Go Back   Starboard Forums > mcross19

Conversation Between mcross19 and afblaster
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. afblaster
    10th June 2011 03:19 PM
    afblaster
    Hi Martin, I already have a 2005 AHD Limited Edition 85 which I picked up for 400 last summer replace an iSonic 145. Being a Bewl sailor I need a light wind planer to maximise TOW in the often fickle winds we get there.
    I found the difference in the light wind early planing performance between the AHD and the UltraSonic is marginal. In fact the AHD is easier to get planing because I don't have to bear it off the wind as much. Nevertheless the USonic is a very good performer, but the the AHD is so similar, plus it also feels more composed when the wind gets up, that I can't justify the 1k price difference between them. So regrettably the USonic will have to go, but if weren't for the AHD it would be a keeper.
    I wish you good sailing with your USonic, I'm sure you will be amazed by its performance. BTW I found it's worth investing in a bigger fin (62/65cm) to maximise its light wind potential, the 58cm fin supplied is fine when the wind gets up.
    Richard
  2. mcross19
    10th June 2011 12:50 AM
    mcross19
    Hi Richard, thanks for your offer but my board is being repaired as we speak and will be ready tomorrow. Why are you selling it just out of curiousity? You do realise people will stab their own mother to get there hands on one of these boards? You could prob sell it for more than you paid for it!
  3. afblaster
    9th June 2011 01:24 AM
    afblaster
    Hi Martin

I have the full carbon version Ultrasonic which I would consider selling for a good offer. It has been sailed half a dozen times and it is in excellent condition, complete with a Prolimit bag. There is a choice of 5 fins from 55cm to 65cm. Please contact me if you are interested.

Kind regards
    Richard