Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Our Team (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Futura 93 - Q for Ian (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3161)

Maximus 24th December 2007 07:19 AM

Futura 93 - Q for Ian

Heya

I have ordered a Futura 93 and its due to arrive in Aus shortly.
Have you sailed it?
What are your impressions?
I have sailed the Futura 122 and it felt very fast for the size + excellent gybe, so hoping that the F93 is comparable to the I86 in speed, and hopfully faster than the Stype 93, with a little more comfort.

Cheers

Maximus
H111
RS Racing 8.4/6.7/5.8
85kg

qldsalty 25th December 2007 04:46 PM

"hopfully faster than the Stype 93"

Good luck Maximus......Ha Ha.

Maximus 25th December 2007 05:47 PM

Thanks Salty

Well when your Stype goes faster than my Hyper, then I'll start to worry!@ hehe

Maximus 5th January 2008 04:23 AM

Anyone sailed the F93?

Maximus 9th January 2008 03:49 PM

Its arrived now, so I guess i'll find out for myself shortly!@

AlexWind 9th January 2008 04:47 PM

I got the S-type 93 and it is a wonderful board!

I hope you'll enjoy it at lease as much as I enjoy mine: do a review for us when you can!

van 9th January 2008 05:18 PM

Hi guys. Happy new year to you all.

I have the following question regarding the Futura 93 in comparisson with the S-Type 93. A while back we touched upon the tail width vs volume subject. The Futura 93 has a tail width of 40.7cm and an actual volume of 94 lts - the S-type 93 has an actual volume of 99 lts yet a tail width 37.9 cm. Which board would you say is faster in say 5.7 down conditions. The general consensus was that less volume meant more control and that thinner (as in less wide) boards were quicker in windier conditions. But now the latest trend is wider and less thick boards offer more control which equates to more speed. But the tail width from 37.9 to 40.7 between the 2 boards is a big jump. I mean the S-type 115 had less tail width than than the futura 93 which is just a bit odd. So, is the Futura 93 quicker than the S-type 93 from 5.7 down??

van 9th January 2008 05:24 PM

I forgot to add. Comparing the 2 boards the S-type is the 'smallest' board in size (or foot print so to speak) yet has more volume if you see what I mean. As per a previous thread that volume is only subjective to tail width these days I would be inclined to say that as the wind pickes up the s-type is a faster board. Yes the Futura has a bigger range span but can it be faster in windy conditions??

Maximus 10th January 2008 04:21 AM

I agree, it would be great to know what wind conditions these statements of a 'faster' board were made, along with sail size and rider weight.

Hi Alexwind

What sail sizes/types do you use on it, and how was the speed etc?

As soon as I sail mine with my GPS, I'll give some feedback.

As a point of interest I also have a friend who has the Stype93, same weight and sail exactly, so we will find out as soon as both of us are sailing!

AlexWind 11th January 2008 04:42 AM

Hi Maximus, I ride my s-type 93 from 6.6 sail down.. Freeslalom (slalom no cam) sails..
With 6.6 I use a deboichet SL1 32 wich i found simply great! I'm a bit lighter than you (72kg).
The sensation of speed is very good (i don't have gps though..) and it feels very confortable on choppy water too.

If you can try your board and you friend's one in the same condiotions it would be interesting to read your feedback!