Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   steveC vs. (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164)

Guest 8th February 2007 08:40 PM

steveC vs.

man - o - mon,

I want back!

I can't stand people trying to stick their heads even further up other peoples arses like last months winner does!

crazychemical 9th February 2007 12:13 AM

RE: steveC vs.

Keep it civilised will you!

Guest 9th February 2007 12:49 AM

I 2nd that and nominate the guest poster who sacrasticly brings back the fun to this forum. Its been damn quite the past few months.
Its the internet- if you dont like it, ignore it.
So bring it on, continue to question weather the appolo will actually plane in 2k

-Lampi- 9th February 2007 02:03 AM

It's true that it's been quite boring on the forum, but everyone has the right to talk about whatever they want to. It doesn't matter if it's about the planing abilities of of the appolo or if there are a million questions about what board to choose. Like you said yourself... If you don't like it, ignore it. If you think this forum isn't fun enough, find another one!! I think Steve_C deserves to be th winner becouse he did contribute the most to the forum in january. And the competition has it's rules---> the judges decision is final.:D

However the original post from Guest would be more suitable in the guest forum, don't you think;)

crazychemical 9th February 2007 03:37 AM

agreed, and i've been kicked of forums for a lot less then the first message. And if you want to discuss the apollos abileties, just join in the fight on the forum, don't start things like this. And iff, judges rule is final, if we lose faith in their impartialety we might aswell forget about the competition. I was just as eeger as another for the t-shirt, the best man won, so be it.
Gladiators, fight on! :d
but for pete's sake, no need to insult others. It may be fun, but u can be really offencive if you don't wathc out. After all, we're all fellow windsurfers here.
ps: if you want to know if it planes: TEST IT!!!!!! Theory only goes so far...

Guest 9th February 2007 04:15 AM

Can anybody recall steveC ever talking about riding anytime a Starboard? He seems to promote his custom boards even on Ask Team forum. Will we see his picture now he wins?

-Curious George

Guest 9th February 2007 04:59 AM

Would the real steve c please stand up

Guest 9th February 2007 06:31 AM

Poster, or poser, of the month????

Del Carpenter 9th February 2007 09:52 AM

SteveC's posts are thoughtful. He is a consistent and frequent contributor and what he writes is worth reading. As a reader I would like to find more posters like SteveC.

As an owner of two of Starboard's products I want the resale value to hold up. As mediocre sailor I want these forums to provide information so I can at least dream about learning things that will help me be a better sailor. I think the most any manufacturer is doing for the future of windsurfing is Starboard's support of Roger Jackson's Taste of Windsurfing Tour. Starboard gets my support because I see Starboard supporting windsurfing.

Mistakes are made and when that happens we should tell Starboard. We should also tell them when they get it right, it is to our advantage to encourage Starboard. I think SteveC's support of Starboard is ultimately helpful for the rest of us.

In the late 70's or early 80's there was a book called "The One-Minute Manager." It said positive comments are more powerful motivators (in the desired direction) than negative comments. It said if you want to motivate someone, catch them doing something right and tell them. Our collective comments can influence Starboard and each other positively or negatively.

Ian Fox 9th February 2007 01:36 PM

in case it's necessary...

The Rules : Simplified

1 > It's about having fun.
2 > If not, please see Rule 1.

Can't see any rule that requires being patronising about Starboard.
Good or bad. Agree or not. The key ingredient is "worthwhile contribution".
(Somewhere The Rules do reference "play fair". For the full rules, see that thread..)

Steve's got that win, realistically difficult to call it any other way.
There's plenty of room for 11 others.
If you thought we were joking about the handouts, we're not...
Come December 25, someone's gonna get a pretty neat Xmas present.
It will go down, fair and square. For all to see.
So, it's all there to play for, if you're up for it.

Game on.

Cheers ~ Ian