|Today 09:44 AM|
ultrasonic upwind performance
I was wondering if someone could offer advice about the upwind performance of the Starboard ultrasonic.
I weigh 165#, and commonly sail with 7.5 or 8.5 sails. I was looking for an early planning board. My understanding is that a formula board will sail upwind better, but may require larger sails.
It is always nice if you can sail back to the same point you started from.
|5th April 2013 03:17 PM|
My local shop told me that SB UK had these in stock but they were customer boards and already spoken for but didn't find this out until after I had sold my 2012 US.
Otherwise yes I would have ordered sooner
|4th April 2013 09:57 PM|
mcross19: jamais deux sans trois
aftr two(2) burns - could you NOT order in Fall 2012 ??
|4th April 2013 01:50 PM|
I have been told to expect to wait 3 months for mine and that was last month so it looks like ours will be coming over on the same shipment Mr unregistered, shame as it looks like the weather is going to warm up and I have just bought a new big sail for it too! (pic to follow)
I had to wait the same ammount of time for my 2011 and 2012 but you would think that SB would get their act together and ramp up production prior to launch so that these are in stock or at least available more quickly!
|4th April 2013 08:20 AM|
does this mean SB makes boards upon order receipt ??
and is TWO MONTHS behind ??
sounds like they need some forecasting and optimization software :-)
i was starting to slide SB up my short list
they just dropped a notch or TWO :-(
will ONLY buy what is in stock now ...
|4th April 2013 07:52 AM|
UltraSonic 2013 production-delivery delays
Yesterday I've ordered 2013 US Carbon from Boardwise in Cannock UK. Payed deposit and will have to wait nearly 2 months to get it delivered. (checked with RobinHood Watersports UK as well. They said it would take them 4 months to get the board for me!!!).
Would there be somebody from Starboard available to comment on those extremely long production, delivery times? And would it be somehow possible to expedite delivery of my US to Boardwise?
|29th March 2013 09:13 PM|
No worries for your 103 kg with US147. A pal of 105 kg is using one with an Overdrive 11 m2 sail + 62 cm fin (planing as of 8 knots of wind) or a NCX 9.0 m2 sail + 58 cm fin (planing as of 12 knots).
Go for it !
|29th March 2013 12:15 AM|
in this article at gb.zinio.com/page/;jsessionid=AE9444B2B1801211B406AC1873FE5724.prd-main-news5?issue=416170010&pg=57&categoryId=cat1960028& acf=PG
and other spots it is suggested both the SB US and JP SLW are GREAT at planing early AND for heavyweights
in that article it says - donut worry about which one planes first - just get one and plane
some people prefer the JP SLW 92 for length
others prefer the SB US for speed and over the JP SLW since that fin is too "soft"
so, yeah - go for it
|28th March 2013 01:53 PM|
What about the real heavyweights like me?
Hi I am a heavy guy from Scotland (yep it's cold) and I am looking to get a new board and sail to cope with light winds, cold water and all 103 kg of me. Would love an US147 but ... is it more designed for smaller sailors squeezing the wind? Or would it cope with me? What brand of sail would compliment it best in the 9.5m + range?
Windsurfed for 25 years and have a few skills but getting old for the smaller boards
|21st January 2013 08:10 PM|
I think you r right .. the IS 127 looks awesome but the US although wider and having more volume will fit me better dans le petite temps :-) and that is what I'm looking for .. when the wins picks up to around a ready 4BF I'll be switching to my F111 anyway.
As you mentioned we have to deal with a lot of lulls on lakes ...
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|