PDA

View Full Version : Indestructable Board

John Kemsley
10th January 2009, 05:27 AM
I was sorting out my gear the other day checking my HS133 (05) and Go165 (04), both are well used. The Go has gone a bit yellowish on the bottom exept where the Starboard Tiki is, and both vboards have minor scratches/scrapes.

On further investigation of both boards, the surface under the Tiko sticker on both boards is still perfect, and the Tiki sticker itself is not damaged.

Has Starboard unknowingly created the ultimate indestructable surface? Forget carbon/kevlar use TSM (Tiki Sticker Material).

John

Farlo
10th January 2009, 04:16 PM
Hi John, maybe the kind of laminate used to protect plastic ID or credit cards. High resilience with some self repairing properties, and UV barrier too. Will prevent minor scratches very well and may keep the board sealed in case of bigger impact. I wonder how much a whole hull lamination would add to the weight.

Caribsurf
11th January 2009, 05:49 PM
I was sorting out my gear the other day checking my HS133 (05) and Go165 (04), both are well used. The Go has gone a bit yellowish on the bottom except where the Starboard Tiki is, and both vboards have minor scratches/scrapes.
John

MY Go 133 08 also got yellow under and it feels little ruff. I used 3Ms boat polish wax to take it off.
Worked grate.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_nid=Q2QJSK6DK1gsH 8PTZGX97Rgl84JCBJQZJQbl