PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for starboard boards...

mario.milhazes
10th September 2009, 09:41 PM
I bougth a Red Futura 101 L 2009 that supposed to be red underneath and it came out as white!!!!

Ive seen other futuras on the beach and they are all red or all blue as also on the online catalogs!! Why is mine red on top and white on bottom, i suppose to some construction error at the factory......what is the Quality department is doing there??? Nothing!!!! Sending you wrong stuff that you pay a lot of money!!!!

Its like going to get a car....ask for a red one and then they give you a red and white!!!! Do you think this is possible....of course NOT!!!!

Ive made several complaints to my local dealer, where i bought the board, i also filled up 5 times the "service and warrant" form and i had NO RESPONSE from any of them!!!!

So they just want to sell there products, get your money on there pocket and then ignore you when something goes wrong!!!!

What kind of company is this??? Im preparing a formal complaint to the Portugues and European Customer Service because this is not correct!!!!

I fill cheated and ripped off!!!!

My name is Mrio Milhazes (mario.milhazes@gmail.com) im from Portugal and i want to be contacted by Starboard to solve this out ASAP!!!!

Floyd
10th September 2009, 09:52 PM
Come on Mario ; if its the only complaint surely colour of base is not worth getting upset over ? Whats colour of your car underneath ???

Besides white is far easier to repair/colour match when you do ding base !!!??

Its certainly not going to affect performance !!! (Unless you know something we all dont !!!)

mario.milhazes
10th September 2009, 09:58 PM
Come on Mario ; if its the only complaint surely colour of base is not worth getting upset over ? Whats colour of your car underneath ???

Besides white is far easier to repair/colour match when you do ding base !!!??

Its certainly not going to affect performance !!! (Unless you know something we all dont !!!)

Floyd

I could have got the 2008 model paying 200 less but i prefered to pay more and get the 2009 model because it was nearly all red and now i get a board that has only some red on top......im interested on the performance of a board but also the colour!!! I love red and all my sails are red...so saying that you can see why m dissapointed and cant understand that starboard does nothing and doesnt contact me!!!

Ola_H
11th September 2009, 01:26 AM
Mario, I contacted customer service about this a while ago but have no answer. They have a lot to do since they handle kites and stuff too. And all warranty questions have to go through the dealer anyway. That is how the system is set up. Of course Starboard want their customers to be happy, but it would in practice be impossible to take care of warranties in the central head quarters.

The problem seems to be that Futuras come on both white and red bottoms. At least it seems that way. And then it's (even more) and issue between the dealer who sold you the particular board and you.

But if I hear anything more about this, I will get back to you. But in the mean time I think the best solution is if you try to resolve this with your dealer.

Screamer
11th September 2009, 02:17 AM

Come on Floyd, it's not the same. Your car doesn't spend a lot of time turned upside down on the beach ;-))))))

Floyd
11th September 2009, 04:01 AM
You`ve not seen my driving !!!!

Unregistered
11th September 2009, 11:34 AM
One of the most gifted sailors in the UK of yesteryear (Duncan Coombs) was once asked what sort of fins he used. He replied "grey ones" !!
If you didnt get what you ordered, the dealer should change it.

mim
11th September 2009, 05:39 PM
Hey guys,

design of the board sure is important...but this is ridiculous! By the way, you reaally think the dealer can order a futura once with white and once with red bottom?

Grow up, colour is not riding, and if you're good you get some chciks thanks to your style not the colour of your "bottom".

And please stop writing here about how the company wants just money from us and then they will not respond to your question...the one who should deal with the company is your distributor...so go to him and let him work this out...one way or another it surely is much better than writting threads like this (even though it is an open forum and I have quit fun reading this post especially thanks to floyd's "driving style").

Have fun, I go surfing!
Ciao M.

mario.milhazes
11th September 2009, 09:31 PM
Hey guys,

design of the board sure is important...but this is ridiculous! By the way, you reaally think the dealer can order a futura once with white and once with red bottom?

