Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask Our Team (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   F162 trim setup (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3706)

pfaffi 14th April 2008 07:04 PM

F162 trim setup

Hi Remi!
We are not to much happy with the trim of the F162. At the recommended masttrack position he board is sticky and did not accelerate in gusts and keeps the load all time at the font leg. In the free forum people solved that issue by going back with the masttrack moreless all the way. Thats causing new issues. Seems the board is designed for +100kg? I am 92kg/184cm. Thanks for reply! peter

Remi 17th April 2008 08:43 PM

Hi pfaffi,

The board was test with riders of 85kgs and 75 kgs. But this board is more sensitive to fins. The best one we found until now are the R19, R20 and R17 from light wind to strong wind.

All the best

G 18th April 2008 05:41 AM

hallo Remi,
what can you say about mast base position?Where's the best starting point?Is it affected by fin model?

I own both r19 and r17 but it seems that the r20 is not on the market yet because too fragile.Is it true?

thank you

Remi 19th April 2008 12:29 AM

Hi G,

I still have my R20 since january and have no problems with.
I play with the recommand position and more in the back depending of size sails and water conditions.

All the best

Remi 19th April 2008 10:37 PM

Hi G,

Their is no R20 on the market right now, so rumors make absolute no sense. The first delivry will be in next 7 days. Before to put in production a fin the R&D need to test everyting before and now is done.

All the best

G 20th April 2008 01:56 AM

Hey Remi,
the rumors I talk about come from a good provenance,Can't say more but if now all is ok that's cool.
Today sailed first time 162 with r17.
The board rocks....
More feedback later.

pfaffi 20th April 2008 01:00 PM

Will have first Formula competition on Lake Garda on long weekend of 1st May (Formula Super Cup and Trentino Cup). After first test trials I will use my F161 instead of my new F162. I will report about impressions of the F162 from other competitors and results. pfaffi

G 20th April 2008 01:50 PM

Hey Pfaffi,
I'll be there with all my new stuff!!
Yesterday I tested first time the board but my first goal was try to right trim the new sail instead the board.It appeared easy as usual and same opinion had other people.Just push hard!

pfaffi 21st April 2008 11:13 AM

Hi G! I will be in Torbole Wednesday, April 30th, app. 13:00 Camping Europa and start training. Lets meet on the water, AUT-84

Hank 24th April 2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remi (Post 21060)
Hi G,

Their is no R20 on the market right now, so rumors make absolute no sense. The first delivry will be in next 7 days. Before to put in production a fin the R&D need to test everyting before and now is done.

All the best

Remi, read somehwere the below info about the production version of the R20:

"Consider that the stiffness is 1 / recommended rake +6 cm"

Can you help explaining, cause your recommendations here on the SB site is a bit different (rake +7 but no stiffness mentioned).

Also please consider that the recommendation is for the R20 to be used on the 161 and 162 boards.

Thanks