PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my face dry on ISonic 111

Waiting4wind
9th January 2009, 11:21 AM
A quick trim question. I'm new to the 09 Isonic 111. In certain conditions the windward rail catches the chop and I get a nice splash in the face, it's refreshing but a little annoying when travelling at 30 knots.

I do dial this out eventually with some trim adjustment but I cant put a finger on exactly what I do to avoid the splash.

Any suggestions on staying dry will be welcome.

davide
9th January 2009, 02:51 PM
Any suggestions on staying dry will be welcome.

An umbrella?

Waiting4wind
9th January 2009, 03:05 PM
An umbrella?

I don't think thats going to work for me as I'll have to chage my sail size to compensate for the size of the umbrella.

Haggar
9th January 2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe if you go a little faster ....

Screamer
9th January 2009, 09:51 PM
I don't think umbrella would be that practical.

One of these however.......

mark h
9th January 2009, 10:17 PM
I'v got one of those in the fun box under the bed (next to the superman outfit)!

Ken
9th January 2009, 10:44 PM
Waiting4wind,

I have an 08 iS 111. I know what you mean. For me, I must keep toe pressure on the back foot to keep the board flat. If I transfer the weight toward my heel, the windward rail sinks. It may help to open the foot strap more and get your foot deeper, allowing you to put more pressure on your toes. You can also move the straps to the inboard position, which will accomplish the same thing.

You can use the umbrella to stop you when you get going too fast.

Waiting4wind
11th January 2009, 06:18 AM
Waiting4wind,

I have an 08 iS 111. I know what you mean. For me, I must keep toe pressure on the back foot to keep the board flat. If I transfer the weight toward my heel, the windward rail sinks. It may help to open the foot strap more and get your foot deeper, allowing you to put more pressure on your toes. You can also move the straps to the inboard position, which will accomplish the same thing.

You can use the umbrella to stop you when you get going too fast.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll try all of them but I think I'll start with Ken's (thanks). I do have my straps set tight as I like a solid connection at speed.