Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   reply my s-type 126 Q. please and win a free tip for your lovelife (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1673)

Guest 18th April 2007 09:31 PM

reply my s-type 126 Q. please and win a free tip for your lovelife

hi
thanks for checking
i a planning tp purchase my first starboard..
i surf at a lake in switzerland wher a weak 3-4 Bft is normal , and sometime drive to Lake Garda for some heavier action.
So i am looking into borad that mix between slalom and freeride (so an occasional jump when there is wind, is possible).

so looking at the s-type 2007 in 126 . sailrange states -8m2. is there anybody with info if a bigger sail would be possible? thinking8,5 or 9,0 (as the jp supewrsport claims it carries , that has the same with).

thanks,
lovelife tip will be placed at the end of this thread on next saterday B)

Guest 18th April 2007 11:26 PM

RE: reply my s-type 126 Q. please and win a free tip for your lovelife

- what do you weigh?
- 3-4BF as in 9-12 kts when lucky even up to 16kts but not that lucky that often?

if you&#39;re like 80-85Kg forget ST < 14 kts (will work but will be really boring)
think in terms of Carve 144 (not the fastest but will be more fun in described conditions, and faster than ST126 (in those conditions))
Wanna go really fast described conditions go is133, is145 but no jumping (then again, you have to be going at a certain speed to be able to jump, -> C144)

or kid yourself and get an STx for lightwind conditions and just have every smart guy (on C144 or iS145) race past you.

u can&#39;t have it all (with *b in this case)

Guest 19th April 2007 07:06 PM

RE: stype 126 or 136

hi ok so the st 126 will not work with low winds i understand. maybe the 2006 version 136 will carry 8,5-9,0 m2. right?
i am 75 kg, should be possible to plane in marginal 3-4 Bft.right.
tell me i am mistaken?:D

Guest 20th April 2007 01:07 AM

what do YOU call fun:

- barely planing with every jackass out there with correct gear just zipping past you and planing through their gybes using YOU as a bouy to point out how snappy they cut gybes arounbd the guy his small but "fast" board (should there ever be enough wind for you to actually gain some speed)

- doing slow motion tricks in actually (for ohters) fun conditions

weak 3-4 BF == get youself something that is at least 52-55cm wide at the back, then you can attack the pack. You can even jump those things but keep in mind: they were most likely not made for poor landings.

C144 or Is133 or even iS145 (I think the iS133 might just be okay)
C144 will plane and make a bit of speed
iS133 will plane too, will be fatser, but not a b&j type of baord
iS145 will kill the others in your conditions, but again not a b&j type of board

I surf during the season almost every day and see the guy (locals and tourists) always surf the "fast" board in "slow" conditions. Never have to worry about running out of bouy material...

Farlo 21st April 2007 04:58 PM

Hi "Guest",

I&#39;m a bit lighter than you (68 Kgs) and have a ST126 for three years. Overall I find it an excellent medium/light wind board, but I would not put more than 8 sqm on it. You will have plenty of fun at 4 Bft, but 3 Bft is questionable. The C144 might be a better choice. I only heard bad comments about the ST137 so I can&#39;t recommend it.

Ciao,

Guest 21st April 2007 05:23 PM

hi guest, i totally c your point....
i am testing this weeks,
falcon 131 -10m
stype 136 (07) -8,5 m
Isonic 125 - 9m
jp supersport 126 -9m

any recommendations?
75 kg