View Full Version : US Select Fin > Kode fin Box

2nd April 2009, 06:43 AM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Select fin (US) for my Kode86. But I have run into a problem with the fit - the base of the fin is probably 1/4-1/2 a mm too thick for the box. I've carefully tried sanding away some of the thickness of the fin base but cant seem to get a snug but not overly tight fit. Another issue is the base of the fin just wont sit flush with the bottom of the board.... it protrudes by a mm or 2. The Drake fin which came with the board fits perfectly. I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this with Select fins and if so how was it fixed?

2nd April 2009, 08:38 AM
I use a small corner sander to sand he fin down. You will need to sand and try a few times until the fin fits flush. Also you need to sand off the fin box edges to avoid the fin box flaking away.

2nd April 2009, 09:07 PM
I always had issues with Select fins (which I like btw).That goes for both tuttle slalom fins and US box. A lot of their bases seem to have a "bulge" they're not uniformly thick. Sending took care of the problem (but be carefull not to overdo it, my fsw fin now sits a mm or two too deep in my Kombat). It should be snug fit rather than loose.

3rd April 2009, 08:55 AM

After taking Stephen's advice above I now have the fin fitting quite nicely. It's firm but easy enough to remove.