, 10:02 AM
i might try sprecks this time, closer to the break then sailing out and upwind at kanaha but the beach seems so secluded is it safe for the rental car and wife to sit with a camera there??
shredulato

RobinHood
23rd April 2008, 07:43 AM
One week down, one week to go. Been LOVIN life at Hookipa, staying in my TVR. Im not sure where all the big mouth Haole pretend locals are, but, they seem to be hiding in the bushes. Every local person I have spoken to here is pissed about the TVR shutdown and wants Tavaras OUT. If my sampling of people who I spoke to who live here is any indication, the anti-TVR big mouths here are in the minority. In a big way.

I even got to speak to the neighbors of the TVR Im staying in and they are real cool people. They said they ever had any trouble with the visitors and actually enjoyed meeting the new people. We have shared BBQ, Cold Beer, and Sashimi a few nights in a row with them. We even got some fresh fish off the local guys across the street. They were wicked nice as well.

Anyways, maybe Im just lucky but all this seems like smoke and no fire.

Windsurfing has been fun. A tad gusty but the waves have been decent. A bit choppy but all in all, feelin good.............. y'all should have been here..... :) Anyone thinking of cancelling their trip, dont even think about it. come on down... the water is beeeutifulllll.....

Unregistered
23rd April 2008, 08:19 AM
One week down, one week to go. Been LOVIN life at Hookipa, staying in my TVR. Im not sure where all the big mouth Haole pretend locals are, but, they seem to be hiding in the bushes. Every local person I have spoken to here is pissed about the TVR shutdown and wants Tavaras OUT. If my sampling of people who I spoke to who live here is any indication, the anti-TVR big mouths here are in the minority. In a big way.

I even got to speak to the neighbors of the TVR Im staying in and they are real cool people. They said they ever had any trouble with the visitors and actually enjoyed meeting the new people. We have shared BBQ, Cold Beer, and Sashimi a few nights in a row with them. We even got some fresh fish off the local guys across the street. They were wicked nice as well.

Anyways, maybe Im just lucky but all this seems like smoke and no fire.

Windsurfing has been fun. A tad gusty but the waves have been decent. A bit choppy but all in all, feelin good.............. y'all should have been here..... :) Anyone thinking of cancelling their trip, dont even think about it. come on down... the water is beeeutifulllll.....

Wow, the locals sure are lucky to have you post on a windsurfing forum and speak for them! Thank God you were able to visit Maui and clear all that up!

Humuhumunukuapuaa
23rd April 2008, 10:54 AM
Wow, the locals sure are lucky to have you post on a windsurfing forum and speak for them! Thank God you were able to visit Maui and clear all that up!

No, the locals are REALLY lucky to have YOU speaking for them, Haole boy. ;) hahahahaha.

Unregistered
23rd April 2008, 01:16 PM
No, the locals are REALLY lucky to have YOU speaking for them, Haole boy. ;) hahahahaha.

Hey, you spelled 'humuhumunukunukuapua'a' wrong, 'Local' boy. ;) hahahahaha.

Dolf
24th April 2008, 01:56 AM
I assume that it was North Sails doing a photo shoot at Kanaha, Maui, Hawaii on April 20, 2008 since a lot of the gang were wearing North Sails T shirts. They dumped their gear on the pathways making it difficult for everyone else to have beach access. Their behaviour was loud, rude and in your face. They acted as if the ocean, the beach and the park belonged to them. In my 30 years of coming to Maui I have seen many fun photo shoots but this was appalling.

The fact that they pissed off the other windsurfers and had some altercations with some of them, is not as important as, of all days, they picked a Sunday, which is when the park was packed full of locals. Given the frustration that the locals seem to be venting as animosity to windsurfers with the recent problems and restrictions at Hookipa and for the windsurfing schools, this could easily be the kick in the teeth to the locals that is going to result in serious negative repercussions to the whole windsurfing community. At the end of the day a local had an altercation with a HST instructor about what jackasses windsurfers were. He of course generalized as he did not have the knowledge to differentiate the few rotten apples. I am afraid that this is another incident that will continue the suffering of our sport in Maui.

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 02:19 AM
Hey, you spelled 'humuhumunukunukuapua'a' wrong, 'Local' boy. ;) hahahahaha.

Im not local. :P LOL. My point was, who ordained you, Haole boy, to speak for locals. I dont even live on Maui. Never been. Sorry if my spelling is off. Who cares. The point is, just as you chastised another for speaking their opinion, yours is much of the same. An opinion. You dont speak for them any more than anyone else does.

FatBastard
24th April 2008, 02:25 AM
I assume that it was North Sails doing a photo shoot at Kanaha, Maui, Hawaii on April 20, 2008 since a lot of the gang were wearing North Sails T shirts. They dumped their gear on the pathways making it difficult for everyone else to have beach access. Their behaviour was loud, rude and in your face. They acted as if the ocean, the beach and the park belonged to them. In my 30 years of coming to Maui I have seen many fun photo shoots but this was appalling.

