PDA

View Full Version : Futura or Carve

cipriandanci
20th January 2010, 05:33 AM
Hi, I was about to buy a Futura 133 but the shop sold the last one before I managed to get there, so I buyed a Carve (2005) 121.
I'm not a pro windsurfer so I'd like to know if I did a good thing. My spot is Garda Lake in Italy, I'm 65kg and 1.80m tall..... thx

kvda
20th January 2010, 01:17 PM
damn, Garda lake is great, went there in 1993 for the last time, windsurfing.

The carve has always been a great shape so no problems from that position. Of course, a futura is newer, modern, but on a carve you can have a lot of speed, jibing and fun!

kennatt
24th January 2010, 05:03 PM
shame you could'nt hold on for a futura,Iv'e had carves of various years since they came out,and just switched from a 122 carve to a 122 futura,the futura is by far faster,easier to gybe and very controlable in chop.(Thats probably why its faster).Nothing wrong with the carve but the futura is a diferent board,I was always concerned when I heard that sb were dropping the carve range,but can see why. However the carve 122 has the advantage of much earlier planning so you gains some you loose some. I think ,since I'veallways had carves,that if they had continued the marque I would have got another carve but pleased with my 2010 122 futura.Didn't like the price in uk though