PDA

View Full Version : Dunkerbeck on Starboard ?

Hank
12th August 2008, 02:58 AM
Was just cruising through the pictures on the PWA aite from the event in Turkey, and noticed that Dunkerbeck was using an SB iSonic.

http://www.pwaworldtour.com/typo3temp/pics/c85ce13087.jpg

Equipment list is not yet online, but perhaps someone has some info on this ?

mark h
12th August 2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed that one as well, wondered if he was trying to find out if A2 had an advantage on SB, did notice the Dunks is "smiling", no offence big fella. Also noticed that Jimmy Diaz has switched to SB, I'm not sure if its official, but looks like it!!

Hank
12th August 2008, 03:49 AM
My guess is that Diaz is most likely more official than Dunkerbeck, cause Diaz has the SB logo in his sail, whereas Bjorn doesn't.

mark h
12th August 2008, 06:40 PM
Just noticed that Dunkerbeck registered an iS111 & iS133. Diaz registered an iS101 & iS122.

LK
12th August 2008, 07:18 PM
Looks like Bjorn just won 2 elimination. Bjorn, Kevin, Antoine :-)

mark h
12th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Heres T1 Thommens comments:
http://www.thommen1.com/v3.0/

Looks like he is just testing SB kit to see if its him or his kit thats not catching A2.

mark h
12th August 2008, 10:05 PM
Heres T1 Thommens comments:

Looks like he is just testing SB kit to see if its him or his kit thats not catching A2.

I'm guessing he's borrowed the iS111 & iS133 from Jimmy Diaz new SB quiver for this event only.

nonopr
13th August 2008, 03:29 AM
They say he is just testing but now he is just winning races. I am sure tommen will rethink his comments in his website now that he know Bjorn is winning in a starboard at least in Med-light wind.

Unregistered
13th August 2008, 04:32 AM
I'm guessing he's borrowed the iS111 & iS133 from Jimmy Diaz new SB quiver for this event only.

Those iSonics are not from Jimmy Diaz, he got them from Starboard Germany through.

Unregistered
13th August 2008, 06:41 AM
Aaaah OK, that makes sense now & I know the guy he got them from, we had a few beers with him at Weymouth speed week last year. did he get a full set of iS? Will be interesting to see if he stays on SB for the rest of the tour. Wonder if he'll try the new speed specials as well???

nonopr
13th August 2008, 09:17 AM
Right now Tommen is very upset with this change last minute. They have express that already in their website. Either this will end Bjorn with no board sponsor or Tommen will have to get back to the drawing board and start doing up to date board designs and or tweak Bjorns boards in a hurry.

viking
13th August 2008, 02:26 PM
Hi

Do you have a link? The only website I found for T1 with google is something that looks totally outdated.

Thanks

Unregistered
13th August 2008, 03:44 PM
Hi

Do you have a link? The only website I found for T1 with google is something that looks totally outdated.

Thanks

and click "news"

LK
13th August 2008, 05:06 PM
Bjorn nr. 1 in elim. 4 and is now leading the event.
AA falls.

Unregistered
13th August 2008, 08:29 PM
Good to know all top 3 now are on Starboard

Unregistered
14th August 2008, 06:58 AM
Right now Tommen is very upset with this change last minute. They have express that already in their website. Either this will end Bjorn with no board sponsor or Tommen will have to get back to the drawing board and start doing up to date board designs and or tweak Bjorns boards in a hurry.

There is nothing they can do "in a hurry", remember that they cannot use custom boards anymore!!! This really make things interesting since, in the past, all he had to do is to paint his new starboards with the T1 logo.

I am not a starboard fan in particular, but, if Bjorn wins this after being defeated by AA for a few years, I will be impressed!!!!
Cheers,
marcos

nonopr
14th August 2008, 09:20 AM
There is nothing they can do "in a hurry", remember that they cannot use custom boards anymore!!! This really make things interesting since, in the past, all he had to do is to paint his new starboards with the T1 logo.

I am not a starboard fan in particular, but, if Bjorn wins this after being defeated by AA for a few years, I will be impressed!!!!
Cheers,
marcos

I forgot that, You are right. Now more power to Starboard, today Bjorn used a smaller board and he lost his luster in a few heats, but got back in the right board and place himself back in the race. I will assume he was trying to get more speed out of a smaller board. Thanks MArco for the reminder of the rule.

nonopr
14th August 2008, 09:26 AM
New comments on the T1 Website. They seem to know something no one knows..

Hank
14th August 2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah those comments are pathetic, very childish comments, pathetic and unworthy,

Unregistered
14th August 2008, 01:17 PM
AA is not 1st on the leader board cause he did some tactical mistakes, fell in at the gybe etc... if he doesn't there's hardly any difference!! Protchard is rather gutted... read his blog!

Unregistered
14th August 2008, 07:59 PM
From what I read Bjorn got 111, 122 and 133 with him at Alacati and chose 111 and 133.

