Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   need help finding a distributor near me! (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13265)

fergiegirl30 23rd August 2011 07:15 AM

need help finding a distributor near me!

I need help finding a distributor near me!.. I have tried sending emails out to the few listed under distributors on the site but no reply... I am located in South Florida (fort Lauderdale) and looking to get the fomula hwr depending upon price or a slighty used one.
Smiles,
Linda

Roger 23rd August 2011 08:49 AM

Linda,
There are no Starboard "distributors" in the USA. The distributor for North Ameirca is located
in Vancouver, British Columbia up in Canada.
Here's a link to the North American Distributors dealers in the USA.
http://www.tridentsports.com/dealers/usa/
There are several places in Florida that can order your Formula board.
Might not be right in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area, but there are a few dealers.
If you contiune to have problems finding a dealer try sending an email to
cj@tridentsports.com.
Roger

Unregistered 23rd August 2011 08:55 AM

Hi,

I can get you an HWR. Please contact me at www.nbwindsurfing.com. I am a Starboard dealer in FL located in Tampa Bay.

thanks,
Britt

sergio k 23rd August 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fergiegirl30 (Post 52258)
I need help finding a distributor near me!.. I have tried sending emails out to the few listed under distributors on the site but no reply... I am located in South Florida (fort Lauderdale) and looking to get the fomula hwr depending upon price or a slighty used one.
Smiles,
Linda

LWR - will be better for someone light weight....

nonopr 23rd August 2011 11:03 PM

Where did you see the lightweight word in this thread??

Unregistered 23rd August 2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr (Post 52278)
Where did you see the lightweight word in this thread??

I know her...

fergiegirl30 24th August 2011 06:41 AM

Okay I tried that and called but the best anyone can do is order one, which I am looking to buy one now. Do dealers also carry older models? Or everything has to be ordered? Does anyone know of where I could get a used one?? And the LWR I know is better for lighter people, but I was told that for florida wind conditions the HWR is best no matter my weight.
I'm new to this so forgive me.
Smiles,
Linda

Roger 24th August 2011 07:13 AM

Linda,
So you are planning to become a Formula racer with this board?
I vote for the LWR as well, but if you are not going to be a serious formula racer,
the UltraSonic 147 will probably get someone fairly light in weight (< 150 Lbs./68 kg.)
planing in the same windspeed and perhaps with a smaller rig.
Roger

fergiegirl30 24th August 2011 08:48 AM

Roger,
No Im not planing on becoming a fomula pro racer, but I want to be able to go as fast as possible and with the light winds we have here in south florida, I wont have to wait for certain days to go out. Also, I would race for fun. I'm 130lbs. I dont really want a slalom board...at least not yet.
Smiles,
Linda

Roger 24th August 2011 09:59 AM

Linda,
What is your largest sail size?
The HWR or LWR are pretty much going to need at least a 9.0-10.0 m2 Formula sail to get going in your light Florida summertime winds (I've been there and done both coasts in September several years in a row).
The Ultra Sonic 147 is sort of right in between a true formula board (HWR/LWR) and a true slalom board
(Isonic 133 and smaller).
I have the 2011 UltraSonic 147 and at 170 lbs./77 Kg. I can get the US147 going with a 9.2 Sailworks
NX fw and stay planing in 8-9 knots of wind.
With an 8.5m2 Sailworks NX slm I can plane and stay planing in 10 knots.
At 130 lbs./59 kg. you should easily get on plane and stay on plane in 8-9 knots on an 8.5 m2 Free Race sail (better low end power than full on race sails).
Also the US 147 will work better in the 12-16 knot range for a lightweight sailor with 7.0-8.5 m2 rigs.
At around 17 knots (which you probably won't see until later in the fall) you will probably want to get on a smaller board anyway.
Formula boards perform well with formula sails and much less well with smaller sails.
The US147 will do well with smaller sails with a lighter sailor.
If you want to race, the US147 would work, and I'll bet the racers would welcome another woman out on the race course, even on a less that fully certified formula board (unless you start beating them at their own game....?)
If not the UltraSonic 147, have you thought about a Formula Experience board? These do pretty well with smaller sailors and smaller sails.
Roger