Should have been there on Saturday. There was two photo shoots going on (Mistral and Fanatic I believe), plus a windsurfing race that finished at Kanaha. No parking. Lines out to the street. It almost felt like summer. Luckily I missed any drama as I was on the water most of the day. The place was wicked jammed!

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 03:22 AM
Im not local. :P LOL. My point was, who ordained you, Haole boy, to speak for locals. I dont even live on Maui. Never been. Sorry if my spelling is off. Who cares. The point is, just as you chastised another for speaking their opinion, yours is much of the same. An opinion. You dont speak for them any more than anyone else does.

Dude, I'm not 'local' either (at least in the racial sense - although I have lived here longer than quite a few 'local's, I'm still 'haole').

And while it is great that the guy was able to experience some real Aloha (the very thing most of us, in our own way, are trying to preserve), it was frikken stupid for him to act like an authority on a divisive community issue after a week on the island.

My opinions are my own - I don't speak for anyone else - but I was also at a couple county council meetings, and I heard a lot of very emotional anti illegal TVR testimony - about 90% were strongly against it. Not one haole testified against the TVRs - it was 100% 'local', and it was that testimony that ultimately shaped the county's policy. That wasn't me 'speaking for someone else' - that was an observation.

Of course there are two sides to every story, and it looks like the issue is going to be resolved with some compromise on both sides. I think that is a good thing - the community is working out it's differences over illegal TVRs with a bit of aloha from both parties, and we can move on to more serious issues, like ocean access.

As for your poor spelling, that just made your race-baiting a little more ironic.

Aloha

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 04:45 AM
As for your poor spelling, that just made your race-baiting a little more ironic.

Ha! Im sorry. I didnt realize that Humuhumunukunukuapuaa (Did I get it right this time?) is such a racial term. When did fish become another race? Wow, hawaii truly is diverse. Cool! Do they want their ocean back too? LOL.

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 05:34 AM
Did I get it right this time?

No. Sorry - it seems 'getting things right' is not your strong suit.

Local Mocal
24th April 2008, 05:36 AM
Just curious.

C. K. Offett
24th April 2008, 06:40 AM
I'm sick of people who don't even live on Maui making expert pronouncements about what goes on here. And I'm sick of seeing the same people going around disrespectfully like they own the place. It's not your skin color, it's your attitude. You're not welcome here. Nobody needs your money. Stay away.

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm sick of people who don't even live on Maui making expert pronouncements about what goes on here. And I'm sick of seeing the same people going around disrespectfully like they own the place. It's not your skin color, it's your attitude. You're not welcome here. Nobody needs your money. Stay away.

So much for the welcome wagon! hehe

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 09:12 AM
So much for the welcome wagon! hehe

I honestly don't think 'disrespectful' people are welcome anywhere - or did you miss that part of the guys post?!

Aloha

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 10:12 AM
I honestly don't think 'disrespectful' people are welcome anywhere - or did you miss that part of the guys post?!

Aloha

LOL. You guys are WOUND TOO TIGHT to be livin in paradise. Sheesh.

Unregistered
24th April 2008, 11:17 AM
LOL. You guys are WOUND TOO TIGHT to be livin in paradise. Sheesh.

Dude, not 'wound too tight' - just tired of people who apparently can't read making stupid posts about things they apparently don't understand.

Bowdine
25th April 2008, 01:09 AM
Dude, not 'wound too tight' - just tired of people who apparently can't read making stupid posts about things they apparently don't understand.

awwwww. pooor baby. somebody loose their rattle. cry me a river, mate. so misunderstood. never knew maui windsurfers were such whiners. f*** sake. if its so hard on you then off to the womens forum, i believe its much tamer there. cheers!

_b

DaFunk
25th April 2008, 07:04 AM
awwwww. pooor baby. somebody loose their rattle. cry me a river, mate. so misunderstood. never knew maui windsurfers were such whiners. f*** sake. if its so hard on you then off to the womens forum, i believe its much tamer there. cheers!

_b

Finally someone with some brains on here.

Unregistered
29th April 2008, 03:41 AM
OK, cancel a trip to Maui? I just got back & the traffic was a bit, but not enough to cancel a trip, you are in paradise. Wind was up almost every day AND Kihei has many more bars & eateries just like Lahaina, but more parties there. As stated before, Kihei has a few places to sail, it is awesome, so the drive will not be that bad. Hey, you are on a great island & enjoy the otehr stuff there, too. I have been going to Maui since the '70's, & yes, traffic has gotten worse, but remember, there are two other ways to cross & you have a lot of time to sail...6 hours/day?

Hope your friends re-think the trip.

29th April 2008, 10:14 AM
As previously mentioned, profanity will not be tolerated. Your IP has been noted. If you choose to ignore this warning, you will be banned.

_b

Mister Tee
29th April 2008, 01:46 PM
Bowdine, you show up here in Maui once more, your derriere is grass, and I'm the lawnmower.

By the way, Bowdine, and you too, DaFunk, where do you jokers live? I wanna come to your neighborhood, and trash it.

