Harness line length and large sails
I wonder what length on harness lines you Teamriders prefer when it comes to light wind and larger kit, lets say 9,0 and wide slalom board. Read somewhere that 28-30" is great, but something is saying me that in lightwind (where control really isn't an issue) shorter lines can be used.
Just curious what you use and if you alter line lenghts to type of sailing (wave vs. freeride vs. slalom blasting vs. formula)
Harness lines lenght is something very personal, so I don't think this is something universal. It also depends on your size x weight, boom height, type of harness, type of sail and board and fin size.
For my 183 cm x 65 kg frame, this is what I'm using :
- 11.0 m2 racing sail on Serenity : boom shoulder height, 32" long harness line, race seat harness, low hook (better leverage with my light weight);
- 11.0 & 8.2 racing sails on HS105 : boom chin/nose level, 32" long harness lines, race seat harness, low hook (better leverage with my light weight);
- 6.6 racing sail on HS105 : same as above except 28" long harness lines;
- 6.9 freemove, 6.2 & 5.4 wave sails on Kombat 86 : same as above except boom at shoulder level for freeride blasting.
- 6.9 freemove, 6.2 & 5.4 wave sails on Kombat 86 : boom at shoulder level, 28" long harness lines, wave chest harness, high hook for waveriding.
- 5.4-3.3 wave sails on Acid 62 : same as above.
|All times are GMT +7. The time now is 05:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.