Grow up, colour is not riding, and if you're good you get some chciks thanks to your style not the colour of your "bottom".

And please stop writing here about how the company wants just money from us and then they will not respond to your question...the one who should deal with the company is your distributor...so go to him and let him work this out...one way or another it surely is much better than writting threads like this (even though it is an open forum and I have quit fun reading this post especially thanks to floyd's "driving style").

Have fun, I go surfing!
Ciao M.

Hey

I dont windsurf to get chicks!!!!!! I do it because i like the feel of the sport.....and when you put your cash out to buy something that you like....shape...colour...etc...you want exactly what you have seen and been after!!!!

The case is that the dealer and starboard are in silence.....is this possible??? Of course not....in any business area the company want to keeps the clients happy so they can return.....this is not happening here!!!!

What if the board came out damaged.....in this case is the colour problem...but if it came with some big defect....where can i complain and get some feedback??? Not through the dealer and not trough starboard "services and warranty" form that i filled up 5 times and no response!!!

So i would have to get stucked with a damaged board???

PS: Mim if you want to go to the beach and get chicks you are in the wrong sport....try out surf!!

Ola_H
11th September 2009, 09:55 PM
Mario, the problem here is that we don't know that the board is not correct. I have not even seen where it is stated that the board should have a red bottom.

mario.milhazes
11th September 2009, 10:15 PM
Mario, the problem here is that we don't know that the board is not correct. I have not even seen where it is stated that the board should have a red bottom.

Hi Ola_H

As stated befor ive seen red bottoms on the beach and at on-line catalogs.
So or my board with white bottom is wrong or the boards with red bottom are wrong???

Something is happening and i would like an answer from the manufacturer of the boards........because the dealer told me that he justs sells what starboard sends him.

mark h
11th September 2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Mario
Not sure how you'd resolve this one. As Ola said, SB do not specify a "red bottom" (or white) on there web site and there are no pictures of "red bottoms" on the site or in the new brochures. I guess its a case of SB reserve the rights to alter "spec & colours". Did you specifically request a "red bottom" from your dealer? Any way, "red bottoms" are usually only seen on baboons:))

Hope you get sorted out.

Unregistered
12th September 2009, 12:02 AM
Better still, spank the wife or girlfriend and give her a red bottom.....

mim
12th September 2009, 12:36 AM
Hey

I dont windsurf to get chicks!!!!!! I do it because i like the feel of the sport.....and when you put your cash out to buy something that you like....shape...colour...etc...you want exactly what you have seen and been after!!!!

The case is that the dealer and starboard are in silence.....is this possible??? Of course not....in any business area the company want to keeps the clients happy so they can return.....this is not happening here!!!!

What if the board came out damaged.....in this case is the colour problem...but if it came with some big defect....where can i complain and get some feedback??? Not through the dealer and not trough starboard "services and warranty" form that i filled up 5 times and no response!!!

So i would have to get stucked with a damaged board???

PS: Mim if you want to go to the beach and get chicks you are in the wrong sport....try out surf!!

Mario,

the part on chicks (right after the divorce I do not give a sh*t about chicks) was a joke...I believe almost all people understood that. I just can speek for myself and say, that I never have a problem with my distributor...if you can not get a help from the shop where you buyed the board try the main dealer in your country...maybe he has some direct contact for urgent cases.

I just say, if you orded a futura in the volume and you specified the colour (here I mean if you said only red futura)...you got what you asked for...unless you specificaly told them that you want the one with red bottom.

Finallyt last thing...everybody here is trying to calm you down, which I find good, because the situation with starboard is not that bad (actually there is a big meeting or was last week on fuerte with all the european dealers...maybe that is why you can not get any answer...simple because they are away)...but please consider the situation and your behaviour...the colour of boards is usally only specified on top...look at the iSonic, it comes with grey bottom, and there was no word about it in specs...only visible on official pictures on SB web.

