PDA

View Full Version : FINALY what happent with F-162????????

konstas
19th July 2008, 12:08 AM
Do you know anyone from company team what kint fin and trim is to de competition from F-162??????Or is better to burn it,to cry for our mony and buy GAASTRA or F-2 ????
THANK YOU

raffig
19th July 2008, 05:49 AM
Your money would be better invested in a few English grammar lessons... ;-)

AJ
20th July 2008, 01:26 AM
Haha haha...what a nice reply..

Taty Frans
20th July 2008, 03:09 PM
what exactly is your Question konstats?

konstas
21st July 2008, 02:14 AM
Your money would be better invested in a few English grammar lessons... ;-)

τη λες ρε μαλακα

konstas
21st July 2008, 03:26 PM
MY guestion was amd is what happent with F162. Finaly is a good board or is not?What can i do to give me the best? Some times flying but usualy is very slow.Why dont speak to us the starboards team?Dont tellme from fin R-20 because i cant fint it anywears.I wait for that for juanary and still waiting.

stv
25th July 2008, 12:48 AM
MY guestion was amd is what happent with F162. Finaly is a good board or is not?What can i do to give me the best? Some times flying but usualy is very slow.Why dont speak to us the starboards team?Dont tellme from fin R-20 because i cant fint it anywears.I wait for that for juanary and still waiting.

Hi konstas, I have that board with a kashy fin and the board rocks... I think that the Deboichet style fins are not working with this board.
The kashy style fins fit perfectly on this board...but the R20 is not exactly a kashy style fin. The shape is similar, but the torsional stiffness and other stuff is not the same.
If you don`t have the budget or the time to buy a Kashy, you can try a Hurricane fin, that is very similar to the kashy.
To conclude...this board flies

stv
27th July 2008, 10:48 PM
check out this link
http://pub38.bravenet.com/forum/3203506610/show/657926

peter n-m
28th July 2008, 03:47 AM
... confirmed by this (very tentative) fin bending test:
http://www.peterman.dk/fins-flex-results01.htm

Regards,
Peter

konstas
29th July 2008, 04:03 PM
what kind exactly hurricane you think is better to that board?because a friend to use hurricane all the time spin out and he dont have power to back leg
thanx to answer me

stv
30th July 2008, 06:35 PM
what kind exactly hurricane you think is better to that board?because a friend to use hurricane all the time spin out and he dont have power to back leg
thanx to answer me

Konstas, the Hurricane Fr5 b extra soft in almost all other conditions (next best fin to a Kashy, reccomended to me by Dave Kashy in fact)

psicowind
15th September 2008, 04:04 PM
Konstas, the Hurricane Fr5 b extra soft in almost all other conditions (next best fin to a Kashy, reccomended to me by Dave Kashy in fact)

Hello , i am confused Hurricane say:
"theFRB5b seems to work with the 162, but there is also a 5b/1 with slightly
more area and more lift for the new wide boards.
There is also a new shape FRB6 that is closer to the Kashy`s and it works
also with the 162.
I can not say what would be the best for you, a fin is a very personal
thing ;-) "

I have the Deb R20 , amazing i downwind but very difficult in upwind.......

But wich is the besyt Hurricane fin for 162??

I am 1,08 m and 78 kg , my first sail is 11,8 NP Racing,

Please hel me

15th September 2008, 08:59 PM
Hej,
I can confim that frb6 works really good for sizes 11 and 10 on 162. I have stifnnes 701. Wich is similar to kashy.
High boom and track behind recomanded.
Brian

Screamer
15th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Or is better to burn it,to cry for our mony and buy GAASTRA or F-2 ????

Yeah go buy gaastra/F2 immediately lol

There's a saying: it's not the oven it's the cook.

konstas
15th September 2008, 10:55 PM
thank you all,for information.
I try the Hurricane frb6 S stifnnes 651.with track all back and i see downwind was very good with good corner and speed.But upwind was terrible. when i put the track to middle the was detter . what must to do to be better at upwint?