PDA

View Full Version : Better choice Is122 2007 or 2009?

matatel
6th June 2010, 03:05 PM
Hello,
I can change my current board isonic 122 2007 ,now with many kilometers, with a model 122 2009 practically new.
I never try 2009 model and I would ask if anyone has been able to use it and if there are substantial differences for the better or worse. Strengths and weaknesses.
Leaves me just a little perplexed the board's volume which I think is 120lt for 2007 and 113lt 2009 then is a significant difference. -7 lt is too much?
The sail that i almost use is 7.6 and my weight is 70 kg. I haven't bigger sail and I use it from 10 to 21 kts.
I like isonic 2007 and remains for me to understand it may be worthwhile or not. I trust your opinion more competent.
Greetings

mark h
8th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Hi, not the team here.

New-gen short/wide slalom boards get the stability, sail carrying ability and feel from max width and tail width. Dimensions are now more important than the old volume.

A 70kg rider and 7.6m will hardly notice the reduced 7 litre volume, even when slogging:)

Main difference between the 09 and 07 is better control, less on the edge which will make you faster/less energy/more fun:)

I know were you are coming from though, it can be tough getting rid of a board you like. But, the iSonics always improve slightly each year. For non-pro riders, changing boards every 2 or 3 years makes the best sense as you will feel the boards improvements more:)

Chris Pressler
16th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Matatel,
would guess itīs a very good idea. Although the board has less volume it plans extremely early and has better jibe exit speed. For your weight it fits well and you will have a lot of fun using it with 7,6. You easily could put a 8,6 on. I used the board a lot with 8,8 Would recommend you fins from 42 to 46 cm. I used 44 most of the time.

Have fun,
Chris