Hope you'll get your satisfaction soon, but believe it or not...I am sure that SB generally treat their customers pretty good.

Ciao Michal.

PS: the surf today was amazing.

Unregistered
12th September 2009, 09:28 AM
Though I don't agree with the tone of the thread. I believe the picture on this dealer site shows what he is referring to.

http://www.isthmussailboards.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SB9FU

Though not the end of the world, i understand the disappointment of expecting this and getting something else. Does look cool with the red and the white did seem a let down.

eli villalabeitia
12th September 2009, 11:03 AM
Hi guys, with a hand on your heart; How many of you would buy an used red futura with the bottom white, knowing that at least 99% are red bottom, surely you would think that the board have had same serious repair. Said that, I guess Mario is certainly not getting what he wants and loosing money if he wants to resell the board

leysenkr
12th September 2009, 12:07 PM
Hi guys, with a hand on your heart; How many of you would buy an used red futura with the bottom white, knowing that at least 99% are red bottom, surely you would think that the board have had same serious repair. Said that, I guess Mario is certainly not getting what he wants and loosing money if he wants to resell the board

Or would think that he had bought a 2008 version.

mim
12th September 2009, 12:26 PM
Hey,

about the 2008 version...look at the serial muber the fitst two numbers are shortcut for production year/model year...that way you'll know which model do you have.

DonRon
13th September 2009, 12:37 AM
Mario,

you are right: red bottom!

I'm from Germany and have found this pictures:

http://www.hoppels.com/products/282-35Z-CVV/Starboard_Futura_Technora_Technology_2009.html?ses sionid=77cf83ad386acd2e8c73cd2b0

You should get what you have paid for.

DonRon

mario.milhazes
13th September 2009, 12:48 AM
Hi Everyone

Sorry for being so nervous and not acepting your jokes....but this is a case of feeling that a company doesnt treats the clientes as they deserve.

Ive sailed the board and i like i very much, best board ever, but i want an answer from the manufacturer of the board.......what im dissapointed is that nor the dealer nor the manufacturer says nothing about this issue!! The only thing that the dealer says that he sells what starboard sends him.

When i ordered the board i told the dealer that i wanted a RED one and had to wait for 2 weeks because he didnt have it in stock, i could have bought the 2008 model for less 200€ but i prefered to pay more for the board of my dreams......the 2009 Futura 101L all RED as seen on the beach and on catalogs!!

When you look at catalogs (http://www.isthmussailboards.com/pro...p?number=SB9FU) you can see that the bottom is red.....in in 2 or 3 years if i want to resell the board do you think that the people wont think that this board has been repaired because its white on the bottom.....so for sure i will loose money!!

I love starboard boards.....very easy to sail and very pretty, i was already negociating with my dealer to buy a Kode 86L and a Isonic 121L at the end of this year, but with this issue im thinking twice because i cant see any kind of answers coming back when something goes wrong.

When you spend your money, that you had to work hard to gain it, on a product you are after a quality product but also after a good post customer service from the manufactur that meaning the you will have some kind of feedback if you have a complaint.

In my country, Portugal, some companies are banned out of the market if they dont have an efficent customer service, we have a public departament where you can expose what happend and if the company doesnt reply it will be banned from selling there products, thats happening to a lot to asiatic companies (chinese most of all).

As i truly believe that Starboard is not like this i deserve an answer from them because the dealer says he sells what they send him!!

Im not against starboard.....i just want some feedback and justification why this happens!!

Good sailing to all!!

Unregistered
14th September 2009, 02:33 AM
did you pay all the money up front?
if so i would have refused the board,
and gotten my money back.
I do think its a minor issue,
but it you life so, well good luck.

Nicci
22nd September 2009, 12:40 AM
Hey,

about the 2008 version...look at the serial muber the fitst two numbers are shortcut for production year/model year...that way you'll know which model do you have.

