PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody! New member presntation.

Caribsurf
26th August 2008, 08:21 AM
This forum seam to be very useful. Been reading it for awhile and decide to Sign up for an account.

I live and work in the Caribbean as sailing skipper and a carpenter. Its off season now and i had some time off. Started to take windsurfing lessons a couple weeks ago. And I f***ing freaking loving it. Used to do some windsurfing 10 years ago. But man that a difference its to day.:p

Its sone time to buy my own board and set up. I been looking at one second hand GO 133. I think that's a good board for me and I can progress a lot on it. Right now a always renting a 144L board at the beach and use a 5.0-5.5 sail. So I am getting a 5.5 for my board first and then the economy gets better I can get a bigger one or smaller.
The average wind is between 12-18 most of the time here.

Ok all of you Cheers, peace out...
Caribsurf

Floyd
27th August 2008, 01:48 AM
You aren`t on Jamaica are you ?

Caribsurf
27th August 2008, 02:29 AM
You aren`t on Jamaica are you ?

No. Are you?

I am living on St Maarten (dutch side) for the moment.

Ps. the Jamaicans the fastest people on earth...

Floyd
28th August 2008, 04:16 AM
I spend a bit of time in Jamaica.Folk there are great but cant hire any gear there ! Wind;sun fantastic beaches,warm water but no kit !!!

Shayne
3rd September 2008, 03:39 AM
Hi Caribsurf,
I run a charter yacht up and down the islands also, windsurfing off the back of the boat whenever and wherever I can. SXM is one of our favourite party islands, not too much good sailing from the boat though but I get around to Orient or Galion beach by dinghy or rental car when I can.
I hope you get to keep gear onboard the boat because there are great spots all up and down the islands.
Cheers,
Shayne

Caribsurf
3rd September 2008, 05:01 PM
I spend a bit of time in Jamaica.Folk there are great but cant hire any gear there ! Wind;sun fantastic beaches,warm water but no kit !!!

Sounds like a good opportunity for someone to open a windsurf shop/rental i Jamaica. Must be tons of people that like to have their own shop in a paradise island. Well as long you keep away from Kingston...

michelb
3rd September 2008, 08:59 PM
Pls send pictures of Sn Marteen Airport is awesome, I can imagine windsrfing there while a big 747 land over the mast.........

Cheers form Chile and welcome!!