PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Quad?

woutert
20th December 2009, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Currently my biggest waveboard is a Mistral Twinzer 92 (63 width), I am 93 kilo's and 193 tall. I am really happy with this board, but I am thinking of replacing it with another lightwind waveboard. I have heard great stories about the Starboard Quad, so my question is: Is there any bigger Quad planned?

I need a board for pure waveriding with minimal wind conditions. Here in holland the best wave days are typically the non-planing days and sometimes there is not even enough wind for waterstarting (at least not with my weight). I know that some other heavy wave sailors are buidling custom 100l twin boards, because there is no production board available.

It would be nice to have a quad 95l or 100l!

Regards,
Wouter

CornishAlex
22nd December 2009, 04:34 PM
I am pretty big and heavy and have often thought about having a SUP quad as my biggest wave board. Check out what is on offer from Starboard, they all have windsurf fittings. I do use an SUP a fair amount and have a big 12 foot SUP which I am thinking of changing so it would serve two purposes for me (although I am not sure about such a small SUP board for me Stand Up Paddling as it might be too wobbly for my skill level!).

http://www.star-board-sup.com/products/bd_pocketrocket.php

I would be interested to hear from any heavyweight sailors who have actually tried to windsurfed those in the waves in very light wind conditions.

Ola_H
28th December 2009, 04:54 PM
Woutert,

I don't know of any specific plans, but a bigger Quad seems like a reasonable extension of the range particularly given the history of bigger EVOs and Acids in the Starboard range.