Dr Phil
29th April 2008, 03:06 PM
As previously mentioned, profanity will not be tolerated. Your IP has been noted. If you choose to ignore this warning, you will be banned.

My my aren't we sensitive? just exactly where in this comment is the profanity located reverend billy bob *board. Seems to me if you are going to make interpretations, i suggest you also threaten to ban Mr Tee as his post can easily also be interpreted as a clear threat of violence to another person.
Now you tell me which is potentially worse.
BTW I thought this was supposed to be a "free forum" or are we gonna get sermons next?

Bowdine - Moderator
30th April 2008, 09:39 AM
Bowdine, you show up here in Maui once more, your derriere is grass, and I'm the lawnmower.

By the way, Bowdine, and you too, DaFunk, where do you jokers live? I wanna come to your neighborhood, and trash it.

hahaha. so, yer gonna sodomize me now, or are you too busy playing moderator now? lol try again wanker. yer barking up the wrong tree. :D i'll be there in november. we can dance if you like. we got plenty of yer type here in sydney. not a problem mate!

Unregistered
30th April 2008, 09:57 AM

Oh geez. I see the Maui mentality is showing here now. Get a life. I agree with Bowdine. You are a whiner. Get over it. Go sail.

Mister Tee
30th April 2008, 11:10 AM
hahaha. so, yer gonna sodomize me now, or are you too busy playing moderator now? lol try again wanker. yer barking up the wrong tree. :D i'll be there in november. we can dance if you like. we got plenty of yer type here in sydney. not a problem mate!

Bowdine, On second thought, I shall not go anywhere near your neighborhood in Sydney, as it's already trashed, because YOU live there! Thanks for saving me the trip. Although, it's time that someone taught all you convicts' sons and daughters a thing or two about manners.

Habib
30th April 2008, 01:43 PM
Bowdine, On second thought, I shall not go anywhere near your neighborhood in Sydney, as it's already trashed, because YOU live there! Thanks for saving me the trip. Although, it's time that someone taught all you convicts' sons and daughters a thing or two about manners.

Hey crack head, save u the trip to get here...yeah sure... once youv'e collected enough bottles and cans from all the dumpsters on the Nth shore to get a little cash happening. Anytime you feel u have the stones to come to Sydney and teach us ol boys bout manners be my guest, hey.. could even take up a collection to get your lame arse out here. 2035 is the post code, Maroubra is the beach, come on down and "educate" us bout being convicts' sons and daughters, bitch.
Nevertheless, i will also be there in Oct/Nov with a few of my convict mates, havin a whale of a time, maybe you can come watch us at Hookipa, and after that you can then kiss my white Aussie arse ....WANKER

Mister Tee
30th April 2008, 11:26 PM
...maybe you can come watch us at Hookipa...

Bowdine, Habib, and the rest of you, don't even bother coming to Ho'okipa, because, if you do, I shall be taking every wave from you, like candy from a baby, leaving you to wonder, why did you travel so far, and spend so much money, just to be made a fool of, in public. Stick to the kiddie pool, where you belong.

Bowdine
1st May 2008, 02:40 AM
Bowdine, Habib, and the rest of you, don't even bother coming to Ho'okipa, because, if you do, I shall be taking every wave from you, like candy from a baby, leaving you to wonder, why did you travel so far, and spend so much money, just to be made a fool of, in public. Stick to the kiddie pool, where you belong.

Ha! Nice one. How are yer doubles coming along? Push loops? Can ya alteast do a wave-360, mate? lol. f****** wankers. :) This should be good.

Mister Tee
1st May 2008, 04:03 AM
Bowdine, you are an arrogant jerk, and you will be put in your place. A little dose of public humiliation is just what the doctor ordered for you. Too bad it has to wait till the fall. Now, it's getting to be sailing time, and I shall be off to Ho'okipa shortly. See you in the fall, you ridiculous clown.

Unregistered
1st May 2008, 05:29 AM
Ha! Nice one. How are yer doubles coming along? Push loops? Can ya alteast do a wave-360, mate? lol. f****** wankers. :) This should be good.

Best poser post ever. Now go do your homework before your mom gets mad.

Unregistered
1st May 2008, 02:29 PM
Best poser post ever. Now go do your homework before your mom gets mad.

Man, I never imagined the Maui windsurfers on this forum were such whining pussies. Just amazing. Im going to be there end of October beginning of November, looking forward to seeing you ladies at Hookipa. hehe. And, yes, Im staying in a TVR. So, cry me a river. :)

Mister Tee
2nd May 2008, 12:27 AM
Man, I never imagined the Maui windsurfers on this forum were such whining pussies. Just amazing. Im going to be there end of October beginning of November...

Listen, pal, if you've got a problem with us here on Maui, simple, don't come here, stay home, or go somewhere else. You won't be missed.

Bowdine
2nd May 2008, 02:48 AM
Listen, pal, if you've got a problem with us here on Maui, simple, don't come here, stay home, or go somewhere else. You won't be missed.