:confused: How do you mean - just bought this Futura 111 wood 2009, so which production year and model year is this then?

ST9FUW111R08060004

mim
22nd September 2009, 01:39 AM
:confused: How do you mean - just bought this Futura 111 wood 2009, so which production year and model year is this then?

ST9FUW111R08060004

Hi Nicci,

no reason to be confused...so it is only one number...the serial number says that you bought yourself a 09 Futura-wood 111 liters (the rest is a genuine number of your board).

In this case the first number is a production year...i.e. 9

Enjoy your board!

Nicci
22nd September 2009, 04:26 AM
Hi Nicci,

no reason to be confused...so it is only one number...the serial number says that you bought yourself a 09 Futura-wood 111 liters (the rest is a genuine number of your board).

In this case the first number is a production year...i.e. 9

Enjoy your board!

Ok, thx for the clarification! :)
(Is by the way with red bottom ;))

viking
22nd September 2009, 02:11 PM
Mario,

You made a fundamental mistake by accepting the board when it was delivered to you. This is not a hidden defect but a one that can be clearly seen. If you accepted the delivery, it means that you accepted the white color at the bottom.

Furthermore, sure you would find somewhere in Starboard website and catalog a sentence like "Starboard reserves the right to change the specs without prior notice..."

But of course, your dealer should have replied to you (not Starboard, it is with the dealer
that you are in buisiness) and make a commercial act on your next order (little discount...)

Unregistered
22nd September 2009, 02:32 PM
Its the old story, +/- 5%.
so you are minus your red bottom = 5%.

Langdon
22nd September 2009, 03:12 PM
Did you unpack the board at the shop Mario ? Didn't you see it then ?
If so, the dealer offered you a 2008-model for a cheaper price...

Farlo
22nd September 2009, 05:36 PM
Hi mim, does ST9 stands for 2009, R08xxxxxx for 2008, or both? By the way 2009 models have been launched in August 2008. So a 2009 model could very well be manufactured in 2008 (which may be the case for this particular board). Or is there something I miss?

Mario, I can understand your frustration but if a red bottom is so important for you why didn't you notice it at the first sight? Or did you take it knowingly and changed your mind on the beach, after the excitement of trying the new board was gone? In this case you can hardly blame Starboard or your dealer, unless you really got a 2008 model at 2009 price then you can probably claim a sensible discount.

mim
22nd September 2009, 08:39 PM
Hi mim, does ST9 stands for 2009, R08xxxxxx for 2008, or both? By the way 2009 models have been launched in August 2008. So a 2009 model could very well be manufactured in 2008 (which may be the case for this particular board). Or is there something I miss?

Mario, I can understand your frustration but if a red bottom is so important for you why didn't you notice it at the first sight? Or did you take it knowingly and changed your mind on the beach, after the excitement of trying the new board was gone? In this case you can hardly blame Starboard or your dealer, unless you really got a 2008 model at 2009 price then you can probably claim a sensible discount.

Usually the serial number relates to the model year...I am not sure...ask somebody from the team to answer that...than it will be 100% sure.

I think it goes from model year...or would you think it goes from pruduction date and somewhere in the midlle (after a board specification) you will find a model year...i rather think you will first identify the the board (year and type, volume) and than you specify the single piece (like date, or charge number and number of the actuall piece).

Exactly the same I have the sails...first it defines the model year (realease year...black/red Overdrive is 09) and than goes the model and than the size (the rest is different since sails are not distiguished down to a single piece).

Ciao Michal.

mario.milhazes
22nd September 2009, 10:09 PM
Hi

I opened the box at the shop and told the dealer that the bottom should be red.....but he told me to take the board that he would solve the problem with starboard.....and would give me feedback.

