PDA

View Full Version : New slalom race board?

Terry1
8th May 2010, 08:12 AM
Looking to buy the latest & greatest in a slalom race board. I would like to compete at the local level. I live next to Windsurf Bay Park, Lake Ray Hubbard, Garland, Tx., where it is very gusty. I also visit Corpus or Padre 4 days a year. I love flat water speed. I weigh 185lbs, 5'8" & am physically fit. I have not used a sail smaller than a 5.0 in 15 years, even when gusting over 50. I have 22 years or so into windsurfing but have been slacking while I built a bus. I'm ready to play again. If I were to get only 1 all-around slalom that would cover most conditions, (say 12- 30), what would it be? I have a 103 Screamer that's good up to 40, some older boards in between, & an equipe for low wind days. I'll eventually get a new 95 litre for the few days it nukes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Remi
10th May 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Terry1,

At your weight and for the wind range you are asking for and if you are perfectly fit, the best board will be the iSonic 111 2010, but please notice that I don't recommand sails under 6.2 and over 9mē.
Hope this help

All the best

Terry1
11th May 2010, 05:14 AM
I was thinking Isonic 111 myself. Which version? What do you mean by "perfectly fit"? I am 51, but I have excellent stamina & enjoy competition & endurance sports. My failing in windsurfing would be my jibes. In choppy water & high winds, I may only hit 50%. I am working on this. I'm hoping to try a 111 soon.

Remi
11th May 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Terry1,

12 to 30 is wide wind range, this board work in this range but to be honest I am better on a 86 and 6.2 in that wind, more comfortable and fast.
But sure only one board to cover this wind range, the iSonic 111 will do the job
Enjoy it

All the best