Nah, mate. Just the maui whiners on this forum (actually, it seems, its just you, really). Have lots of friends on Maui who sail, you cant hold a candle to'm or any of us from the aussie crew. I showed them this thread and they concurred. Yer not in the mainstream, buddy. Sorry. Keep on whining or pull up yer panties and grow some, ok?

steveC
2nd May 2008, 08:41 AM
Are you guys done trying to pee on each other? Who's the dominant male here? Really, it's a bit laughable if you look at it. One has to truly wonder about the credibility and substance of the current argument, since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere important.

Unregistered
2nd May 2008, 09:45 AM
Are you guys done trying to pee on each other? Who's the dominant male here? Really, it's a bit laughable if you look at it. One has to truly wonder about the credibility and substance of the current argument, since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere important.

SteveC, you are now 2 for 2 in my book, our earlier disagreement about TVRs notwithstanding.

My experience with this particular brand of 'aussie' is that they tend to pee on themselves most of the time. Not sure if it is the inbreeding, or just their inability to cope after half a beer.

Aloha

Mister Tee
2nd May 2008, 01:35 PM
My experience with this particular brand of 'aussie' is that they tend to pee on themselves most of the time. Not sure if it is the inbreeding, or just their inability to cope after half a beer.

How funny! I've actually seen that. Aussies peeing on themselves. I think it's one of their national pastimes. This Bowdine is doing an exceptionally fine job of it, don't you think?

Habib
2nd May 2008, 02:14 PM
SteveC, you are now 2 for 2 in my book, our earlier disagreement about TVRs notwithstanding.

Aloha

I find this amazing, the second poster who has stooped to the racist level.ausssie "brand" inbred this, convict that, such sensitive little pussies.... I have an ausssie / middle eastern background FYI, and much respect for my US / Euro friends not only here, Maui, allover. You Mister Pee and co are nothing short of narrow minded, racist homophobes. Cant handle a little stick, then go on the racist rant.
What happened, Aussie touris shag your missus?
But hey buddy you ever heard bout people who live in glass houses? Wanna talk inbreeding? I think it was you guys who gave the world Gerry Springer BWAAH HAAA HAAA, On todays show we have Guber, who wants to marry his sister but cant cuz shes pregnant to her poppa.... BWAAHH HAAA HAAAH Hey Mr Pee are you Guber?.. you are arent u ah the penny's dropped.
Like i said in my earlier post 2035 is the post code, Maroubra is the beach, come on down and "educate" us bout being convicts sons and daughters, inbreeeds whatever BITCHES.
Oct / Nov come on down.
Now go no back to Kanaha, with your SUV's, 130ltr boards, and practice your jibes like the nice little girls you are.

Unregistered
2nd May 2008, 06:22 PM
habib, ya manyouk, kiss ummak, sharmouta, khara aleik, rouh shouflak shei' ghayro kabul ma tiji la hon titfalsaf aaleina.

Unregistered
2nd May 2008, 07:12 PM
I think it was you guys who gave the world Gerry Springer BWAAH HAAA HAAA, On todays show...

I wonder what this guy is doing watching Springer, when he could be... practicing his triple forwards? Loser.

Unregistered
2nd May 2008, 11:02 PM
this is great! just like the old forum. keep it going guys :)

HapaHaole
3rd May 2008, 01:11 AM
this is great! just like the old forum. keep it going guys :)

I was thinking the same exact thing. :) The lone desparado, fighting the TVRs, against the horde of island visitors, wanting a piece of paradise, but, for only a week. Some how I think there are more important issues facing our island and our sport. But, none the less, the entertainment value of this thread alone is worth the bandwidth it consumes. Flame on...........

Anowan
3rd May 2008, 01:18 AM
please guys stop it please.
Think about the children !
THINK ABOOT TEH CHEELDREN !!!!!

seriously just chill, all of you.

Unregistered
3rd May 2008, 03:11 AM
please guys stop it please.
Think about the children !
THINK ABOOT TEH CHEELDREN !!!!!

seriously just chill, all of you.

what you going on about!

carry on habib i'm sure more disrespect is coming your way mate. my advise is a pre-emptive strike. A bit like g. bush but with brains.

nothing like a bit of bush......

Unregistered
3rd May 2008, 03:53 AM
what you going on about!

nothing like a bit of bush......

I hear you there, bush, brazilian love em all
gonna get me some on Maui, most likely the missus of these wankers while theyr'e down at kanaha getting jibe lessons.
After that i'll drink their beer and piss on their lawn.

Charlie Baker
4th May 2008, 01:39 AM
I just happen upon this thread and am really shocked. I have been to Maui so many times I cant even count and have never found the people of Maui to act like the "malahini" here in this forum. Its truly an embarrasement. I feel for those of you who have never been to Maui and the impression you must have. Dont let this person sway your decisions and travel plans. He is not represenative of the kind of people you will find here. Aloha.

