PDA

View Full Version : Weed on FIns

GURGLETROUSERS
26th June 2010, 05:34 AM
Our local spots are littered with strands of sea weed after any surf/big sea scenario. It's bad enough with a single fin (loss of speed, slidy slithery back end) until it's shaken or wiggled or jumped off,so how do multi fins cope?

Don't they have a much greater chance of picking the stuff up, with obvious drag and loss of speed at the very least?

Unregisteredli'l chris
7th July 2010, 09:41 PM
hi mate

i find on the twins they dont hold so much weed 'cos they are shorter - a little wiggle usually shakes it off - i dont think its the amount of fins that are prone to weed drag but the length.

cheers
C

GURGLETROUSERS
7th July 2010, 10:57 PM
None of our locals have yet bought multi-fins, but even with smallish single fins on our wave boards (Evos and the like) we sometimes have problems.

The worst culprits are those lousy long thin brown strands which seem to have a super glue ability to stick. What happens to your twin Chris, if the strands bridge the fins? Is it still easy to shake off?

Lessacher
11th July 2010, 05:18 PM
I work the Wave Duo Weedfins with the rake 45. US and PB.
Look: www.designlessacher.com
Wolfgang

GURGLETROUSERS
11th July 2010, 11:05 PM
Your weedfins have a good reputation Wolfgang, but I don't think many of our locals would want to splash out on a new quad waveboard if it proved necessary to replace all the fins with weeders.

By all accounts the size and placement of the four fins is already some sort of black art requiring a box load of spares (judging by what others say on various forums) so why not stay single! We can't all be world champions, and my single fin Evo still works well enough.