PDA

View Full Version : Hypersonic 111 2005- design question

Maximus
2nd November 2006, 05:25 PM
When the board is placed on a level surface it rocks side to side. is this correct?

Cheers:o

Screamer
2nd November 2006, 07:40 PM
I think many boards rock (pun intended ;)) if they have vee bottom

Roger
2nd November 2006, 09:58 PM
Hello Maximus,
Screamer has it right!
There's a tiny bit of "V" on the "spine" that runs down the fore and afgt centerline of the board.
The amount of "V" changes a little from the front of the board to the tail of the board, so how much it "rocks"would change depending on where on the bottom spine it's sitting.
The tail is thicker and heavier so gravity says it will rest on a flat surface somewhere just ahead of the tail with the nose higher.
If you push don on the nose (to overcome the heavier tail) the HS 111 would "rock" fore and aft as well due to the rockerline.
Best to set the board on the sand or a board bag (if it's on a hard or rough surface) to avoid "scuffing" the contact point on the bottom.
Hope this helps,

qldsalty
4th November 2006, 08:51 AM
Was your old 96 not the same?

qldsalty
4th November 2006, 08:52 AM
Was your old 96 not the same?

Roger
4th November 2006, 11:57 AM
Hi qldsalty,
Yes, the bottom shape on my Hypersonic 96 (I kept it as it's a "classic"
for sure) is very much the same.
There were some minor differences in outline shape and some almost indiscernable differences in rockerline and bottom shape throughout the entire Hypersonic line from the original 111 and 125 to the
96 thru 133.
Pretty much the exact same bottom shape, just different thicknesses to give the greater/lesser volume.
Hope this helps,

Maximus
5th November 2006, 10:59 AM
Having a look at the 96, the left to right rocking is a lot less. Anyway thanks for clearing that up. After having observed the new Isonic and Hypers in action, I have to say the Hyper 111 is the winner for me. Much more impressive, especially upwind, which when your dragin your weekend buddies, is the key. If no one buys my old 96 Hyper i might consider putting some vents through the top to 'Boost' the channels. If anyone has some other ideas, please let me know.

Cheers:p

Krister
7th November 2006, 12:41 AM
Do you mean to went the cut outs or the two concaves?

I wouldn't touch the two concaves I have a feeling that there is a higher air pressure underneath the board at speed which helps to lift the board out of the water and creates an air-cussion ride on flat/flattish water. I love the HS 96 with small sails, my favourite combination so far is with a code red 5.6, the board then flies effortlessly above the watersurface with only the fin in the water.