Check out the following link if you´re familiar with the german language: http://www.surf-forum.com/showthread.php?t=1617

viking
15th August 2008, 01:46 PM
Totally agree with post 20, if AA is not leading, it is only because he made unusual mistakes! Not because Bjorn changed his boards. Starboard or not, he will finish second as usual at the end of the weeks!

Fortunately, it is still the pilot who makes the result in windsurfing!

Unregistered
15th August 2008, 06:26 PM

Bjorn doesnt think so

LK
15th August 2008, 06:41 PM
Yes he does, therefore he wants a board as good as AA's

:-)

viking
15th August 2008, 07:17 PM
Bjorn has doubt but he will get his answer at the end of the week!

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 04:03 AM
A2 won the last heat but Bjorn has still the overall lead by 0.4 points. Whoever wins tomorrow will win the contest. Compared to last year Bjorn is fighting till the end, recovering well from bad starts... I guess he really wants to win this time.
Greetings from Alacati!

mark h
16th August 2008, 06:15 AM
I guess both deserve to win, they both showing real hunger for it this year, its great to watch. Lets not forget that bjorn is older & much heavier than A2 and should'nt be able to be this competetive any more (on paper at least), credit where due.

I personally think theres only 3 who could truly win the overall title, A2, Bjorn or KP. I'd love to see A2 dominate for a few sessions (like Bjorn used too), but I'd also like to see Bjorn back in the number one spot before he retires. The younger KP will be number 1 in the future for sure, and will have the likes of Ross Williams snapping at his heels.

Who do you think is going to get the crown this year??

Right, I'm packing my bags and I'm of to sunny Fuerta ror 2-weeks, hope it rains in England whilst I'm gone (but I mean that in a nice way!!!)

viking
16th August 2008, 12:08 PM
The "young" KP is far over 30! KP had his year of dominance in the first half of the 00's. Unfortunately for him, it was the freestyle years in PWA... So this dominance was not converted in many titles as he would deserve...

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 01:59 PM
I guess both deserve to win, they both showing real hunger for it this year, its great to watch. Lets not forget that bjorn is older & much heavier than A2 and should'nt be able to be this competetive any more (on paper at least), credit where due.

Bjorn much heavier !! I belive A2 is about 105 kg and Bjorn about 103 kg ?

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah 10-years ago maybe, A2 95kg, Bjorn is now 115kg (same as Finian).

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 04:39 PM
Bjorn, Antoine, Finian heavier or not... blablabla... AA is assured of the Title this year again even if he stays 2nd in Alacaty!!!

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 09:20 PM
Totally agree with post 20, if AA is not leading, it is only because he made unusual mistakes! Not because Bjorn changed his boards. Starboard or not, he will finish second as usual at the end of the weeks!

You were wrong, Bjorn finally wont the event by a clear margin. It seems like both pilot and equipment are important in windsurfing. Everybody knows that. Respect to both Antoine and Bjorn.

Marcos

Unregistered
16th August 2008, 09:42 PM
"Bjorn... will finish second as usual"

Viking, I guess you did not follow hte PBA/PWA from the late 80's to Y2K. Bjorn dominated the racing (course + slalom) and speed events in a similar, if not more dominant fashion than the way AA is doing it know.
Plus, he also dominated the wave events and even won the first freestyle worldcup.

raffig
16th August 2008, 11:10 PM
hey viking, look who´s won !!

;-)

LK
17th August 2008, 01:02 AM
Agree 100%, poster #32, respect to both for the interesting fight !

nonopr
17th August 2008, 05:01 AM
From the 80's to the 2k all boards were custom made and he had one of the best shapers ever (Bjorn/Tommen) Kevin won too, with his shaper (Mike from Mike Lab's) That is the reason why now is a slalom 42 not slalom open. By the way my Mike Lab's slalom board in 56cm is way faster than any board I have tried from anyone. But Starboard iSonic 2008 is a great up to date confortable machine when power up. Star has done his job in catching the eye of a lot of wind heads, now is there anyone there that want to step up to the plate.

Polis
17th August 2008, 09:12 AM
so now Bjorn has won on Starboards, is Sven going to book the 1st flight out to sign up Bjorn ?

Unregistered
17th August 2008, 06:44 PM
so now Bjorn has won on Starboards, is Sven going to book the 1st flight out to sign up Bjorn ?

best idea, terminator is back and kicked a2 ass on his boards... ;) :D

nonopr
18th August 2008, 12:34 AM

I don't think so.......
I will have the Dream Team sign... Antoine, Bjorn, Finian Maynard, Kevin Pritchard, Pieter Bijl, Peter Volwater, Ben Van Der Steen, Josh Angulo.

Unregistered
18th August 2008, 12:27 PM
you forgot, that bjorn is one of two legends.

every brand woulld be proud to have one of the both in the team!

viking
18th August 2008, 06:13 PM
OK, I admit my pronostic was wrong! But I maintain this result is due to a "catastrophic" Albeau who failed more jibes in one week that he had failed the 10 previous years.

Starboard would be crazy to sign Bjorn: why paying somebody for a work that this somebody agrees to make free of charge?

Unregistered
27th August 2008, 02:50 AM
no bjorn ....IMHO
he had his time in the sun....