RobSwift
5th May 2008, 07:05 PM
I just happen upon this thread and am really shocked. I have been to Maui so many times I cant even count and have never found the people of Maui to act like the "malahini" here in this forum. Its truly an embarrasement. I feel for those of you who have never been to Maui and the impression you must have. Dont let this person sway your decisions and travel plans. He is not represenative of the kind of people you will find here. Aloha. I've never been to Maui but only find this thread amusing. It's typical of internet forums. No wonder the Chinese censor it heavily.

Unregistered
6th May 2008, 02:32 AM
I find this amazing, the second poster who has stooped to the racist level.ausssie "brand" inbred this, convict that, such sensitive little pussies.... I have an ausssie / middle eastern background FYI, and much respect for my US / Euro friends not only here, Maui, allover. You Mister Pee and co are nothing short of narrow minded, racist homophobes. Cant handle a little stick, then go on the racist rant.
What happened, Aussie touris shag your missus?
But hey buddy you ever heard bout people who live in glass houses? Wanna talk inbreeding? I think it was you guys who gave the world Gerry Springer BWAAH HAAA HAAA, On todays show we have Guber, who wants to marry his sister but cant cuz shes pregnant to her poppa.... BWAAHH HAAA HAAAH Hey Mr Pee are you Guber?.. you are arent u ah the penny's dropped.
Like i said in my earlier post 2035 is the post code, Maroubra is the beach, come on down and "educate" us bout being convicts sons and daughters, inbreeeds whatever BITCHES.
Oct / Nov come on down.
Now go no back to Kanaha, with your SUV's, 130ltr boards, and practice your jibes like the nice little girls you are.

Dude, you are such a pussy. First you come on here and slag everybody off while claiming you're pulling doubles and wave 360s. Then when people call you on it, we're 'narrow minded racist homophobes'? Let me set you straight:

1) No one had any idea of your race or that you were gay until your quoted post above. There was no racism - you actually DO sound like an inbred 12 year old on the wrong side of his first Bud light.

2) If you come to Maui, respect the 'aina and play nice, you will be 100% welcome. That is how it has always been here.

There are lots of cool people from all over the world that visit Maui. There are also the occasional arrogant losers with with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Sadly, your posting style pretty firmly places you in the latter category. Then again, maybe you're ok in person, and it's just the internet that makes you put on your judgmental tough guy act. I hope so, both for your sake, and the sake of the people that live here.

Aloha

Habib
6th May 2008, 04:17 AM
Dude, you are such a pussy. First you come on here and slag everybody off while claiming you're pulling doubles and wave 360s. Then when people call you on it, we're 'narrow minded racist homophobes'? Let me set you straight:

1) No one had any idea of your race or that you were gay until your quoted post above. There was no racism - you actually DO sound like an inbred 12 year old on the wrong side of his first Bud light.

2) If you come to Maui, respect the 'aina and play nice, you will be 100% welcome. That is how it has always been here.

There are lots of cool people from all over the world that visit Maui. There are also the occasional arrogant losers with with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Sadly, your posting style pretty firmly places you in the latter category. Then again, maybe you're ok in person, and it's just the internet that makes you put on your judgmental tough guy act. I hope so, both for your sake, and the sake of the people that live here.

Aloha

Before i set YOU sraight buddy.

Mate put your glasses on and carefully read the posts and the tell me precisely where i Habib claimed to pull double forwards, wave 360's etc... 1ST MISTAKE

Then if you look about the time i interjected it was only after Aussies were refered to as convicts, inbreeds etc. When someone slags a person(s) using reference to their country, race culture etc...they are a racist, pure and simple, try pull that sit on a Af American or asian,middle eastern forum. 2ND MISTAKE
As for being gay, "not that theres anything wrong with that" you cuold only wish.3RD MISTAKE.

Bud lite - Nah no way, not even in the middle of the Simpson desert. 4th MISTAKE

There are lots of cool people from all over the world that visit Maui. AGREE

There are also the occasional arrogant losers with with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. AGREE -These guys usually go there to live, end up around sprecks, sugar cove, and stable road.

" it's just the internet that makes you put on your judgmental tough guy act" Again buddy break out your bi-focals, because i aint Robinson Caruso here, and many of the posters you appear to be lauding have been far more judgemental and even implied threats of violence. So if you are going to be the moral moderator here, do it with a more balanced approach.

Now back to school you go sonny, and research your material a little better next time.

Unregistered
6th May 2008, 04:57 AM
Before i set YOU sraight buddy.

Mate put your glasses on and carefully read the posts and the tell me precisely where i Habib claimed to pull double forwards, wave 360's etc... 1ST MISTAKE

Then if you look about the time i interjected it was only after Aussies were refered to as convicts, inbreeds etc. When someone slags a person(s) using reference to their country, race culture etc...they are a racist, pure and simple, try pull that sit on a Af American or asian,middle eastern forum. 2ND MISTAKE
As for being gay, "not that theres anything wrong with that" you cuold only wish.3RD MISTAKE.

Bud lite - Nah no way, not even in the middle of the Simpson desert. 4th MISTAKE

There are lots of cool people from all over the world that visit Maui. AGREE

There are also the occasional arrogant losers with with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. AGREE -These guys usually go there to live, end up around sprecks, sugar cove, and stable road.