At this moment ive tried and used the board and im going to keep it because i like the board.
But for being mislead with the on-line catalogs and boards ive seen that have red bottom i want some kind of compensation from the manufacturer.
The dealer is not responsible for production changes!!! So i dont blame him....he justs sells what starboards sends him.

If starboard wants to change colors in the middle of a production they can do it but they have to announce that so that the customers are not mislead like me!!

I dont want money or board replacement from starboard........only some kind of compensation for doing this kind of things....this is not fair for us customers that go after something and then get another.

Thanks.

Farlo
22nd September 2009, 11:27 PM
Mario, have you considered an exchange with another guy on the beach? Some may not care about the colour but rather prefer a newer board?
Any compensation will go through your dealer I guess. This year I had a similar problem with a brand new sail. Not the colour but some wrinkles in one upper panel that would not go away by rigging or sailing. The manufacturer did not consider it a defect. Finally my dealer fixed the issue by getting me another same sail and discounting the first one. He probably lost some margin but kept an happy customer (and by the way it is an excellent sail).

mario.milhazes
23rd September 2009, 12:04 AM
Mario, have you considered an exchange with another guy on the beach? Some may not care about the colour but rather prefer a newer board?
Any compensation will go through your dealer I guess. This year I had a similar problem with a brand new sail. Not the colour but some wrinkles in one upper panel that would not go away by rigging or sailing. The manufacturer did not consider it a defect. Finally my dealer fixed the issue by getting me another same sail and discounting the first one. He probably lost some margin but kept an happy customer (and by the way it is an excellent sail).

Hi Farlo

This has nothining do to with the dealer.
Its not his problem that starboard change colors in the middle of the production.

The manufacturer has to be responsible about this. Not the importers or resellers, they only sell what starboard delivers.

An exchange on the beach is not good because my boards has been used no more than 3 times and so i wont change with a board that has some months of use....

When you go and buy a car that has a major issue and it has to be changed the manufacturer suports that....not the importer or resseler.....poor of them if they had to support manufacturing problems......

Floyd
23rd September 2009, 02:02 AM
But Mario there isnt an "issue" with your board !!! Its a different colour !!!!
Besides read up on shark attacks !!! Apparently the go for red boards !!!!

Take board to a car sprayer; he`ll spray base for a few beers ???

Farlo
23rd September 2009, 02:58 PM
Hi Mario, of course it has to do with the dealer because "he told you to take the board [and] that he would solve the problem with Starboard". I agree that colour is one element of the product but in this case he took the responsibility along with your money. Arranging such issues is common in dealer's business. Also Floyd made a good point: your dealer could very well repaint your board (they usually do that after a repair).

mario.milhazes
23rd September 2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Mario, of course it has to do with the dealer because "he told you to take the board [and] that he would solve the problem with Starboard". I agree that colour is one element of the product but in this case he took the responsibility along with your money. Arranging such issues is common in dealer's business. Also Floyd made a good point: your dealer could very well repaint your board (they usually do that after a repair).

Hi

The big issue here is having a leading windsurf boards company changing the appearl of an item without informing the customers in the middle of a production year!!!

If they changed the colors of the bottoms of the board they have to tell that to their dealers and clientes so they are aware when they want to get that board.

Do you think that a local repair shop can actually paint the bottom of the board as it came out of production?? I dont think so.....

nonopr
23rd September 2009, 08:39 PM
You guys are making an issue in regard the color of the bottom of the board. Incredible!!!! Like that affects the performance of the board.
Come on...

Farlo
23rd September 2009, 11:22 PM
Well, I'm not making it an issue. However colour plays a role in choosing my boards and sails, although it doesn't affect performance (at least at my level;-). Some years ago I waited a few months for a sail until my preferred colour became available. Windsurf is a beautiful sport because of beautiful colours too.
Hi Mario, yes a local repair shop can restore the colour. It's probably a basic pantone 485, or they can make a mix to match the exact grade. My dealer did so on a ST126 which was a similar, if not the same, red. Of course it was plain red without any graphics, but frankly I don't think you will get much more.

nonopr
24th September 2009, 12:59 AM
Farlo, Fashion is not part of windsurfing.

