Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Forum like almost always down... (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183)

Duracell 31st August 2006 01:13 PM

Forum like almost always down...

Sooner or later nobody is going to visit it anymore.

Aco 1st September 2006 03:28 AM

RE: Bandwidth limit?

Quote:

Duracell wrote:
Sooner or later nobody is going to visit it anymore.
I have the same problems: most of the time it takes a minute or more for the site, forum or the posts to load - sometimes they don't even load and I get an error message after some minutes of wait.

Is it a problem of bandwidth or something else?
The problem is worth exploring as it is quite discouraging...

All the best,
Aco

Roost 1st September 2006 04:37 AM

RE: Forum like almost always down...

Rome wasn't built in a day:D

Gerrit N 1st September 2006 07:23 AM

But it burned down overnight.....

Jonathan 1st September 2006 07:36 AM

Guys I'm pretty sure that the people responsible for the site know the state it's in. Go sailing, do some good deeds, come back in a week.

Duracell 2nd September 2006 04:47 PM

-> Gerrit N :)

nice comparison, that's more or less what happened here isn't it?

RobSwift 2nd September 2006 07:17 PM

I gotta say, I have almost forgotten this website. I can't see the logic in changing it so. Yes, you are in the business of selling boards, so you change your boards. However, you aren't in the business of selling websites. People actually don't like changes to them when their main interest is something else. You also should have hired a good web testing service before bringing this abortion out.

Screamer 2nd September 2006 10:35 PM

OK Swift we've heard you, you are shovin' it down our throats already.

Are you somehow related to an individual former known as SwiftSailor?

Or Binsad, recently kicked out of Boards' forums?

Oh well, just guessing, never mind.

Please continue

Philip 3rd September 2006 06:21 AM

Well having a no-registration forum would be great. And yes, I too have experienced server access delays. But, there were people bent on destroying the value in the Starboard website. So I am with Jonathan - go sailing or whatever, then try again. Thanks to *Board for perservering. I like the idea of the message facility and the idea behind the new way of presenting the gear. Keep the wheel turning!B)

RobSwift 3rd September 2006 06:15 PM

Certainly personal attacks and people who are always trying to present them haven't disappeared from this website. I went sailing and now I'm back to report on it. If you have a registration forum, you should also make it easy to ignore those posters a reader thinks isn't worth reading. You need an ignore function. SteveC, I never understould you're obsession with your identity. Many don't understand that it's the information that's important here, not the personal relations. If you want to post information, is it all that necessary to have it posted under your name for your personal credit?