" it's just the internet that makes you put on your judgmental tough guy act" Again buddy break out your bi-focals, because i aint Robinson Caruso here, and many of the posters you appear to be lauding have been far more judgemental and even implied threats of violence. So if you are going to be the moral moderator here, do it with a more balanced approach.

Now back to school you go sonny, and research your material a little better next time.

So 'Australian' is a 'race'? And YOU think I need to go back to school?

As for the rest of your post:

Arrogance - check
Judgmental tough guy act - check
Chip on shoulder - check

Don't forget - YOU were the guy who brought 'homophobia' into the equation. Seemed a little, uh, 'sensitive' at the time.

At least we agree that 'Mr Tee' is a twat and Bud light sucks!

Aloha

PS Were you referring to 'Robinson Caruso' the famous shipwrecked tenor?

Unregistered
6th May 2008, 09:52 AM
this thread HAS devolved!! back from maui, 4.2 for a week exhausted... second last day in the washing bowl at kanaha busted a move busted my foot.
stayed in kihei and not a bad drive north to kanaha , stayed a a TVR also for a few days it was foir sale.
locals all nice people ( many drivers however are aggressive, gassing it to stop just short of the red light in plain sight = plain stupid )
again no matter what the job, people were golden , unbelievably nice... no hassles at all from anyone.
i have to say this the aloha spirit of people agian shone thru in maui, and never seems to dissapoint.
maui has tough times ahead but has virtues that other locales just plain dont have. The Sun and sea , heat wind, and tides = free energy.
in saying that i wonder how much alternative energy sources are being embraced by the locals. do many hang the laundry out or pay for electric dryers = a dreadfull waste in such a climate .
and seeing all the big trucks and all wheel drive sport utes there,some macismo attitude, clean too no mudding seemed to be going with those monster tires.
many people just cannot complain of house pricing financing and gasssing up these monsters. no sympathy at all in light of the TVR issue.

Bowdine
6th May 2008, 12:58 PM

Aloha

Nice try. I was the poster talking about the moves, not Habib. Habib bit yer head off cause you were slagging ausies. Get it straight, menehune ( I assume yer the little people, yea?). :P

Btw, found out a bit about you and your "real" persona on island. Quite funny. I wish I could post photos on here. You should be careful about who you talk to mate. Not all yer friends are yer friends. ;) Looking forward to November. You should give Hookipa a try for a change. It may help with your TVR angst. lol.

Unregistered
6th May 2008, 03:24 PM

_b

Here's your first post, 'big' guy - note the complete lack of aloha, and amazing similarity to Habib. Shoots, anyone could make that mistake :)

And dude, I'm not slagging aussies - I'm slagging guys that act like complete wankers on internet forums some of whom (more than one, according to you) happen to be from Australia.

Your pal, who STILL isn't 'Mr Tee'

Bowdine
7th May 2008, 12:32 AM
Here's your first post, 'big' guy - note the complete lack of aloha, and amazing similarity to Habib. Shoots, anyone could make that mistake :)

And dude, I'm not slagging aussies - I'm slagging guys that act like complete wankers on internet forums some of whom (more than one, according to you) happen to be from Australia.

Your pal, who STILL isn't 'Mr Tee'

Nah, we just react the same way to you whiners. You still crying on the inside? lol. I read online even your local council is considering stopping the crack down on the TVRs. You should be sure to show up there and give your weeping testimony. :) Maybe I could watch it on Akaku website too. :D Waaaaa WWwaaaaa...

Unregistered
7th May 2008, 02:19 AM
Nah, we just react the same way to you whiners. You still crying on the inside? lol. I read online even your local council is considering stopping the crack down on the TVRs. You should be sure to show up there and give your weeping testimony. :) Maybe I could watch it on Akaku website too. :D Waaaaa WWwaaaaa...

The Maui council is considering a compromise that would allow (currently illegal) TVRs in residential zoned areas so long as the owner was onsite. I'm fine with that - I think that would work fine for the community. Since you or someone you know probably attended a meeting or two, you must be aware that ALL of the anti TVR testimony came from locals, and ALL of the pro TVR testimony came from people who were making money from them. Most of the latter were haoles. Some of the haoles had an attitude that was not far from your own - gee, I wonder if that had anything to do with the way the county over-reacted?

Aloha

Unregistered
7th May 2008, 03:15 AM
geeez louise
whats with you guys. i'm am aussie living and sailing in nz. i've sailed europe, us and maui and never had any problems. maybe the problem is in your heads. do you find aggressive people everywhere you go because if you do them your the start of the problem. people are what you treat them as. they are all fair and decent if treated that way. i,m coming back to maui soon and don't expect any problems.
peace

Bowdine
7th May 2008, 05:54 AM
geeez louise
whats with you guys. i'm am aussie living and sailing in nz. i've sailed europe, us and maui and never had any problems. maybe the problem is in your heads. do you find aggressive people everywhere you go because if you do them your the start of the problem. people are what you treat them as. they are all fair and decent if treated that way. i,m coming back to maui soon and don't expect any problems.
peace

Amen, brother.

