Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Maui Accomodation - Please help (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3447)

Ricardo 29th February 2008 02:22 PM

Maui Accomodation - Please help

Hello everybody!

We are travelling to Maui later this year, and am looking for a nice place to stay for 14 nights. I think the best place is on the north shore, close to windsurf spots. We don't want the tourist hustle and bustle. Ideal somewhere we can cook in or eat out, and space to park a car.

Can anyone help us by suggesting somewhere please? Travel agents will put us anywhere just to get a sale.

Thank you!

Ricardo G.

Unregistered 29th February 2008 02:45 PM

Ian Fox Listings

Ian Fox directed a poster to some places to stay on the northshore awhile on this forum , so back check the archives..you'll find the info there.
cheers...
shredulato

Ricardo 2nd March 2008 02:21 AM

Maui Accommodation

Hi guys,

Can't find Ian's thread on Maui locations. Can any put me in the right direction please?

Thanks guys,

Ricardo.

Unregistered 2nd March 2008 02:34 AM

The problem is, that most of the vacation rentals on the North Shore have been, officially, shut down, because they are in violation of the established zoning ordinances. In reality, most of them are still operating, just not advertising, for fear of drawing attention. I am going to give you a local tip: Look through the "for rent" advertisements on Craigslist.com, in the regular "for rent" section, and, if something kinda sorta sounds like a vacation rental, i.e., it has a good location, it's furnished, it's recently renovated, immaculately maintained, does not require a lease, and so on, call them, and ask them if they would be willing to do a short-term rental. Kinda like the way someone looking might ask a guy wearing a "Legalize it!" t-shirt if he has anything to share. The Maui City Council has created a black market, for vacation rentals! An this is how the vacation rentals are advertising, without advertising.

Unregistered 2nd March 2008 03:01 AM

Go to Kevin Pritchard's blog and email him.

Unregistered 2nd March 2008 03:56 AM

this could be a setup

my neighbor and i were set up and flushed out by county investigators so i would be leary of anyone claiming to be a tenant. we received injunctions to cease and desist!!!

this is horrible for maui and windsurfing....

WILDWINDSCA 2nd March 2008 06:49 AM

accomodations

cut and paste this

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3247

its a few pages back, Ian has the scoop on legal rentals.
Id give you more info on places i HAVE stayed at but some people on this site are against the "illegal" rentals on the northshore , which is fair enough so i dont want to to stir the pot.
As mentioned the county is actively seeking out websites and are hitting people.In fact you could be the county yourself.LOL

also check out www.mauiwindsurfari.com" they have legal stuff on the northshore, too expensive for my tastes. Kevin pritchards website has a referral service, good service as well.

I am staying in Kihei this year.

Kihei ....Sad but true.

Alex Aleioka 2nd March 2008 09:57 PM

Maui Rentals Enforcement

I am Agent Aleioka of the Maui County Enforcement Division.

I am here to ask all civic-minded windsurfers and visitors to send information on illegal North Shore rentals and any other illegal activities to my email address alex.aleioka@maui.co.gov or call me to report info at 808-564-2922.

We appreciate your support to ensure that visitors have a safe and legal experience on our beautiful island of Maui. Tips leading to successful prosecution will be eligible for our CVX Rewards Program.

Aloha, and Mahalo

Alex Aleioka, CPSD
Senior Investigative Agent
Maui County Enforcement Division
1312 Inokea Drive
Wailuku, HI 96783

Unregistered 2nd March 2008 10:17 PM

the watchers

see i told you!!!

wildwindsca

Year of the RAT 2nd March 2008 11:59 PM

There's a freakin RAT among us. Or two. Or three.

Thanks Ricardo.