Unregistered
24th September 2009, 09:34 AM
I think there is a valid point here. When you pay good money for a good product, you expect to get what has been shown to you by the dealers with their brochures/ samples etc.

To some people, colour of the board is not important but it is to others.

(Have you seen a light blue or pink Ferrari? I would say 90% of Ferrari is red.)

Unregistered
24th September 2009, 01:30 PM
Fashion is very big part of windsurfing. Ask any marketing manager in the world. God love a duck. All boards would be white and all sails would be plain.

You really missed the mark this time nonopr

ULF ( can't be bother to log in)

Farlo
24th September 2009, 04:43 PM
Fashion is part of every sport. Look at the surfwear business. Some shops I know are making more money from clothes than boards/sails. Now some windsurfers are fashion victims, others not. But I imagine that when you want a red board, pay for it and get a white one, you'll be frustrated. And even if it has nothing to do with performance it may affect the good feeling and fun you expected. It's nothing rational, admittedly. Some windsurfers are very rational, others less.

Hot Ice
28th September 2009, 01:12 AM
Hi mario,

You are right to be upset if you specified a particular color scheme.

The problem is you have been ignored and rightly feel angry.

It is your dealer not Starboard who is at fault.

Take your board back to your dealer and demand a new board with your specified color scheme.

If that is not available demand a full refund.

The win win situation is to ask your dealer to have the bottom of your board professionally sprayed red.

Good luck and I hope your problem is resolved to your satisfaction.

BTW This is not the medium to resolve this issue.

Unregistered
28th September 2009, 03:29 AM
What are the differences between Futura 101 2008, 2009 and 2010 models ?

Do you recommend buying 2008 Futura 101 (new) for a much better price? Do i miss a lot of specialties i if prefer 2008? Thanx!

Unregistered
1st October 2009, 03:43 AM
I'm one of many which have followed the thread about the colour scheme on the Futura 2009 and I find it VERY strange that there are no reply from the developers/Starboard...does this mean that Starboard agree with the customer and are afraid to admit this due to the possible consequences this may bring about. Are they afraid that the customers will rush to the dealers to ask for a refund. I mean that it is wiser to admit to a fault rather than go for the no comment direction and hope that things goes away in time. One can clearly see that the bottom should be red in Windsurf magazine where Harty shows his technique on a Futura 145 Red sides and red BOTTOM. Did they have some leftovers from last year that they just have changed the graphics on.......

I would just state that I am one of the unfortunate customers who got the WHITE one, but I am VERY happy with my board and its performance, but it would have been nice with an explanation. Looking forward to Your reply.

Unregistered
1st October 2009, 04:06 AM
They probably dont think its worth replying !!!!

For goodness sake get a grip. The board base is white; big deal. Its utterly childish !!!

Wonder if Antoine or Bjorn or any decent sailors ever worry about colour of board !!!

nonopr
1st October 2009, 06:40 AM
Hey Girl, Did you see the botom of my board?
I guess Fashion is part of the sport at the end.
I look hot when I ride my iSonic 111 with grey bottom.
My windsurfing has gone from good to the best due to the color of my sail.
My Board is faster because the bottom is red.
The color of the sport has nothing to due with fashion. It is there for appeal not fashion.
Does Neilpryde drop clew sails are fashonable or funtional? Are the winglets in my iSonic fashion or function. Is the red cut out tails fashion or funtion.
This is what I mean when I say fashion is not part of winrsurfing.

Tiesda You
1st October 2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Mario and all,

Sorry if I haven't been so up-to-date on the forum threads. The last few months have been pretty intense to put it softly.

Our marketing material, like catalogues and websites, use photos generated from our photoshoots that take place several months before the final specifications are closed. Photoshoot are one of our biggest expenses so we wouldn't have many per year - and April is known as the month of photoshoots in our industry.

