Go Back   Starboard Forums > Fixer26

Conversation Between Fixer26 and Roger
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Roger
    26th June 2010 03:22 AM
    Roger
    Hi Fixer26,
    I'm still here, but the private message "feature" was disabled earlier this year as some awful
    persons were verbally attacking the moderators and other members of the group.
    I just found your emai.
    Write me an email at
    sailquik@gmail.com and I will respond.
    Where are you located?
    The fins you need for the early Start L boards are the Drake Shallow Water 41 cm.
    You may have alot better luck getting them at True Ames Fins
    http://www.trueames.com/wind_select....products_id=10
    I use the TA "Stubbie" 38 cm fins all the time in my Start boards and find them
    to be better quality and more durable than the current plastic finsw from Starboard.
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly who you are and where we did your event that
    got you started. I've met a whole lot of people in 10 years as the windsurfing
    "Johnny Appleseed".
    Regards,
    Roger
  2. Fixer26
    20th April 2010 10:03 PM
    Fixer26
    Roger? are we connected?
    I'll keep trying to find the part through Starboard.
    Can't seem to get "contact us" to respond.
  3. Fixer26
    20th April 2010 09:56 PM
    Fixer26
    seeking access info to repair parts for lg StartBoard.
    need 2 box fins appx. 19.5" x 6". Please direct to outlet for ordering.
  4. Fixer26
    7th April 2010 09:14 PM
    Fixer26
    Roger,
    1st, Thank you for your visit about 8 years ago. Since you were helping us get started windsurfing we have exposed over 2400 beginning international (& domestic) sailors to Windsurfing with 12 StartBoards (and another 9 donated varieties) I need help finding a replacement part. Not too bad (wear & tear) for the rigors we've put them through.
    The Fin is from one of our original boards (Blue/White Lg) I have found that the fin box style is "tuttle box". You know much more than I about these parts. I couldn't find any #s on it. (it's a Drake) I want to get TWO (1 for back-up)... Can you direct me to a source? We don't start sailing until early June.
    Thanx again for your efforts to help us get started. Would love to get you & your program back someday for a refresher. B.S.