Unregistered
7th May 2008, 07:28 AM
Amen, brother.

Uh, Dude - I think he was talkin' to YOU.

Unregistered
7th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Uh, Dude - I think he was talkin' to YOU.

actually, i was referring to you. sorry.

Mister Tee
7th May 2008, 01:15 PM
Bowdine, Habib, you Southern hemisphere swine, lay off that other dude, he's not Mister Tee.

I'm taking you on. Both. At Ho'okipa. I've got you outnumbered, so you better call for reinforcements. When I am done with you, you will probably re-examine many things about yourselves, you smelly elves, including your choice of sexual preference, not to mention your waterstarts, which you never mastered. Not surprising. Arse-wipes.

Not only that, I am reporting your illegal TVRs to the County, and getting them shut down, right out from under you. Better make some alternate accommodation plans, bird-brains.

One more thing. Nobody knows you here. Nobody. I asked around at the beach - that would be Ho'okipa, where I sail daily, you ignoramus clods, about any rude loud-mouthed Australians making fools of themselves on the Starboard forum. If anybody knows you, they are too embarrassed or ashamed to own up to it, so they would just as soon throw you under the bus. Where you belong.

Signed: The one, the only, Mister Tee.

Bowdine
7th May 2008, 04:43 PM
actually, i was referring to you. sorry.

Oh, snap! hehe...

Bowdine
7th May 2008, 04:45 PM
Bowdine, Habib, you Southern hemisphere swine, lay off that other dude, he's not Mister Tee.

I'm taking you on. Both. At Ho'okipa. I've got you outnumbered, so you better call for reinforcements. When I am done with you, you will probably re-examine many things about yourselves, you smelly elves, including your choice of sexual preference, not to mention your waterstarts, which you never mastered. Not surprising. Arse-wipes.

Not only that, I am reporting your illegal TVRs to the County, and getting them shut down, right out from under you. Better make some alternate accommodation plans, bird-brains.

One more thing. Nobody knows you here. Nobody. I asked around at the beach - that would be Ho'okipa, where I sail daily, you ignoramus clods, about any rude loud-mouthed Australians making fools of themselves on the Starboard forum. If anybody knows you, they are too embarrassed or ashamed to own up to it, so they would just as soon throw you under the bus. Where you belong.

Schizophrenia must run in your family, ya poor bastard. Its ok, you'll figure it out. Be sure to mask your IP next time. LOL.

Shazoo
7th May 2008, 05:12 PM
Man, I cant believe this thread is still going on....

I am back from my vacation on Maui. Winds have been awsome, waves kind small but all in all, cant complain!! This whole TVR issue is seems to be much ado about nothing. The other sailors I got to know at Hookipa were all staying in TVRs and said they hadnt had any trouble. I guess the county has stopped closing down the rentals. So, thats seems to be good news. I had heard there was some county movement on stopping the closures. Anyone with reservations I would not bother cancelling cause it will be a moot point soon. I know the businesses on the north shore will be glad for that. I spoke to Jacque from Jacques Bistro and he had said that his business was much slower since the crackdown but hoping things will pick up. This sentiment seems to be felt by many of the businesses in Paia. I did notice a few places had closed. Although, I did see some new ones as well. I guess its ebb and flow.

Glad I missed the drama of this thread. Everyone I met on Maui seemed real cool and seemed to be in favor of TVRs, but then again, most of the people were windsurfers who I think in general support the idea of them. Looking forward to my next trip back. Hoping to be back in December for xmass and new years when the waves will be back. Whoop whoop!

Shazooooo

Shazoo
7th May 2008, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mister Tee;21666]One more thing. Nobody knows you here. Nobody. I asked around at the beach - that would be Ho'okipa, where I sail daily
[QUOTE]

Hey Mr Tee... I was sailing hookipa every day as well, I wonder if we met. Whats your name? It would be pretty funny if we sailed together. :)

Aloooha!

Shazooooo

FosterWick23
7th May 2008, 11:36 PM
I dont think I have seen as much drama in one place. What the heck is going on in that island. Sheesh. Its kinda funny but kinda sad. If all you guys met face to face, Im sure you would feel quite embarrased, especially you, "Mr Teeee", or what ever your name is today. Anyways, I hope to get to Maui one of these days and hope I dont find this kind of stuff in person. Cheers!

Unregistered
8th May 2008, 01:31 AM
Funny , I bet you wish you were here.

It is great, good sailing no problems with locals and warm water with sandy beach's.

The traffic is down besides, since gas is $4.21 a gallon, and ice cream is $8.50 a quart!
But I'm spending the kids inheritance, so it doesn't matter.

Habib
8th May 2008, 10:50 AM

Funny, i thought Mr Tee was the Af/Am guy on the A-Team......so much for your originality... but hey i'm certain you picked it up from the locker room as a result of you checking out the other guys "peckers" "Hey what you lookin at boy!!"