This means that photos will sometimes show a close-to-final product as opposed to an actual production board - maybe one in twenty (and even then the difference is very hard to spot).

We also use the photoshoots as feedback platforms when people come up to us and tell us their 'first impressions' on the new graphics. After the shoot, there can be room for changes to be made - for example the bottom colour of the Futuras or the pantone shade of blue or red and so on.

We've been careful not to show photos of the bottoms of the Futuras in our promotional material. Since our photoshoot covers so many riders and boards, there will be some photos out there that have slipped out, showing the bottom of the photoshoot's board as red, even though the final specification for production is white. The key point is that we haven't directly promoted any specific colour for the bottom of the board.

Anyway, I understand that Martin Haglev, our new head of marketing, is already in touch with you Mario, to find you one of the earlier production boards that was made before the switch to red. I hope that you'll get this soon. Personally, I like white more because it doesn't look as heavy... but they do say that red is the faster colour...

Cheers,

Tiesda

mario.milhazes
3rd October 2009, 02:18 AM
Hi all

As stated before i was contacted by Starboard Marketing Manager, Martin Haglev.
Thanks Martin for being a great person and helping me with this issue.

He explained me why the board bottom changed color and why starboard didnt contact me sooner, they were all at the dealears meeting to promote the new boards.
The bottom is now white because its lighter and is faster on the water.

Now all is fine and this issue has been closed.
Im still a starboard fan and will keep buying these fanastic boards.

Thanks all for your support and comments.

Unregistered
3rd October 2009, 09:20 PM
I have received a damaged goods from SB lately. Very bad ding, saw it only a week after accepting the plank. Must have been a handling thing, because otherwise the board's manufacturing is absolutely stunning.

So I fixed it best I could, and resolved to make the fix better by beating the crap out of it through freestyle. Dings all over now, looks much better.

Morale is, to me at least: peruse carefully new equipment before paying for it, and do take up freestyle!

Good sailing all.

Unregistered
5th October 2009, 08:49 PM
They probably dont think its worth replying !!!!

For goodness sake get a grip. The board base is white; big deal. Its utterly childish !!!

Wonder if Antoine or Bjorn or any decent sailors ever worry about colour of board !!!

they worry!!
OHHHH THEY WORRY!
listen, having hung out with both of these blokes at cassonova's for cocktails, or walmart shopping for cheap furniture, I know they lose sleep over these issues.
why, this spring we were grinding out Antoine's cutouts on his slalom board, at kihei testing some neil pryde kit, Antoine spouted " the ladeee like the red ".
It may have been a comment directed at the shiraz he likes , but i doubt it , as we were concentrating hard on the grinding to cutouts:millimeters at a time.
To add, I was at sprecks with Bjorn. Between holding the speed gun and helping adjust his rig , I saw that he had endured some reef rash and had a few cuts that bled freely.
I pointed it out and he blurted "red makes me look tough , its all about the cheeks" he Bjorn blurted .
seeing no chicks , furry yellow critters or bikini clad birds of the human type in the immediate vicintity I knew it was about the board, It just had to be!
so there you go!!
C- 144 maui-monger

Unregistered
13th October 2009, 05:25 AM
Er does that mean all us lot with red bottoms get to have the lighter boards we should have had instead of these heavy red ones?

crash151
13th October 2009, 05:51 AM
Like Ferrari's F1 team some years ago. Sack the guy that painter the cars whit to heavy red paint!

Farlo
13th October 2009, 02:21 PM
Yes, the official position of Starboard is now "white bottom lighter and faster".
Even red bottom addicts are switching to white. The future is white. Let's repaint all our S-type, Futura's...

Unregistered
14th October 2009, 03:26 AM
Who cares????????????????????????/

crash151
14th October 2009, 06:55 AM
6 pages!
Someone cares. O'yeha