PDA

View Full Version : Tests

Bill
3rd September 2008, 03:39 PM
I think its good to highlight the fact that a product has done well in a test.

The only difficulty I have is that when most products do well in the test, is the test meaningful?

PG
3rd September 2008, 05:59 PM
Some tests are good, some have no critique at all. Most, if not all, tests in Windsurf UK are useless. This, http://www.boardseekermag.com/windsurfing-equipment-tests/test-introduction.html, on the other hand is a pretty good test with lots of information. The German Surf Magazine typically is quite frank about their experiences (especially in their points). And Boards UK also dear to voice opinions about the gear they test.

There are meaningful tests, but all are not...

Bill
4th September 2008, 03:30 AM
Most, if not all, tests in Windsurf UK are useless.
T

Not sure Starboard would agree with you.

Unregistered
4th September 2008, 03:48 AM
Tests are just another part of marketing management.
How could magazines afford to give poor reviews to the very people keeping them in business !!!
Generally tests lack objectivity ;are very bias towards mr "average" sailor and always reflect experience(s) of tester.
Come on the industry cant even measure sizes of sails and boards accurately let alone their performance !!

Unregistered
4th September 2008, 04:22 AM
I have bought almost every Mistral ever made (until 3 or 4 years ago) , one F2 XS slalom (recently) 2 x Thommen RS and for the last 3 or 4 years Starboard.
I used to buy on the basis of "whats everybody using ?"
Lately I buy based on : whats available, cost and lastly (maybe a little of what I read in a "test").
For me, lifes too short to debate it any other way !!

Unregistered
4th September 2008, 04:26 AM
Sorry I should have said that : whats available, cost and test reults have led me to Starboard.
And the Hypersonic is the best board ever.............