PDA

View Full Version : 09 Isonic 111 agressive non slip & 6.7m

Waiting4wind
13th November 2008, 06:10 PM
A couple of questions.

Is anyone else finding the non slip on the deck to be too aggressive?? With a lot of pumping in light wind sailing my feet are almost red raw. Are the decks generally more aggressive or is it just my board?? Should I try rubbing it back a bit or just put up with it until it smooths out from use??

Secondly. I use this board mainly with my NP RSS 7.8m but the other day I tried with my RSS 6.7 and it wasn't too comfortable. A little bouncy and front foot was light. When I drop the somewhat high boom I use it was better but still not a comfortable stance. Any suggestions for set up with a smaller sail. I'm assuming a 6.7m is within the wind range of the 111.

nonopr
13th November 2008, 07:20 PM
IF you find the grip to be to harsh on your foot, try a sanding it a little with a 600 grit sandpaper, just one pass all over the board and it will take the edge of the grip a little.

lucofede
13th November 2008, 09:08 PM
Antoine Albeau used the same configuration (IS 111 and RS 6.7) for the channel crossing.
http://www.guycribb.com/windsurfing_technique_holiday_DVD_0001v01news387.h tm
regards

Luco

Remi
14th November 2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Waiting4wind,

Height boom is around my eyes with long adjustable harness line. The mast foot behind compare the 7,7 position with a Deboichet SL2 or SL4 36. In this configuration I have no problems with an excellent speed.

All the best