PDA

View Full Version : Fotstrap screws too tight.

Selly154
14th May 2009, 04:00 PM
I have just bought a Flare 106 Carbon board.
The footstrap screws seem very very tight and will not go all the way down. I am concerned that over tightening the screws might damage the inserts and I might not be able to get them out. They are bigger than last years screws which seem to be perfect.

Has anyone had these problems?

Should I try to get smaller ones or is it ok to use these.

Also I realy like the screw for the fin I would like to get some more for my older starboard Kombat. Any ideas where I might get them?

Ola_H
14th May 2009, 09:05 PM
Regarding the footstraps, is it all of them or only for exemple the rear one? And do you use the K9 anti twist washer. Without the washer the screws might be too long. Try measuring the plug holes with a slide calliper how deep they are. Also measure the width and length of the screws so I can check you have the right ones.

Try your importer for the fin screws.

nonopr
15th May 2009, 01:47 AM
you can use a little bit of soap in the srew thread.

Roger
15th May 2009, 02:31 PM
nonopr has it right.
So does Ola.
If you are using the entire "stack up" (i.e. footstrap webbing/K9 lock plate/toothed oval washer) then rubbing the "new" (32 mm vs 28 mm long) screws on a bar of bath soap, prior to screwing them in will work nicely.
If you are not using the supplied Starboard footstraps and K9 lock plates, then the older 28 mm long FS screws would be the way to go.
Roger

Selly154
15th May 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi Thanks for the advice, a bit of WD 40 and all sorted

Thanks.

My main concern was that they were the wrong screws, ie different to last years.