18th January 2009, 11:10 PM
Hi all,
a guy posted a video on youtube I appreciated very much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3gZWk7ZNgU

bye

Nick

leysenkr
18th January 2009, 11:29 PM
There are different kind off relations between 2 party's concerning work relation. I won't be surprised that Golito is a freelancer or self-employed and no employee from boards & more or airesis. Then it is very normal that he does not get his insurances from his working partner. So he has to foreseen this for himself.

This is mostely the case for sportsmen and woman.

mim
18th January 2009, 11:47 PM
you might appreciate that but I donīt. In the video there is nothing about the contract between Golito (I like him even though he is on a wrong boards and sails ... ;) ) and his sponsors.

In fact before you would be able to organize a helicopter, and before it gets there...I think 4 hours sounds still not that bad to me, when it is "only" a broken bone and no complications.

Btw. nobody is pushing the worlds best windsurfers to go to Jeri...they do that because they want to!

Once again I like Golito and his style but the video sucks!!!

Unregistered
19th January 2009, 01:54 AM
you might appreciate that but I donīt. In the video there is nothing about the contract between Golito (I like him even though he is on a wrong boards and sails ... ;) ) and his sponsors.

In fact before you would be able to organize a helicopter, and before it gets there...I think 4 hours sounds still not that bad to me, when it is "only" a broken bone and no complications.

Btw. nobody is pushing the worlds best windsurfers to go to Jeri...they do that because they want to!

Once again I like Golito and his style but the video sucks!!!

You did'nt get the point for three times. First: it's true that the guy that uploaded the video did not mention the contract, but from what happened you can deduce that no form of insurance or rescue intervention had been subscribed, and I too think that it's not correct, especially for a very young rider like Golito. Second, you cannot be sure that surfers, at least top professional ones, go training somewhere spontaneously, without any agreement with their sponsors,so what are you saying? Third, but first in terms of importance, you cannot know in advance what happens when you go out sailing...so if four hours "sound still not bad for you" (probably you never got hurt in that manner, and I'm happy for you), for hours may be too much for other kind of problems.

Regards,
Heiko

mim
19th January 2009, 03:53 AM
you can deduce that no form of insurance or rescue intervention had been subscribed, and I too think that it's not correct, especially for a very young rider like Golito.
Second, you cannot be sure that surfers, at least top professional ones, go training somewhere spontaneously, without any agreement with their sponsors
Third, but first in terms of importance, you cannot know in advance what happens when you go out sailing...so if four hours "sound still not bad for you" (probably you never got hurt in that manner, and I'm happy for you), for hours may be too much for other kind of problems.

Regards,
Heiko

Well Heiko,
letīs make things clear. First I find a big difference in insurance and rescue intervency. Rescue intervency is another thing, I just say, there is not a helicopter sitting next to the beach, and I am pretty sure if he would call an ambulance (air transport) because the injury was dengerous to his life or future career he would get it (another question is who would pay...but he did not call...maybe it would be paid from his insurance you donīt know that). Another point, I am sure he got his money and every support that he has in the contract even he could not fullfil his sponsor agreement (no surfing, just chilling out on the beach in Jeri or Margarita...)

I just want to say, that the video is the first place where I saw sth negative concerning his injury...the official info on nort-windsurfing.com or pwaworldtour.com was just OK, no problem was mentioned!

The second point is...I am not sure that he was pushed to go to Jeri (he is there because the top freestylers are there as well )!!!!

And the third point...yeah it was a bit tough from me, of couirse I would not like to travel in the car on roads in Jeri for four hours, I just say, he survived, he can surf, and as I heard from holiday surfers who met him, he was doing just fine (if you consider he is injured and can not do any practise).

Let it be, I just wanted to say..that the video is really misleading!
Golito is a good guy and I like his style, hope he has recovered and will win the 2009 PWA.

Ciao Michal.

PS: I have no detailed info on Golitoīs contract and all this is a speculation...the first post was a reaction on the video...that was a kind of a big drama!

AndrePaskowski
20th January 2009, 03:43 AM
Hi,

I just read this post here and i thought i have to clear some thinks.

First: If somebody is guilty that Gollito went to Jeri then it is me. I told Gollito many times that the spot is great and perfect for training. So we decided to go after Sylt for 2 month together.
But i think it is more then wrong to use the word "guilty" in this case. Jeri is warm, windy, offers a big variation of water conditions and has high level on the water. So it is the right place to be does not matter if you are beginner or world champion.

Short after the accident Gollito got transferred with a buggy to a little hospital. I went to the hospital as well and we tried to figure out the best way far fast and good medical help.

The fastest and best way was to drive him straight to Fortaleza witsh is a 3.5 hr drive. Thanks to Maurizio our Pousada owner. He went with him and arranged all hospital help, his flight back to Venezuela etc.

I travel with Gollito now for longer Time and I know him as a friend and I have to say that he gets Top Support from his main sponsors witch are Fanatic and North. They not only pay a Scheck and waiting for results... they also give him personal advises and spent time to support him. So i believe next step Gollito is doing... he will make his own Travel/Medical Insurance just like every other sailors as well.

Last word... Gollito was in top form before his accident. I believe the time off the water will make him even more hungry for sailing and he will be back on top!!!

A Movie from Gollito in Jeri is coming End of Feb.

A actual Movie from Gollito you find here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGqUKrg4Ic

mim
20th January 2009, 03:29 PM
If the name is right, and you really are who you claim you are...

I thank you for clearing things out.
Ciao Michal.

leysenkr
21st January 2009, 01:09 AM
I hope that the hungry part is true because you guys inspire a lot off surfers. I think we all look forward to that moment.

Keep on ripping!