You wanna take 2 guys on....in public ........pleeeze, keep it in your bedroom together with your Zucchini,pink tutu, and jar of petroleum jelly.

So tell me..ROTFLMAO, did you actually go round Ho`okipa saying "hey YOU THERE BOY... do you know Habib and Bowdine from Aust".......you, yes you in the dumpster...you know who they are? And you over there in the portable toilet.....
Maybee you ought to rig up a car and put some loudspeakers on it ala Jake and Elroy, might have a little better luck then.

As far as our accomodations go, apply the above to all the Maui realtors, im sure they will all pee in their pants laughing at you.

In the meantime, take your medication, mask your ISP, and go to Kanaha and keep practicing your gybes......stinky, unsavoury critter.

Habib
8th May 2008, 04:45 PM
Your a wanker

The new anthem for Mr Tee and his supporting cast and crew of cry me a river sooky lah lah girlies on Maui

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4vSEXvLsx0

You gal's can all play this at your "o pity me" partay, while we pinch your waves at Ho'okipa, then drive past your houses and defacate on your front lawn.

Cat sTevens
8th May 2008, 11:57 PM
and have a group hug?

Bowdine
9th May 2008, 01:12 AM
Your a wanker

The new anthem for Mr Tee and his supporting cast and crew of cry me a river sooky lah lah girlies on Maui

You gal's can all play this at your "o pity me" partay, while we pinch your waves at Ho'okipa, then drive past your houses and defacate on your front lawn.

You are my hero, mate! LOL. Its amazing, most of the blokes on Maui I know are cool, but yet, only the wankers show up on here. Too funny.

Chewie
10th May 2008, 01:18 AM
You are my hero, mate! LOL. Its amazing, most of the blokes on Maui I know are cool, but yet, only the wankers show up on here. Too funny.

I have noticed that as well. Heading to Maui end of the month!! woohoooo... Staying in Kahului though, not Haiku so that I will be near where the races are going to be. Hoping to give the slalom series a try this year. Probably gonna get dusted but thats how you get better, yea? :)

Unregistered
10th May 2008, 04:52 AM
Your a wanker

Dude, you are a class act all the way - I especially love your dancing in the video!

BTW, it's spelled d-e-f-e-c-a-t-e.

Unregistered
10th May 2008, 06:48 AM
Dude, you are a class act all the way - I especially love your dancing in the video!

BTW, it's spelled d-e-f-e-c-a-t-e.

OOoooo you dakine speller I see. I guess you won the spelling bee. Feel mo betta? LOL. Bowdine, Habib, dont worry about this coconut. He is weak if this the best he come up with. Pretty soon, he gonna spell check the whole forum. Good times. Maui No Ka Oi!

Unregistered
10th May 2008, 11:32 AM
OOoooo you dakine speller I see. I guess you won the spelling bee. Feel mo betta? LOL. Bowdine, Habib, dont worry about this coconut. He is weak if this the best he come up with. Pretty soon, he gonna spell check the whole forum. Good times. Maui No Ka Oi!

I guess you guys in the TVR business love this forum! LOL! Maybe look up 'defecate' online before you invite your new friend over for one BBQ - not so 'good times' if someone step in it, eh?

Unregistered
11th May 2008, 09:11 AM
I guess you guys in the TVR business love this forum! LOL! Maybe look up 'defecate' online before you invite your new friend over for one BBQ - not so 'good times' if someone step in it, eh?

Must be. Windsurfers seem to like staying on the northshore near the windsurfing, and windsurfers frequent this form. You must be genious too. See, you in the minority once again. Stop trying to save our island, ok? Its gonna be fine. LOL.

Unregistered
11th May 2008, 11:08 AM
Must be. Windsurfers seem to like staying on the northshore near the windsurfing, and windsurfers frequent this form. You must be genious too. See, you in the minority once again. Stop trying to save our island, ok? Its gonna be fine. LOL.

Yeah, it'll all be fine - Wailea 670, Honolua Bay Development. Shoots, look how 'fine' Kahului is - and have you driven out to Makena lately? Maybe YOU should START trying to save our island.

The Kupuna are not LOL. Trust me - I get an earfull from my activist neighbor about once a week.

Peace and aloha

Ferd Hayward
13th May 2008, 12:44 PM
Drop by my office if you want to list!

Alexi
14th May 2008, 09:45 AM
Drop by my office if you want to list!

Hehehe, too funny.... all the Maui whiners should be lining up to sell yer places if its gettin too rough for y'all. :)

martin martian
24th November 2008, 08:17 AM
Cruios to know if there are any new developments regarding Maui renatals / accomodation, particulatly on the Nth Shore.

Thanks

Holger Wentzel
2nd December 2008, 10:39 AM
ja, is it steel problem?

Unregistered
7th December 2008, 09:25 AM
ja no problem brah,
just rent in kihei..
the northshore has suffered, so much so 9 and even more since the wall street financial fiasco) that the issue has become a virtual non issue,
but places like stones place, that was shut down ( long before the bylaw went into effect) due to too much partying and noise and buggin da neighbours are gonzo.