Starboard Forums

Starboard Forums (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/index.php)
-   Free Forum (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Buying gear in Canada (http://www.star-board-windsurfing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4283)

Moebius 12th August 2008 02:26 AM

Buying gear in Canada

Hi guys,

I recently tried out the new Futura in Aruba and thought it was awesome. I'm a Belgian exchange student, going to Kingston (Ontario) for the fall term. Because of the favorable currency, I would love to buy a kit there. Can you recommend any retailers/sites who deliver to Kingston?

Also, I remain a bit unsure about the type and volume. Can you please share your opinion?

- I've chosen Futura, because at the moment, I'm mostly into freeriding and this board felt the best. Furthermore, I believe it will also allow me to do some basic freestyle/wave surfing in bump and jump conditions or a light swell. (which you typically have in the North Sea)

- As for the volume, I was thinking of either 111 or 122. I'm a 67 kg sailer, 1.85m. I would like to be able to get some airtime, attain high speeds and enjoy early planing. In aruba, I mainly sailed the 133, which was fine for the moment, but felt a bit too large for the future.

FYI: I will match the sail with a Neil Pryde Expression 5.7 or 6.2.

Many thanks,

Moebius

Grant 12th August 2008 09:31 PM

Try Glenn at 613-364-0546 (Windsurfingdirect).

Cheers,

Grant

Moebius 12th August 2008 11:28 PM

I've contacted windsurfdirect for the Futura board and am waiting for the reply. Since I was also looking for some sails (more precisely, NP Expression 4.7 and 5.7), I wondered whether there are any other sites. I've already heard of silent sport.

steveC 13th August 2008 01:12 AM

You might try contacting Trident Sports, as they are the distributor for North America. I did that earlier and they got me hooked up with a good retailer. If I were you, I'd request a handful of retailers to coordinate with so that you might leverage the best deal overall. Sometimes a retailer closer that might cost a little more can save you costly freight charges.

Unregistered 4th September 2008 10:09 PM

try windspirit

Try windspirit.
1866-666-9463.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moebius (Post 24236)
Hi guys,

I recently tried out the new Futura in Aruba and thought it was awesome. I'm a Belgian exchange student, going to Kingston (Ontario) for the fall term. Because of the favorable currency, I would love to buy a kit there. Can you recommend any retailers/sites who deliver to Kingston?

Also, I remain a bit unsure about the type and volume. Can you please share your opinion?

- I've chosen Futura, because at the moment, I'm mostly into freeriding and this board felt the best. Furthermore, I believe it will also allow me to do some basic freestyle/wave surfing in bump and jump conditions or a light swell. (which you typically have in the North Sea)

- As for the volume, I was thinking of either 111 or 122. I'm a 67 kg sailer, 1.85m. I would like to be able to get some airtime, attain high speeds and enjoy early planing. In aruba, I mainly sailed the 133, which was fine for the moment, but felt a bit too large for the future.

FYI: I will match the sail with a Neil Pryde Expression 5.7 or 6.2.

Many thanks,

Moebius

pierrec45 5th September 2008 02:57 AM

Moebius, I'm pretty sure you bought by now, right? Saw on the 'other' forum. What did ya get in the end?

See you in a couple weeks at that event.